Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

The Gaming Tailgate has posted an interview with Christian McLeod, in their latest podcast. Listen to it here, cliff notes version below.
  • Main goal with commentary this year is to tell stories, over 100 different stories this year and Brad and Kirk will track these throughout the game with dialogue and stat banners. I.E. David vs Goliath, road team gets out to early lead, possible upsets, league leaders, etc...

Impact Players in Dynasty will be dynamic and Brad and Kirk will talk about them throughout games, if you have a 72ovr rated player and he becomes one of the top backs in the country, Brad and Kirk will take note and track and highlight him during your games.
  • Stat banners and loading screens are dynamic, will show team stats, rankings, recruits visiting, injuries, as well as key players to watch in your upcoming game. Post game stat banners will include, game summary, box score, players of the game, and scores from around the country.

Once the game loads, Reece Davis will give you the "Tale of the Tape" in week 1 this will be OVR rankings of teams, but from then on it will show each teams stat breakdown and ncaa rankings, winning/losing streaks, conference standings, etc..
  • ESPN living game clock will appear in no huddle and in online dynasty games user vs user.
  • Reece Davis and David Pollack chosen together due to their work together on Thursday Night Football. Wanted to increase Reece's role this year. Commentary chemistry between the two is very natural and authentic.
  • Highlights of your game shown (1min-1min 15secs), stats and commentary recapping and foreshadowing second half. Having David Pollack do commentary was a new experience due to him being the first defensive minded analyst to do commentary for NCAA Football series.
  • Studio Updates more tailored to your conference, still will get updates about top ranked teams, but for smaller conferences especially, you will get updates on games that matter to you. Studio Updates will be timed better, primarily after stoppages of plays, after FG's, extra points, etc..
  • Christian said they made it tougher to accidentally button through presentation aspects this year. They want people who want to see them to be able to enjoy it and not accidentally skip something, but if you don't want to see it, then you can still skip them.
  • Reworked vignette logic so they appear at better times, to give the game more ebb and flow, hit emotional highs and lows.
  • Vignettes for big and small moments, sacks, tds, fg's, adjusting chin strap, tapping teammates helmet, helping players get up.
  • 3 new playable cameras, wide, zoom, coordinator. Coordinator is a hybrid of sky and blimp cam that was developed while trying to create a broadcast cam. They never got a broadcast cam that they felt allowed you to see the whole field and the community members who tested it approved. Said coordinator cam has become the favorite cam around the office and may end up being the best football game camera to date. Very excited about everyone using coordinator cam this year.
  • New pregame has a "Saturday Night Football" feel, team runouts mixed with music and game footage. Hired a composer for new menu themes and music variations for pre-game (rock, country, rap, stadium anthem variations) Dynamic smoke and team wipes, video montage lasts 25-30 seconds. Team wipes are specific for all 126 schools and will show key phrases and sayings coined by your team over the years.
  • Pre-play chatter will be dynamic and authentic without giving away play selection.
  • Crowd audio logic re-worked and improved for louder swells and quieter when bad things happen at home, basically picks up where Madden 13 crowd audio left off. The additional 8 weeks Madden had last year allowed them to have a better sounding crowd than NCAA 13 was able to achieve. Pumping up crowd noise logic reworked and tied in with player chatter, you'll hear guys say stuff like "Come on crowd, let's go, get up"
  • Neutral site games will have neutral audio, same with bowl games.
  • Reworked stadium palettes to look more like real life counterparts, I.E. Nebraska crowd will be a "sea of red" now, was evenly mixed on previous games.
  • Michigan St. new video board and Spartan head at midfield is in, TCU's stadium renovation, plus misc. stadium improvements.
  • New field type and weather, new fog and lighting effects.
  • Re-worked helmet sheers, matte, shiny, vs chrome.
  • Wide-Allows you to see the sideline to sideline view, fisheye.
  • Zoom- Different than Madden's, good for running the ball, gets you in the action.
  • Coordinator-Hybrid between broadcast, sky cam, blimp cam. Allows you to see the field, sideline to sideline, lets you read the offense and defense, to help with the "chess match."
  • Online games, user vs. user can choose independently which angles you want.
  • Player lock works with all camera angles, option to turn on or off this year, can be locked in as a player without the player lock cam if you want.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Ryan_Tarver44 @ 04/29/13 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
People have their reasons to buy the game and reasons to not buy the game. What does it matter to you? lol. I thought it was about a persons personal experience with the game and what they liked.
Dude, thank you. I couldn't have said it better. guys get it for gameplay and others get it because its cool that they can make players look like actuall college football players in life. Everyone has their own appeal for the game. Yeah some buyers take it to the extreme and threaten not to buy it but that's them.

We all just want to voice our opinions on what we want because it appeals to us and it would make the game more enjoyable. Just like for gamers that are tired of crappy game play, other gamers are tired of the same lousy equipment that hasn't been updated or has been but it's only a couple things rather than a Lot.

All of us on here want to VOICE what would make the game better to US. the BUYERS. Just that Simple. A game that updates every field for every buyer

# 62 Ryan_Tarver44 @ 04/29/13 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
I think it's funny when people say they want everything that we see on tv to be in the game but when somebody mentions something about wanted new accessories then people want to critize that person

Me personally I EVERYTHING that I see on Saturdays that goes for Gameplay ALL the way down to Accessories and everything Inbetween
Amen bro. Amen.

# 63 Ryan_Tarver44 @ 04/29/13 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Up to date accessories are pretty important for us "roster makers." It is pretty annoying having to use the wrong equipment for half the players in the game because what they wear is not an option. If I am playing a game built to resemble what we see on the field in that given year, having the players have the equipment of that given year is pretty important. Trivial? Sure. Important? Yes.
Dude I'm the same exact way! If I see Johnny Football Manzel with a sleeve under his base sleeve, I want the EA player to look the same. And even have a freakin speed revo 2-bar! And when they add new helmets, there's only 4 facemasks. I understand it's a lot of work but if you're gonna make a college game, make college FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

Just my opinion

# 64 Sundown2600 @ 04/29/13 12:33 AM
All I want is to see a CPU ball carrier run to daylight and cut across the field instead of running straight in to the teeth of a defense. Will the CPU run other plays besides 4 verts on 3rd and long? Will the CPU be smarter and more aware of time, down, distance and personnel in regards to playcalling? Will the CPU try to coffin kick instead of punting out of the back of the endzone 98 percent of the time? All of this presentation fluff means nothing otherwise.

I'm wondering if we will get an hour long podcast regarding the "new" AI in the future

# 65 jello1717 @ 04/29/13 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Will the CPU try to coffin kick instead of punting out of the back of the endzone 98 percent of the time?
The CPU is waaaay better at this in '13 than they have been in past games. I see more punts OOB by the CPU than I do ones that go into the end zone.

# 66 CM Hooe @ 04/29/13 01:28 AM
Let's redirect the discussion back to presentation elements off the game, please. AI, while a valid topic, has no place in a presentation discussion.

To the end of presentation, if Tiburon can deliver on all the things they've talked about here, I think we will have a pretty dynamic game from a broadcast perspective, which will help keep it fresh. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

# 67 BLACKjersey53 @ 04/29/13 03:58 AM
I hope they've added a few more commentary lines for Brad and Kirk concerning read option plays. Options are a great bit of the offense I run; read options more than pitch options. Seeing as how that is a majority of my offense, it's become normal for me to not only hear the same few lines per game about my failed/successful read options, but Kirk will also mistake the read option for a pitch play and say things along the lines of "I thought he would pitch it there," or "he definitely should have pitched the ball." Minor gripe, but it's kind of silly to hear that I should have pitched the ball when the play isn't even designed for a pitch. Almost as silly as Phil Simms ragging me for being greedy and "throwing it short" on a screen play.

# 68 AZwildcats @ 04/29/13 12:16 PM
Let's go Arizona Wildcats

# 69 w00dy Hayezz @ 04/29/13 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomremix
Can you do user coach vs user coach in dynasty mode??
This would be awesome. Ran a coach mode OD last year but hated that we couldn't coach against other users.

# 70 jello1717 @ 04/29/13 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
I hope they've added a few more commentary lines for Brad and Kirk concerning read option plays. Options are a great bit of the offense I run; read options more than pitch options. Seeing as how that is a majority of my offense, it's become normal for me to not only hear the same few lines per game about my failed/successful read options, but Kirk will also mistake the read option for a pitch play and say things along the lines of "I thought he would pitch it there," or "he definitely should have pitched the ball." Minor gripe, but it's kind of silly to hear that I should have pitched the ball when the play isn't even designed for a pitch. Almost as silly as Phil Simms ragging me for being greedy and "throwing it short" on a screen play.
I agree. It's pretty annoying that Kirk thinks every option play involves a pitch. Another thing I'd like cleaned up is positional awareness by Kirk. As a couple examples:
  • For all of my dual back formations I package sub (RS left/right on play calling screen) to 2 HBs instead of HB/FB. But, anytime my power back gets the carry Kirk goes on about how sometimes you gotta let the FB carry the ball too.
  • I use an empty set that's 3 WR, TE, HB with a lot of option plays for the HB that's auto-motioning and Kirk talks about how my WR is trying to get involved in the running game, despite the fact that it's actually my #1 HB carrying the ball.

# 71 cparrish @ 04/29/13 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
All I want is to see a CPU ball carrier run to daylight and cut across the field instead of running straight in to the teeth of a defense.
I've actually seen the CPU players run towards daylight a lot with the rosters and sliders I use. The problem is you have to tweak the game to get it to play like that.

# 72 Husker_OS @ 04/29/13 07:20 PM
Sounds like solid progress to me.

The in-game updates added last year did a lot for dynasty to me. It's interesting to watch upsets unfold while I'm playing.

Also, good to see about crowd palettes. Penn State, Nebraska, Tennessee, etc. all have mostly one color of apparel in the crowd.

# 73 ncaafootball14markus @ 04/29/13 07:39 PM
i think what upsets me the most is that the madden guys do a pretty darn good job of keeping us up to date with the equipment, especially the facemasks last year. what irks me is that its the same friggin company, and all the NCAA team has to do is walk down the hallway and ask someone from madden to shoot over their graphics for the 2-bar revo face mask and others. HOW HARD IS THAT? REALLY?

If these face masks are not in the game, i'm considering not buying this game until it drops to 39.99:

# 74 Watson @ 04/29/13 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
i think what upsets me the most is that the madden guys do a pretty darn good job of keeping us up to date with the equipment, especially the facemasks last year. what irks me is that its the same friggin company, and all the NCAA team has to do is walk down the hallway and ask someone from madden to shoot over their graphics for the 2-bar revo face mask and others. HOW HARD IS THAT? REALLY?

If these face masks are not in the game, i'm considering not buying this game until it drops to 39.99:
bro

...first off, you serious? Like, THAT'S the make or break for you?

secondly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by a mod
Let's redirect the discussion back to presentation elements off the game, please. AI, while a valid topic, has no place in a presentation discussion.

To the end of presentation, if Tiburon can deliver on all the things they've talked about here, I think we will have a pretty dynamic game from a broadcast perspective, which will help keep it fresh. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
come on now

# 75 ch46647 @ 04/29/13 07:59 PM
This was a good interview and a lot of this sounds really exciting. One thing that really stands out to me is the way he says they "blew out the crowd audio." This is exactly what Madden/NCAA needs. They need the stadium to feel alive and like the crowd is actually into the game.

Only sense of hesitation is he talks about how well it was done in Madden last year... Quite honestly, the crowd was only a little better then previous years in M13.

# 76 Ryan_Tarver44 @ 04/29/13 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
bro

...first off, you serious? Like, THAT'S the make or break for you?

secondly...

come on now
It's all about what the gamer wants. When you don't give what the gamer wants, he doesn't have to buy it. People just want the little things for them.

Surely there's things you want that's not in the game. And you've expressed that you want it in the game. Well that's what other consumers do. Just cuz what they want that you don't care about, doesn't mean you got to scrutinize them. We are here to talk about what we want. Not bash people for wanting "dumb" things.

# 77 LastExit @ 04/29/13 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
This was a good interview and a lot of this sounds really exciting. One thing that really stands out to me is the way he says they "blew out the crowd audio." This is exactly what Madden/NCAA needs. They need the stadium to feel alive and like the crowd is actually into the game.

Only sense of hesitation is he talks about how well it was done in Madden last year... Quite honestly, the crowd was only a little better then previous years in M13.
Yeah, that (blew out the crowd audio) is one of the big things I wanted to hear as well.....hopefully the final product lives up to the hype.

And at this point, if he had said "We now have NCAA 14 on par with what Madden was last year" I wouldn't have been overjoyed but I would have taken it because the overall audio (i.e. the crowd noise) in NCAA '13 was a disaster.

# 78 kamelr3d @ 04/30/13 11:08 AM
I wished they would just show some love to the helmets and face masks in this game. I like everything else as far as presentation, player chatter sound cool, but one area that could use an upgrade are the helmets and face masks for sure. I mean really what college player still wears the standard helmet that they have in the game?

# 79 stoncold32 @ 04/30/13 12:38 PM
How about just give us a feature/button to control the crowd reactions on our own. LOL

# 80 Colt45 @ 04/30/13 07:59 PM
Quote:
Reece Davis and David Pollack chosen together due to their work together on Thursday Night Football. Wanted to increase Reece's role this year. Commentary chemistry between the two is very natural and authentic.
What does this mean? Separate commentators for Thursday night games? If not, what is Pollack actually doing??

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.