Home
MLB 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

We've captured some MLB 2K13 screenshots from the video, right here.

The Perfect Game Challenge returns again this year for MLB 2K13, but it will be a little different. 2K Sports will give away $25,000 for the perfect game, per team (based off of their scoring system, which includes strength of opponent, rating of pitcher and number of strikeouts).

The top four qualifiers with the highest score will head to New York during All-Star week and battle it out for $250,000.

Still no word on any new features for MLB 2K13 and there isn't much time left, since the game releases on March 5th, almost 3 weeks away.

Major League Baseball 2K13 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K13 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 PVarck31 @ 02/12/13 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
That's a bunch of bull.

I'll take 2k'S organic "unscripted" gameplay even with the bugs over some glossy "scripted" game any day of the week!
Not sure if you're talking to me or not but I agree with you. I wrote the review here for 2k12 and gave it a 7. Specifically concentrating on the fun factor of the game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

# 22 Knight165 @ 02/12/13 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
The same with you.

The only difference is that he is posting in the relevant forum, while you troll in it.
Perhaps you don't know what trolling is.
Someone on this page did it...but you're pointing to the wrong guy.
It's really the poster who is skirting around ...not the guy being direct.
(plus...he's very wrong about scripted play...but whatever...he knows better than the guys who make the game)

M.K.
Knight165

# 23 PVarck31 @ 02/12/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
It's your version of reality and no, I didn't think 2K13 would be great.

Don't question me like you know a lot about making video games. I never did that to you.
I'm not gonna argue with you. We obviously don't agree at all when it comes to the game so I'm gonna leave it at that.

# 24 tvman @ 02/12/13 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Not sure if you're talking to me or not but I agree with you. I wrote the review here for 2k12 and gave it a 7. Specifically concentrating on the fun factor of the game.

No not to you specifically. I'm just tired of the talk that 2k12 or 11 for that matter were not quality games.

# 25 PVarck31 @ 02/12/13 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
No not to you specifically. I'm just tired of the talk that 2k12 or 11 for that matter were not quality games.
I think they were good in certain aspects but bad in others. I really enjoy the pitching, but I don't care much for the hitting. But that's for another discussion.

What I said about the reasons for 13 not being significantly better I truly believe. I don't feel I was making excuses but if others feel that way then that's fine.

I hope this series gives it a go next-gen. I want 2 great baseball games. I live and breathe baseball. It was my whole life for 25 years.

# 26 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/12/13 08:00 PM
Quote:
Despite being called blind by the resident Show troll, tonadom, I've been saying exactly what you are saying PVark. Everybody knows that this is going to be a 100% mailed in effort by 2K.

I thought 2K12 and 2K11 were great games that I played for hundreds of hours. So if 2K13 is a paint job, I can live with it. I've mentioned several times that many should wait for the inevitable price drop, because this really is a glorified roster update.

It would be nice if we could discuss the game without blatant trolling. But Show guys are given way more leeway. It's tiresome. Count the posts from Knight and see how many are finger wagging versus questions about the 2K games that actually just points out things that don't work. Look for one post about actually playing the game.

We know what he is doing, even if he is not as blatant as tonadom.
I can see you have a passion for this series, as many do. A word to the wise. I would try to refrain from using the word "Troll" in your replies. I would allow the mods to their jobs and deal with those who don't follow forum rules

Would hate to see ya banned....

# 27 Knight165 @ 02/12/13 08:00 PM
Quote:
Despite being called blind by the resident Show troll, tonadom, I've been saying exactly what you are saying PVark. Everybody knows that this is going to be a 100% mailed in effort by 2K.

I thought 2K12 and 2K11 were great games that I played for hundreds of hours. So if 2K13 is a paint job, I can live with it. I've mentioned several times that many should wait for the inevitable price drop, because this really is a glorified roster update.

It would be nice if we could discuss the game without blatant trolling. But Show guys are given way more leeway. It's tiresome. Count the posts from Knight and see how many are finger wagging versus questions about the 2K games that actually just points out things that don't work. Look for one post about actually playing the game.

We know what he is doing, even if he is not as blatant as tonadom.
Your attempts to call me out are weak at best...and quite tiresome.
I know you've got a little thing for me(what can I say?....I'm a handsome devil)...but please...move on to someone else.
Thanks.

M.K.
Knight165

# 28 tvman @ 02/12/13 08:07 PM
Pot meet kettle.

# 29 Knight165 @ 02/12/13 09:55 PM
Quote:
I'd say your swooping in to wag your finger in this forum is really weak. I know I should let the mods take care of you, but they seem to give you a fat pass over and over. They give you a pass for not letting the mods do their jobs, trying to drop a mods name to warn us to shut it, and playing passive aggressive little games in this forum while pretending to care about anything other than protecting the holy name of SCEA.

Yeah, you are a real positive force in the 2K forum.
Nobody gives me a free pass.
As a matter of fact...the "incident" you're referring to ...I received an infraction for...from the very mod whose name you think I was "dropping"(BEFORE I mentioned him in the thread by the way...and that's WHY I mentioned him in the thread....so nobody else would receive an infraction on what was getting out of hand)

So since you are entirely mistaken on points 1 and 2....I won't even bother to respond to point 3 in your post.

Your continued ...unwarranted attacks are bothersome but are not something to chase me out of any forum.

If you've really got something to say to me...PM me.

M.K.
Knight165

# 30 pistolpete @ 02/12/13 11:14 PM
I wish 2k realized how close 2k11 and 2k12 were to being truly great games.

I play tons of both games, and am constantly playing 2k11 and saying to myself "man, I wish 2k11 has this (something 2k12 has)", then when I play 2k12 I say "man, I wish 2k12 has this (something 2k11 has)."

-keep 2k12's pitching
-bring back the 2k9 fielding camera
-make minor gameplay tweaks
-make minor tweaks to the sim engine
-make MLB today work

There you go, easy as can be.

# 31 tvman @ 02/13/13 09:47 PM
Tell me about it!

# 32 jeremym480 @ 02/13/13 10:07 PM
After not buying MLB 2k for 4-5 years, I switched over last year and ended up really enjoyng it. The game gets a bad rap for reasons beyond me.

In my opinion, the pitching was the best part of the game (so fun), plus there's a few things in the franchise mode that really got my attention. I did miss some things from the other baseball games franchise mode and if I make the switch back this year I'm sure that I'll miss parts of this game's franchise mode, as well.

As I said last year, if the two games franchise modes were ever combined then I think we would have one Hell of a baseball game. Until then I think I'll just continue flipping every year.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

# 33 dansaint @ 02/13/13 11:23 PM
I didn't think 12 was that bad....I'll still get it because it's the only baseball game available to me (XBox 360) and I am interested in seeing who'll pick up the license for 2014 (I think it will be EA Sports and to me that's a double edged sword...EA Sports has been hit and miss with their titles the last few years)

# 34 Cardot @ 02/15/13 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordeal47
I'm still disappointed that the morons over at 2K still haven't been able to get the jersey colors correct. Absolutely ridiculous.
Totally agree. Even though we are beating a dead horse here, it still blows my mind. How does this happen? All games have their issues, but as a developer do you want a blatant inaccuracy like uni color to jump out at users as soon as they start up a game?....before the first pitch has even been thrown? It really hurts the creditibility and makes a bad first impression.

And while I hate the Yankees....with a passion. They are the freakin' flagship franchise of the sport. You can't mess up thier unis. It kills the immersion. Almost as bad is botching the uniform of your cover athelete. How does that happen?....Can't 2K look at thier OWN COVER and campare it to the game and realize "Uh...hey, uh something doesn't look right here". I am baffled.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.