Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

FranchisePlaySports has posted a few MLB 13 The Show videos, which include gameplay and commentary from a Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs game, as well as ballpark views from Turner Field and Wrigley Field.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 crains13 @ 02/28/13 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlanni1
I think I'm the only one to agree with you seeing as there are so many haters are on your case. You say one little thing that is bad and people crucify you. They just can't admit that it's basically the same game. Thankfully though PS4 is coming out at the end of the year because it seems like they have reached their max (not a bad thing, still a great game) on the PS3.
Just because it "looks" the same doesn't necessarily mean its the same game. And if it was "basically" the same game, there wouldn't have been a fact sheet with 50+ new features and improvements.

# 22 nemesis04 @ 02/28/13 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamingBlake
Yeah sort of what this guy said above me, will there be a way to use the fielding system from last year?
You have:

Button, button accuracy and analog as choices.

# 23 Russell_SCEA @ 02/28/13 08:25 PM
The button accuracy meter is only that big because the user is playing with broadcast fielding view. It's not that large in medium.

# 24 GEOFFYJV44 @ 02/28/13 08:26 PM
you guys that complain are ****ing idiots, just enjoy the game will ya. Once you play it you all will be like, "ahhh ****t *****"

# 25 crains13 @ 02/28/13 08:28 PM
Quote:
50 + MINOR feature and improvements. I'm not knocking the game but like I and a few other's have said in here...basically the same game. Just accept the fact.
You got "a few other's" right. Please tell me a sports game that makes MAJOR changes every year....I will give you time to think about that one.

# 26 Armor and Sword @ 02/28/13 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You have:

Button, button accuracy and analog as choices.
No doubt I will be using classic button. I do not like that big rainbow meter over them at all.

That's why I love The Show. They give and keep all the options for all types of players.

# 27 bautistabomb @ 02/28/13 08:54 PM
Though I don't like the look of the meter (way too big). I love that we will finally have full control of fielders throws and throwing errors won't be a random dice roll. Hopefully there is an option to reduce the size of the meter like you can with the pitching meter. I will definatively be using button accuracy this year. This has been something this game has needed for a long time and am happy it finally made its way into the game.

# 28 MVP9072 @ 02/28/13 09:37 PM
Quote:
I think I'm the only one to agree with you seeing as there are so many haters are on your case. You say one little thing that is bad and people crucify you. They just can't admit that it's basically the same game. Thankfully though PS4 is coming out at the end of the year because it seems like they have reached their max (not a bad thing, still a great game) on the PS3.
Well im not going that far im sure i'll be amazed by the game when i actually play it.

# 29 jseward92 @ 02/28/13 10:54 PM
I am most definitely PUMPED

# 30 cbrown119 @ 02/28/13 11:24 PM
Very entertaining video....

I really liked his commentary.....he said exactly what I was thinking....PATIENCE. Don't swing at the first pitch.....the killer was from 3-0 to a strikeout....happens to me all of the time.

Can't wait for the snail mail to europe to arrive...next week.

# 31 woz411 @ 02/28/13 11:43 PM
Quote:
50 + MINOR feature and improvements. I'm not knocking the game but like I and a few other's have said in here...basically the same game. Just accept the fact.
what the **** are you talking about? 50 MINOR FEATURES? get out of here with that

Let me count 4 off the top of my head!

NEW BALL PHYSICS
NEW PRESENTATION
NEW RTTS
POST SEASON MODE
NEW FRANCHISE MODE

THOSE SEEM MINOR TO YOU!??!?!?!

# 32 Jaybirdy24 @ 03/01/13 12:08 AM
Was it just me or did it look like the cubs had two road alternates? Extra uniform slots?

# 33 ricky24BO16 @ 03/01/13 03:44 AM
looks sick....im more excited that they added a bunch more home run swings!! just adds to the greatness

# 34 ricky24BO16 @ 03/01/13 03:48 AM
but seriously the show i love u, but can cabrera get his signature home run swing?!?!?!?! i mean c'mon 2k had it two years ago!!!

# 35 DieHardYankee26 @ 03/01/13 07:57 AM
Pretty sure he's got one now. I don't remember which trailer, but I remember seeing it. I'll search later and find it if you can't.

# 36 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Pretty sure he's got one now. I don't remember which trailer, but I remember seeing it. I'll search later and find it if you can't.
http://youtu.be/EGWHa6qhDSo?t=18s
http://youtu.be/EGWHa6qhDSo?t=37s

Not sure if that shows it.

But people were saying he did mocap this year. But to me it doesn't look that different, if it is. This is the vita version, but I would think its the same for PS3.

http://youtu.be/9RU1xJmVabA?t=1m51s

# 37 DieHardYankee26 @ 03/01/13 08:06 AM

# 38 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Others batters have that swing too though. At least it looks similar or the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFRUu...=youtu.be&t=5s

I think it might just be one of the new follow throughs. Even if that was unique to Cabrera it doesn't really look anything like his swing.

# 39 Woodweaver @ 03/01/13 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bautistabomb
Though I don't like the look of the meter (way too big). I love that we will finally have full control of fielders throws and throwing errors won't be a random dice roll. Hopefully there is an option to reduce the size of the meter like you can with the pitching meter. I will definatively be using button accuracy this year. This has been something this game has needed for a long time and am happy it finally made its way into the game.

We experimented with multiple scenarios with the new button accuracy meter. Using a smaller meter. Scaling it based on the players distance from the camera. Having it as part of a HUD. Only having it appear when the USER presses the throw buttons. So on and so on. Ultimately, it was decided that it was best for ease of use and visibility (Since you have to be able to see this meter in order to use it. Imagine trying to use it with an outfielder in a high fielding camera.) to go with the current incarnation.

If you want the same control of the throw outcome without the new graphics, the analog throw mechanic with meter ON is the way to go. Plus, there is still the original button throw mechanic. If you have the meter ON with this method you will at least determine strength. If you rather have the throw accuracy completely determined by situation and attributes, use any mechanic you prefer (button or analog) and turn the the meter OFF.

# 40 DieHardYankee26 @ 03/01/13 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Others batters have that swing too though. At least it looks similar or the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFRUu...=youtu.be&t=5s

I think it might just be one of the new follow throughs. Even if that was unique to Cabrera it doesn't really look anything like his swing.
Maybe, but I think that's it. It's slower than the other videos, he doesn't stand up quite as straight I don't think, the catcher stands up and crowd roars accordingly, looks pretty signature I'd think.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.