Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

We have posted another NCAA Football 14 video showing off most of the equipment in the game.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 UH53 @ 06/17/13 07:35 PM
I can see it now... Haumiler tweets "We've heard you guys and we actually had the Revo 2 bar in but something happened in the final build... We'll be sending a patch in the near future." Translation "We did this to you time and time again with the uni degradation and you kept coming back for more.... Thanks for caring about details!" "However, we have your money now so we'll see you next year on the next gen... Oh yeah, keep your fingers crossed for that one!" Ben Haumiler laughing his way to the bank!

# 62 drift7one @ 06/17/13 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
I wonder how much different the Editing Screens are in just Editing Rosters.... because this video is for Create a Player in RTG...

Like maybe when you Edit a real team, you will get some more options ... like additional gloves and shoes. (I am not thinking the "Helmet" will be in there)

Just saying, RTG create a player is different than actual editing....
also..... THIS ^^^

# 63 kamelr3d @ 06/17/13 08:01 PM
The only way that I see EA Sports and the NCAA development team making up for this debacle would be to have a patch update that would put ALL of the helmet options and face mask options available in MADDEN 25.
That would be the only way to fix this, and EA Sports owns both products so I really don't see how this is such a problem.
SO FIX IT EA SPORTS, BECAUSE I WILL NOT SPEND A DIME ON THIS PRODUCT UNTIL THIS PROBLEM IS CORRECTED.

# 64 Keithwc2013 @ 06/17/13 08:02 PM
It says "showing off most of the equipment in the game" last year the videos didnt have any new facemasks then I got the game and boom, there they were. I promise the revo 2 speed bar will be In before the games official release

# 65 huskerpower1613 @ 06/17/13 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Also it sure looks better than those revo speed helmets. Gosh those things are uglyyy.
I couldn't disagree with you more. I love revo speed masks.

# 66 Kingd803 @ 06/17/13 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerpower1613
I couldn't disagree with you more. I love revo speed masks.
I think most people feel the same way. Haha. It's cool everyone has their own taste

# 67 LionsFanNJ @ 06/17/13 08:14 PM
Yeah that's weak with the lack of new equipment this year. Oh well. At least there's UA and Adidas gloves/cleat update. Was hoping for much more

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

# 68 drift7one @ 06/17/13 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
only difference in the editing screen is with the normal player editor you won't have all that HS team/uniform color options. Everything else will look the same as usual.
except for the fact that you'll be able to choose between more cleats and likely team specific gloves and sleeves. there must be an option for "Special" gloves for players, in order for that gloves option at the selection screen to work.

RTG usually only gives you the option for Nike or Generic cleats, and that changes depending on the college eventually selected.

would be kind of cool if they make you unlock cleats, gloves, and other equipment in the game by completing things in the Skills Trainer.

# 69 Keithwc2013 @ 06/17/13 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
you promise?... well then it's all settled then, it will be in the game.
All I'm saying is that all i heard last year before the game was released is everyone b******g about "there's no new facemasks. And I was one of the ones who was mad about it. I remember playing the demo I couldn't see any new facemasks and when the game was released there was. I'm not saying it's a 100 percent, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised. I'm huge on equipment. Not to mention I did see a picture that was leaked the had a revo speed 2 bar on an Alabama player. Not the running back version, the qb version

# 70 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/17/13 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithwc2013
It says "showing off most of the equipment in the game" last year the videos didnt have any new facemasks then I got the game and boom, there they were. I promise the revo 2 speed bar will be In before the games official release
dude! what are you talking about. steve already asked ben haumiller (resisting the urge to make an insulting comment), and ben said the revo 2-bar wasn't in the game.

i had wished this wasn't true and that perhaps ben didn't know what face mask, but this video confirms it.

# 71 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/17/13 08:38 PM
Quote:
All I'm saying is that all i heard last year before the game was released is everyone b******g about "there's no new facemasks. And I was one of the ones who was mad about it. I remember playing the demo I couldn't see any new facemasks and when the game was released there was. I'm not saying it's a 100 percent, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised. I'm huge on equipment. Not to mention I did see a picture that was leaked the had a revo speed 2 bar on an Alabama player. Not the running back version, the qb version
dude. there IS NO picture. i hate it when people lie through their teeth, or simply have NO clue what piece of equipment we're talking about.

there is NOT one picture that shows the revo 2-bar face mask. NOT ONE!

# 72 Keithwc2013 @ 06/17/13 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
dude! what are you talking about. steve already asked ben haumiller (resisting the urge to make an insulting comment), and ben said the revo 2-bar wasn't in the game.

i had wished this wasn't true and that perhaps ben didn't know what face mask, but this video confirms it.
Well aparently I'm an idiot. Lol my fault, I didn't see the video. Can you get me the link? I also just blew up Ben on twitter to tell him he needed to address that equipment issue. But my bad dudes

# 73 Keithwc2013 @ 06/17/13 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
dude. there IS NO picture. i hate it when people lie through their teeth, or simply have NO clue what piece of equipment we're talking about.

there is NOT one picture that shows the revo 2-bar face mask. NOT ONE!
And dude i know what your taking about. It's the mask that braxton miller wears, Johnny manzel, ect. This is the picture people were freaking out about that I saw http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ama-vs-vt.html

# 74 KickassJohnson @ 06/17/13 08:45 PM
blows my mind that they would add a new kicker facemask but not the one the Heisman winner and hundreds maybe thousands of others wear

# 75 sportzbro @ 06/17/13 08:50 PM

...I give up

# 76 drift7one @ 06/17/13 08:51 PM
Quote:
And dude i know what your taking about. It's the mask that braxton miller wears, Johnny manzel, ect. This is the picture people were freaking out about that I saw http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ama-vs-vt.html
then there was this one

# 77 Gap Integrity @ 06/17/13 08:57 PM
Quote:
That's a robot mask chief. If I wasn't so involved in editing rosters, I would pass on this game until next gen. Don't get me wrong, I plan on buying and playing 14 because NCAA football is they only game I ever play. But it's depressing as hell that we live in 2013 and have equipment over 3 years out of date, and actually lost options we had last generation, but we do have about 6-12 facemasks that almost no one wears. It's really kind of sad.

# 78 Gap Integrity @ 06/17/13 09:11 PM
Quote:
I will give you that. Last year we had no clue they added the revspeed 3 bar the pair of DNA masks, and the ION4d 3 bar. I have also noticed you see very few if any players wearing those masks when the CPU auto generates new players in dynasty..... SOOOOO is it possible that they did add new facemasks this year?? they could have just auto generated the equipment in this years screenshots and Demo, and it just uses older stuff. You might be onto something, but I'm very skeptical at this time. This video def seems to stick the fork in our hopes.

With the same engine as Madden, you would think that the dev team would have just imported all the equipment from Madden 13.

My theory is that EA wants Madden to always be superior to NCAA for sales reasons. It doesn't make a ton of sense I know, Both sports are more popular now than they ever have been. Madden will always outsell the NCAA series because it's the better of the two products. I don't buy the entire argument that the NFL is so much more popular than college ball. A large portion of the people who buy NCAA are college students/grads. The NFL is in 32 cities, college football covers most of America. I honestly believe that if EA put the same effort and resources into NCAA that they did into Madden they would damn near double current sales for NCAA. Suckers like most of us here will always buy it due to an addiction for our favorite sport. Imagine the untapped market they have under them if they would just invest the money. JMO

# 79 drift7one @ 06/17/13 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytop52
after looking at that video we seen that he had on the revo speed robot facemask.

and im sure thats the case with the Alabama player. The thing IS NOT IN THE GAME (oh the irony). But yea, unless they patch it in or something dudes its out.
Im fully aware, I posted that photo. its just before we had officially heard from Ben Haumiller from E3 that it was not in the game, those 2 screenshots (Alabama and OK State) were the only hope any of us had. Im just trying to prove a point to ncaafootball14markus that there were photos that believed to show it in past times, and nobody was "lying through their teeth".

# 80 Keithwc2013 @ 06/17/13 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Integrity
I will give you that. Last year we had no clue they added the revspeed 3 bar the pair of DNA masks, and the ION4d 3 bar. I have also noticed you see very few if any players wearing those masks when the CPU auto generates new players in dynasty..... SOOOOO is it possible that they did add new facemasks this year?? they could have just auto generated the equipment in this years screenshots and Demo, and it just uses older stuff. You might be onto something, but I'm very skeptical at this time. This video def seems to stick the fork in our hopes.

With the same engine as Madden, you would think that the dev team would have just imported all the equipment from Madden 13.
Yeah man, you'd definitely think so. Also keep in mind that it does say "most" in the video. Which could mean that there is more coming, they haven't revealed it all. And EVEN if haumiler denied it right now in the interview. Doesn't mean it won't be added. There has to be some kind of surprise with the game. They could add it a week before and not tell anyone. They have had to of seen all the complaints and forums erupting about it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.