Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

It seems there are some issues when loading up NBA 2K13 today. For PS3 users, the game seems to boot up fine, but the online rosters have been reset to default. On the 360, users are freezing, during bootup, at the above image. The only way around it, is to disconnect from the Internet.

UPDATE: (As many have pointed out, if you have custom shoes, you will freeze on both 360 and PS3.)

2K Sports is aware of the problem and are currently working on the issue. This post will be updated as we get official updates.

Let us know what you're seeing.

UPDATE #2:

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 2023NBAchampsBOBCATS @ 05/07/13 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Team is on these issues. Please continue to leave real-time feedback here as well on twitter. They're narrowing down on the issues behind it.
Thanks for all the support and advice concerning this matter. THe game is able to load up just fine, and I can say that I'm experiencing no lag or freezing at all and I can safely say that everything is back to normal for me....for now anyways. How is it for everyone else, I'm on ps3 btw.

# 42 MYNameisMYNAME @ 05/07/13 04:43 PM
Currently playing right now. Haven't logged off since I'm afraid I'll run into the issue if I do. Played a few games of My Team and Exhibition games and it's fine.

# 43 2023NBAchampsBOBCATS @ 05/07/13 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYNameisMYNAME
Currently playing right now. Haven't logged off since I'm afraid I'll run into the issue if I do. Played a few games of My Team and Exhibition games and it's fine.
LOL, its seems like that the 2k dev team fixed the problem. I was able to load normally and no freeze what so ever.

# 44 tblack228 @ 05/07/13 04:47 PM
Mines works only if I'm not connected to the internet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

# 45 tblack228 @ 05/07/13 04:53 PM
Ok I got mine to work but I had to start the game without being signed in to my gamertag. Once it went to the create player screen, I just made a generic guy and let it proceed to the main menu. After that, I logged into my gamertag and it.took me back to the start screen. This time, when I pressed start, it worked normally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

# 46 barkers23 @ 05/07/13 05:10 PM
have got the problem on xbox 360.

signed out from live and the game loaded fine.

signed back into live after the game was loaded and its loaded my profile setting correctly.

# 47 MacksHeadroom @ 05/07/13 05:15 PM
I don't know if my problem is related but I was playing fine this morning. I turn my xbox off for a couple hours and now when I try to start the game It freezes at the title screen.

I have tried deleting stuff and tried to start up while offline and it freezes at the same spot.

Edit: I signed off my gamertag and made it to the create a player screen. Went past that and then signed in. After signing in it went back to the title screen and Froze at the same spot again.

# 48 turty11 @ 05/07/13 05:22 PM
signed in to PSN AFTER loading into 2k,

custom shoes are fine, 2k uploaded shoes that give + attributes are not loading.

havent touched any files

# 49 Speranza21 @ 05/07/13 05:25 PM
Yep happening to me on Xbox. Start up the game, and it freezes

# 50 Steve_OS @ 05/07/13 05:25 PM
For me.

360 boots up to "Loading custom shoe data. Please do not turn off your Xbox 360 console... (and then freezes)

PS3 boots up fine, but the online rosters are using the default start of the season rosters. Haven't attempted anything else online.

# 51 GudStuffzz @ 05/07/13 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
For me.

360 boots up to "Loading custom shoe data. Please do not turn off your Xbox 360 console... (and then freezes)

PS3 boots up fine, but the online rosters are using the default start of the season rosters. Haven't attempted anything else online.
I'm on PS3 and I still have the "loading custom shoe data" freezing problem

# 52 MacksHeadroom @ 05/07/13 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
This is my problem as well.

# 53 videobastard @ 05/07/13 05:33 PM
What i noticed while playing a friend online today for the 360 was the rosters and gameplay resetting. The scoreboard disappearing and euro 3pt glitch kicked back in like the game use to play before the updates.

# 54 thisisgr8t623 @ 05/07/13 05:38 PM
it was freezing for me so i deleted the custom shoes data then started playing and noticed that i didnt have any of the new sneakers when i downloaded the new rosters i noticed that rudy gay and harden are on their old teams and i could play with rose and amare online. what is going on

# 55 sjoh007 @ 05/07/13 05:39 PM
log out of your xbox live
load the game up
should work fine

go back to dashboard
load game as normal
new roster update will load

game works fine for me after doing this

let me know how it works for yall
follow steps in order

# 56 sjoh007 @ 05/07/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoh007
log out of your xbox live
load the game up
should work fine

go back to dashboard
load game as normal
new roster update will load

game works fine for me after doing this

let me know how it works for yall
follow steps in order
im on 360

# 57 sjoh007 @ 05/07/13 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisgr8t623
it was freezing for me so i deleted the custom shoes data then started playing and noticed that i didnt have any of the new sneakers when i downloaded the new rosters i noticed that rudy gay and harden are on their old teams and i could play with rose and amare online. what is going on

dont delete anything just let the game load without being on xbox live then when the screen comes on make a dummy myplayer and then log on to xbox live

# 58 Leftos @ 05/07/13 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
What i noticed while playing a friend online today for the 360 was the rosters and gameplay resetting. The scoreboard disappearing and euro 3pt glitch kicked back in like the game use to play before the updates.
Both those problems were fixed with Online Data updates, not a patch. If Online Data has been temporarily disabled or reset to default while the team is working on the issue, these issues will be there. As soon as Online Data resumes its normal service, those issues will go away again.

# 59 barkers23 @ 05/07/13 05:55 PM
update*

played up to hal time in an association game and quit and saved out and it froze again to say loading shoe file.

# 60 Nox_Caelum @ 05/07/13 05:59 PM
Ok, so I logged in fine yesterday, went to log in tonight and it froze, tried again froze, and gave up. Decided to come on OS 'cause I'd remembered seeing a few threads about the game freezing at start up and found this thread. I've signed out of the PSN and got into the game fine.
The one thing I want to say, is that about a month ago my internet was cut off and I coudln't connect to the PSN, and then while trying to play 2K it would freeze when it prompts you to press START at the main screen. I just find it odd that about a month ago I couldn't get into the game unless I was online, now I can only get into the game if I'm offline.
*PS3 user.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.