Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Christian Brandt, designer for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 has posted a broadcast presentation blog detailing some of the improvements that will be seen in the game.

Quote:
Some of the improvements we've made include in-game statistical updates, new tournament introductions and branding (including all four majors!), a new broadcast camera setting, time of day, new major specific tournament structures, and updated commentary from Jim Nantz and David Feherty.

He also talks about the new and improved camera angles.

Quote:
As if that's not enough, we've also added a new Broadcast Camera setting that can be turned on in the Presentation Settings. We have over 3,3000 new cameras that were placed after our team did extensive research on where camera are placed on real world golf courses and how they track the ball through the air.

You will see all-new blimp views, fairway cameras, green tower and greenside views, close ups, reverse angles, different spectator swing angles, and many more. If you prefer the classic Tiger follow ball camera, it still functions as the default camera mode. But if you want to get the full broadcast experience, I would recommend the Broadcast cameras.

Source - Dev Blog: Broadcast Presentation (EA Sports)

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 statum71 @ 02/14/13 07:49 PM
I said I was done with golf because of lack of TV presentation. Maybe I'll give this one a shot one last time.

I'm probably the biggest fan there is to TV-style presentation.

# 22 Rules @ 02/14/13 08:10 PM
I hate you EA!!!

Here take my money!

# 23 poster @ 02/16/13 01:19 PM
Divot or anyone else that may know. What happens presentation wise when the featured pairing is you in your career vs a golfer that is not licensed to be in the game?

An example would be that you are tied atop the leaderboard alone with Phil, going into the final round. Do they even show the overlay, or do they put a dummy picture up for Phil or any that golfer in that situation?

This is an improvement though, so kudos to them for that. Just hope it really shows in career mode on a consistent basis.

# 24 poster @ 02/16/13 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
From what I could gather, I think this featured pairing only applies to the play now mode and not the career mode. A one round tourney mode with AI leader board and all the tourney presentation elements has now replaced the standard Play now mode so you basically recreate playing the 4th round with all the bells and whistles.

So I assume you could play with or as a licensed golfer in the game only where you both are starting at even par and go thru that one round with the same broadcast tourney set up you would have in career. Its a good feature if you are playing with a couple of pals at home and want the glitz added of playing multi player for one round.
Interesting, thanks for the reply. Hope there is still a career mode blog coming up.

# 25 Deetrain1040 @ 02/17/13 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I said I was done with golf because of lack of TV presentation. Maybe I'll give this one a shot one last time.

I'm probably the biggest fan there is to TV-style presentation.
Nope I've got ya beat. All of my gamer friends know me as being the BIGGEST fan of TV style presentation in ANY sports game. I thrive on that stuff. The gameplay could be crap. As long as I feel like it's on TV I'm in heaven. NCAA Basketball 10 was a good example. Horrible game play and freezing issues, but I continued to play it due to the great TV style presentation.

# 26 rolltide1017 @ 02/18/13 06:02 PM
Has there been any hints about a playoff being added for when you are tied after 4 rounds, or will the AI just give you the win regardless like it has for years now? This has been one of my biggest complaints for, what, 5 years now.

# 27 OnlookerDelay @ 02/18/13 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
Has there been any hints about a playoff being added for when you are tied after 4 rounds, or will the AI just give you the win regardless like it has for years now? This has been one of my biggest complaints for, what, 5 years now.
Yes, there will be a playoff this year, albeitwith a bit of a playing blindly in parallel feel to it. You will play off against those with whom you are tied, but you won't know what they did on the playoff hole you're supposedly playing head-to-head on until after the hole. The leaderboard will show what each player scored on the playoff hole, and proceed accordingly. It takes the tactics out of playoff golf, but at least you aren't automatically annointed as champion in the event of a tie.

They said they could have let you see your opponent's shot tracers executing their shots in turn, but there was a fear that this could be construed to be using a "likeness" of the unlicensed players and they decided not to chance it. Really a shame, because at least the turn-based shot tracers would show you exactly what your opponent was doing... (sigh)

BTW, how does one get rid of the annoying pop up ad that appears in the upper right corner of the message list? I can't read half the top message because it overlaps the top three or four lines. It also laps over into my replies sometimes and I can't even see what I'm typing. There's no way to get rid of the friggin ads by clicking anywhere on them!!?? I'm at the end of my rope in frustration with this

# 28 Matt10 @ 02/18/13 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
BTW, how does one get rid of the annoying pop up ad that appears in the upper right corner of the message list? I can't read half the top message because it overlaps the top three or four lines. It also laps over into my replies sometimes and I can't even see what I'm typing. There's no way to get rid of the friggin ads by clicking anywhere on them!!?? I'm at the end of my rope in frustration with this
I can't say I have this problem - maybe this is a default OS skin issue? Ask Steve in Steve's forum as well. I use OS at Work skin and it is the best imho

# 29 OnlookerDelay @ 02/18/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I can't say I have this problem - maybe this is a default OS skin issue? Ask Steve in Steve's forum as well. I use OS at Work skin and it is the best imho
I switched to Office Skin and it not only got rid of the overlapping pop-up add, it got rid of (maybe I better not say ) Anyway, I'm a happy camper now... mucho thanko!

Go with Office skin Seymour!

# 30 Matt10 @ 02/18/13 09:41 PM
Quote:
I switched to Office Skin and it not only got rid of the overlapping pop-up add, it got rid of (maybe I better not say ) Anyway, I'm a happy camper now... mucho thanko!

Go with Office skin Seymour!
It's my favorite!

# 31 Matt10 @ 02/19/13 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
how do you do that?
USER CP - then Edit Options - then all the way at the bottom of the page under "Miscellaneous Options" 2nd one down is "Forum Skin". Select "OS 1.0 I'm at Work".

# 32 Koolie G @ 02/19/13 04:55 PM
Quote:
Yes, there will be a playoff this year, albeitwith a bit of a playing blindly in parallel feel to it. You will play off against those with whom you are tied, but you won't know what they did on the playoff hole you're supposedly playing head-to-head on until after the hole. The leaderboard will show what each player scored on the playoff hole, and proceed accordingly. It takes the tactics out of playoff golf, but at least you aren't automatically annointed as champion in the event of a tie.

They said they could have let you see your opponent's shot tracers executing their shots in turn, but there was a fear that this could be construed to be using a "likeness" of the unlicensed players and they decided not to chance it. Really a shame, because at least the turn-based shot tracers would show you exactly what your opponent was doing... (sigh)

So couldn't they just show where the other person's ball ended up after each shot? They don't have to show the tracer. Just show if they are in the rough, or 10 yards in front of me, or in the bunker, or right next to the hole, etc. You would at least see what type of shot they are facing and you could adjust accordingly. That seems like an easy fix.

# 33 OnlookerDelay @ 02/19/13 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
So couldn't they just show where the other person's ball ended up after each shot? They don't have to show the tracer. Just show if they are in the rough, or 10 yards in front of me, or in the bunker, or right next to the hole, etc. You would at least see what type of shot they are facing and you could adjust accordingly. That seems like an easy fix.
I asked that question to one of the lead producers. The response I got to this suggestion was that even showing a ball at rest, with a non-licensed player's name beside it *could* be construed as a "likeness" of said player. It likely wouldn't hold up in court, but I don't think EA Sports wants to test the waters on this and put a wrinkle in their relationship with the PGA. I would think they could work this out with an understanding up front, but it would probably cost them some serious cash just to have the legal dept. to work it out.

# 34 PhantomPain @ 02/19/13 09:24 PM
What about just having a text pop-up after every shot saying what the opponent's shot was and maybe how close to the pin they are. Could have a little graphic to show the lie, the shot attempt they are on and distance from the pin. No likeness shown, right? Or is it not just a graphical likeness?

# 35 OnlookerDelay @ 02/19/13 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
What about just having a text pop-up after every shot saying what the opponent's shot was and maybe how close to the pin they are. Could have a little graphic to show the lie, the shot attempt they are on and distance from the pin. No likeness shown, right? Or is it not just a graphical likeness?
I like your thinking on this, but from the vibes I've picked up, they'd be afraid to even go that far. It would probably require more programming to come up with this alternate presentation of invisible AI players, as simple as it sounds, than to show shot tracers (they're already built into the game for simultaneous play anyway). I wish they could come up with something more representative in this regard though.

I've always wondered why they couldn't allow you to play your career mode rounds with one of licensed pros animations if they happened to be in your group, and especially if they happen to be tied with you for a playoff. I would think that would allow EA to get more out of the license fee they're already paying the licensed pro?

# 36 braves1398 @ 04/07/13 11:25 AM
I have this game on ps3 and there seems to be no true aim function, even though its says its an option in the manual?

# 37 OnlookerDelay @ 04/07/13 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braves1398
I have this game on ps3 and there seems to be no true aim function, even though its says its an option in the manual?
I noticed that was in the software manual in the demo version and pointed it out in the official forum. Apparently it fell of deaf ears because it's still there. Sadly, there is no True-Aim presentation option in this years game.

The developers did comment on it saying they couldn't get it to work right this year and they had to drop it late in the cycle. It's ironic that the camera mode that's the least "busy" is the one they can't get to work, yet these hyperactive broadcast cameras that flitter about like a wounded butterfly don't seem to be a problem!?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.