Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Take-Two Interactive has posted the release date for NBA 2K14, as well as a list of games headed to next-gen. NBA 2K14 will be released on October 1st and by all indications, it looks like it will also be headed next-gen systems.

Maybe we hear more on May 21st, when Microsoft plans to announce their next-gen system.

Source - Take-Two

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 GudStuffzz @ 05/13/13 11:26 PM
PLEASE STAY ON PS3/360 FOR 2k14. I really only use my ps3 for nba 2k and I don't want to spend 300-400+ just to play the next installment of the series....

# 22 turty11 @ 05/13/13 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox_Caelum
*And PS3. Although 2K moving to PS4 would make me wann get the PS4 this year.
lol id get a ps4, but when the ps3 was released it had nothing but problems.

and ya know i cant afford to throw that out when i just bought my ps3 less than a year ago

# 23 Nox_Caelum @ 05/13/13 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
lol id get a ps4, but when the ps3 was released it had nothing but problems.

and ya know i cant afford to throw that out when i just bought my ps3 less than a year ago
I'd love a PS4, and I might be able to get a job for it, but 2K being on PS4 is the only thing making me want to buy it this year not next year.
Besides if they still have roster issues and you're stuck on PS3 while I'm on PS4 what am I onna do???

# 24 turty11 @ 05/13/13 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox_Caelum
I'd love a PS4, and I might be able to get a job for it, but 2K being on PS4 is the only thing making me want to buy it this year not next year.
Besides if they still have roster issues and you're stuck on PS3 while I'm on PS4 what am I onna do???

get the 720 lol!

# 25 Nox_Caelum @ 05/13/13 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
get the 720 lol!
Never, I hate xbox controllers.
I'm more likely to get a gaming PC than xbox
[Any other guys you need me to find shooting tape for?]

# 26 UnbelievablyRAW @ 05/14/13 12:12 AM
I bet even on the next gen consoles 2k will still have the crowd rendered in mostly 2d with terrible textures

# 27 Melbournelad @ 05/14/13 12:19 AM
Although I definitely want 2k14 on next gen consoles, how can that be true when 2k14 is slated for release on October first, yet both new consoles aren't likely to be coming out until November?

# 28 Phreezy P @ 05/14/13 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Although I definitely want 2k14 on next gen consoles, how can that be true when 2k14 is slated for release on October first, yet both new consoles aren't likely to be coming out until November?
Later release obviously. Current Gen first though which comes out regular day.

# 29 ccoaxum @ 05/14/13 12:58 AM
determining and being a fact is two different things, so again why is people saying it is going to be on the next Gens when its not a fact yet, n it would be weird for all of the new 2k games thats coming out and their basketball game is the only game coming out on the new get platforms

# 30 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 05/14/13 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
determining and being a fact is two different things, so again why is people saying it is going to be on the next Gens when its not a fact yet, n it would be weird for all of the new 2k games thats coming out and their basketball game is the only game coming out on the new get platforms
huh? i cant understand what you wrote.

but anyways, obviously 2k14 is coming to ps3/360. the ps4/xbox infinity versions of 2k14 will most likely drop in november when the consoles release respectively. nothing much else to say

# 31 Eaglerock562 @ 05/14/13 01:41 AM
I think that as far as 2k14 and the new 720, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of us who have 360 hesitate for a second before going out and spending $$$ on a next gen console and a $60 video game. To me, if 2k14 is going to be on the next gen console then a lot of issues that we have been very vocal about over the past 2-3 years within the game better be addressed. For one, roster updates better be more efficient and more accurate. The game should be more user editable because if the next gen console is obviously going to be updated to the technology that we are able to get to today then we should expect MORE in regards to overall improvement and presentation of the game and I for one think that before someone goes out and spends $300 on a new gen console + $60 for a new game that they are more self assured that it is worth it. In my opinion 2k really needs to focus more on the issues with the current game modes that they have in the game and stop trying to add a new mode or feature of single year because if you haven't fixed or gotten right what has been wrong with the game in years past what makes you think that by adding something your going to correct it. Sometimes less is more.

# 32 zimmtron @ 05/14/13 04:33 AM
Hopefully the reason they sucked with roster updates this year is so they can make 2k14 unreal!

# 33 SaintBrees @ 05/14/13 05:03 AM
I don't understand why most of you have the view point of "I don't want to drop 300+ on the new console just for the new 2k." You arent dropping 300+ on the new console for just 1 game. At least I hope you arent. The new console is an investment. Im going to get it when it comes out simply because I know I am going to get it eventually anyways. The new console is going to have great launch titles, better for online play, have more features, and a crap ton more stuff we simply dont know about yet. I also want to be able to play the new games with my friends. So I just don't understand those with the mindset that the 300+ won't be worth it for the next console.

# 34 keshunleon @ 05/14/13 06:45 AM
I wish 2K would wait until at least a week before the season start to release the game. I am tired of them rushing the game with all the bad rosters and all the unfinished game issues.

Release the demo on the 1st and 2 weeks later release the game:
four qtr demo about 3-5 mins so gamers can test it and give them feedback on what to fix. This would give them a head start own releasing the patch earlier near the beginning of the season.

Push the game back 3 weeks and release a great roster update on the 1st day of the season.

# 35 Nox_Caelum @ 05/14/13 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBrees
I don't understand why most of you have the view point of "I don't want to drop 300+ on the new console just for the new 2k." You arent dropping 300+ on the new console for just 1 game. At least I hope you arent. The new console is an investment. Im going to get it when it comes out simply because I know I am going to get it eventually anyways. The new console is going to have great launch titles, better for online play, have more features, and a crap ton more stuff we simply dont know about yet. I also want to be able to play the new games with my friends. So I just don't understand those with the mindset that the 300+ won't be worth it for the next console.
At the moment, I plan on getting the PS4 next year. The only title that could sway me to get it this year is 2K14 if it seems to offer enough difference compared to the PS3 version. I'm not bothered about playing games with my friends, as they're all in a completely different country to me and are PC gamers. Online's never appealed to me. While there will be some more than likely great releases, I don't see why not to wait 'til they drop in price, and 'til the next gen consoles have come out and faults have been identified.

# 36 Gramps91 @ 05/14/13 08:38 AM
I do plan on getting PS4 but I don't see it being out until in November so I would say that it will still be available for current gen. However, it may be next year for me before I get a PS4 so I'll likely get it for PS3

# 37 m1ke_nyc @ 05/14/13 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
The next gen versions of the game would release when next gen consoles come out. Happened when the 360 first came out. Also happened with the Wii U.

# 38 ffaacc03 @ 05/14/13 09:29 AM
I expect 2k to deliver games for both, current and next gen consoles ... in fact, not only did they did it from past gen to current, they also recently did it for WiiU (you may argue wether or not is next gen, but it is a different gen of Nintendo) and released 2k13 a couple of months later.

Current gen would be around the standards we have come used to, then again, the beautifullness of new gen consoles is their exponentialy increased processing and ram powers as well as the (alleged) easyness of development ...

These consoles strengths are like a double edge sword:

- on one hand it will increase the quality of games as we are bound to have no loadings whatsoever, no framerate drops, better under the hood tools to aid with simultaneously running (nowdays essential) programms such as AI behavior, physics, foot planting, particles, lightning ... will increase the amount of content to be had all at once on the screen ... and all that couple with improved graphics (but not as pronnounced as the jump we had from past gen to this current gen).

- on the other hand, it will seriously expose game developers that werent prepared to such a hardware upgrade, this strengths will expose any lazyness, lack of creativity, the lack of progression from itineration to itineration, the lack of content ... for better or worse, videogames that are said to be simulations of real life events and sports are going to be even more exposed ... so when you couple that with the high priced consoles investment and the still stumbling economy, the alleged shrinking videogame market (which I rather consider ever more conscious, aware and demanding) will just push failing companies out of business.

Here is to hope for 2k doing yet another sucessfull transition into next gen, for taking a more intimate approach with its community and for ultimately delivering us not only what we want, but (mostly) what we NEED ... holding my expectations on check, I am looking to see a 2k14 next gen game that at least shows me flashes of these.

# 39 DWades House @ 05/14/13 09:59 AM
I'm getting my PS4 asap. I can't bother with another current gen 2K, the engine has run its course.

# 40 j3nkins29 @ 05/14/13 10:10 AM
There is no reason why it will not be on ps3 and xbox 360. There is the dilemma of having to wait to play certain games that will hopefully launch with the next gen consoles. Hopefully the next gen consoles come out in November liked rumored so the wait will not be too long.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.