Home
NHL 14 News Post

EA Sports has posted this NHL 14 Developer Diary, going over the NHL collision physics, which is developed from the same core technology powering the Player Impact engine in the FIFA series.

The diary goes into detail about left-stick hitting, hip checks integrated into the physics system, improved goalie collisions, more realistic incidental contact, type of hits thrown, penalties and more.

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 thedudedominick @ 05/02/13 08:25 PM
Quote:
5. Penalty Calls

Interference – Stricter calls. Players won’t be able to hit players as late after they release the puck.
Boarding/Hitting from Behind – Enhanced penalty logic to judge the appropriate circumstances of a hit (angle, speed and result of the hit) and make the right call based on each situation.
Charging – More logic was added to understand the variables of each hit, such as the speed and line the hitter has taken.
This is a huge step in the right direction that might get overlooked by casual players.

# 2 JezFranco @ 05/03/13 04:45 PM
Agree... I also hope that you will see less interference calls where two players check/hits along the boards when no one actually don't have possession the puck.... but the puck is very close.
With left stick hits/collisions, I could see it being a problem if you bump people the millisecond before the puck is on their stick.

# 3 KeyserSoze15 @ 05/07/13 08:24 PM
Why don't they get the Blackhawks center ice logo correct next year. Instead of it saying Chicago Stadium its called United Center . Has not been Chicago Stadium since it was torn down over 20 years ago. Maybe EA should hire some people that actually know hockey.

# 4 Vikes1 @ 05/10/13 10:15 PM
This sounds pretty darn good to me.

Anything done to improve the realism of the hitting/contact in the game, is a big plus, imo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.