Home
NHL 13 News Post

As Producer Sean Ramjagsingh announced a couple of days ago, EA Sports has just released their updated NHL 13 roster.

Quote:
We chose to release this update after the start of the NHL season, so that NHL teams would have their rosters locked (mostly) and we’d be able to incorporate accurate line combinations into the update. The roster update also includes additional transactions for the AHL and DEL.

This update features the much-requested return of Edmonton's Nail Yakupov and the addition of St. Louis' Vladimir Tarasenko, among many others.

Source - Online Roster Update Available Tonight

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 wvu22 @ 01/24/13 05:28 PM
i really dont understand why this is so hard for EA. Ultimate and Revamped do the same work and they arent even employed by EA, and they do it 20times better. I did the WJC roster and had to create many players and it is not as hard as it may seem and the effort EA puts into these is just embarressing

# 22 Fenrir24 @ 01/24/13 05:35 PM
Is anyone else getting duplicates of players in free agents? So far I have found Tarasenko, Forsberg, Seth Jones, Justin Schultz and Komarov. I am sure there are many more that are also free agents. It is getting frustrating, I want to start a GM mode, and can't with duplicate players available on the market.

# 23 JaFFiTh @ 01/24/13 08:06 PM
Are the nhlers that played oversea during lovkouts still duplicated on their euro teams?

# 24 savoie2006 @ 01/24/13 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir24
Is anyone else getting duplicates of players in free agents? So far I have found Tarasenko, Forsberg, Seth Jones, Justin Schultz and Komarov. I am sure there are many more that are also free agents. It is getting frustrating, I want to start a GM mode, and can't with duplicate players available on the market.
Did you create those players previously? If so you need to completely remove ALL roster data (including in the cache) and then download/save EA' s. If you just overwrite it, it kicks all created players into FA.

# 25 duckman35 @ 01/24/13 11:34 PM
hey all, this might be a dumb question but how do I get the updated rosters. no Yakupov or J Schultz on the Oilers.

any help would be appreciated.

# 26 savoie2006 @ 01/24/13 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman35
hey all, this might be a dumb question but how do I get the updated rosters. no Yakupov or J Schultz on the Oilers.

any help would be appreciated.
Go to Online, then my NHL 13 Online, Download Rosters, Yes Apply, Save and then back out to Main Menu and Load the saved Roster.

# 27 cyclone7 @ 01/24/13 11:44 PM
They still have goalie Peter Mannino as duplicates in Manchester and Portland. He is currently playing with the Manchester Monarchs so they need to remove him from the Portland Pirates roster.

# 28 duckman35 @ 01/24/13 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Go to Online, then my NHL 13 Online, Download Rosters, Yes Apply, Save and then back out to Main Menu and Load the saved Roster.
Thanks so much.

# 29 manooly @ 01/25/13 09:01 AM
I am new to NHL13. How do I go about downloading the latest roster using my PS3? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

# 30 MizzouRah @ 01/25/13 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyth
Teemu Hartikanien, Leo Komarov, Vlad Tarasenko - all black players

and many mistakes (weight, height, role...) I hate this updates
What, really? Guess I'll just continue on with the updated roster I've been using.

# 31 Ninica @ 01/25/13 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
What, really? Guess I'll just continue on with the updated roster I've been using.

Tarasenko is not black! But the other two are...
i guess the guys at ea thought they are from fiji and not from finland.

# 32 Gangrel @ 01/25/13 02:21 PM
Hartikinen is NOT black either. Maybe darker skjn tone than he should be, but not black!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

# 33 MizzouRah @ 01/25/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninica
Tarasenko is not black! But the other two are...
i guess the guys at ea thought they are from fiji and not from finland.
Do they pictures of them in the game? I know on some of the user edited rosters there are no pictures so I didn't know if EA adds those when they do the updates?

2nd question.. does it say his name in the game when he scores?

# 34 Gangrel @ 01/25/13 05:21 PM
I don't know about saying his name, but they say Yakupov, so I would imagine they also say Tsarenkov.

No picture for him though. I think EA takes portraits from the NHL, so maybe they didn't have one or something?

# 35 The_Kid77 @ 01/25/13 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Do they pictures of them in the game? I know on some of the user edited rosters there are no pictures so I didn't know if EA adds those when they do the updates?

2nd question.. does it say his name in the game when he scores?
Tarasenko doesn't have a picture in the game but it does have his play-by-play name listed but I have used the Blues a few times and not heard it once....even when I scored with him.

# 36 brandon27 @ 01/25/13 07:15 PM
What a mess this update is really. Pretty sad. AHL is messed up... Mrazek is missing from Grand Rapids... he's the starting goalie for crying out loud... He's not even in the game anymore...

Im going to have to figure out how to download some of these rosters floating around the forums and hope theyre up to date, because this update just isnt cutting it for me.

# 37 MizzouRah @ 01/25/13 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid77
Tarasenko doesn't have a picture in the game but it does have his play-by-play name listed but I have used the Blues a few times and not heard it once....even when I scored with him.
Thanks you guys.. in that case I think I'll just stick with Porky's updated rosters that have him at 79 OVR, at least he looks close in his cyber CAP.

# 38 savoie2006 @ 01/25/13 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
What a mess this update is really. Pretty sad. AHL is messed up... Mrazek is missing from Grand Rapids... he's the starting goalie for crying out loud... He's not even in the game anymore...

Im going to have to figure out how to download some of these rosters floating around the forums and hope theyre up to date, because this update just isnt cutting it for me.
Remember if he goes to a different league for any reason, then they have to redo his waiver to be put in the game, even if he was previously in. There could always be other reasons he was removed, but it's likely a legal matter and not EA just removing him.

# 39 tigsbaseballfan @ 01/25/13 11:16 PM
no knuble? wonder why no roster sharing and why players like knuble are deleted but players who have been retired for awhile remain?

# 40 JaFFiTh @ 01/26/13 01:04 AM
Yeah, I wish they would just keep the players in the game instead of hidden. Default roster is missing Steve Begin and Jonas Brodin out of the top of my head, but in the new roster, they are in as well as Baertsch with the new correct spelling, but no knuble, no mzarek according to a poster. So gotta figure out which roster.... lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.