Home
NHL 14 News Post

It was just revealed New Jersey's Martin Brodeur will grace the cover of NHL 14, becoming the first goalie to grace the cover of the franchise since John Vanbiesbrouck, featured on NHL '97. Brodeur won the fan vote by defeating Columbus’ Sergei Bobrovsky in the cover vote finals.

NHL 14 arrives in stores on September 10th for PS3 and Xbox 360.

What do you think of this year's cover athlete for NHL 14?

NHL 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SamitSarkar @ 06/28/13 06:27 PM
aw, GODDAMMIT

signed, a Rangers fan

# 2 jijobiku @ 06/28/13 06:35 PM
Kind of wish Bobrovsky won it since he won the Vezina, but congrats to Marty nonetheless.

# 3 believeinnow @ 06/28/13 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
wish EA would stop doing these cover votes (i know they won't). I love Brodeur but he shouldn't be on the cover of NHL 14. So many young stars out there more deserving and instead you get a guy on the last legs of his career. They should really just start doing regional covers so multiple guys are on the cover.
At least in Canada they have done regional covers. Last year all seven Canadian cities had team-specific covers fans could get on launch day (at certain EB Games locations). You can be certain they'll do that again.

# 4 13whitebread @ 06/28/13 08:22 PM
When does a Detroit Red Wing grace the cover? The object of every NHL season is to lift lords Stanley cup. I think that whoever graces the cover should be the Conn Smythe winner the player that best helps his team lift the cup. This is why I don't like the fans vote IMO. Mostly because its the same as the last 3 years switch it up. I also would not mind regional covers like they did in CANADA but a little variety each year.

# 5 Griffey30 @ 06/28/13 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derektown
When does a Detroit Red Wing grace the cover? The object of every NHL season is to lift lords Stanley cup. I think that whoever graces the cover should be the Conn Smythe winner the player that best helps his team lift the cup. This is why I don't like the fans vote IMO. Mostly because its the same as the last 3 years switch it up. I also would not mind regional covers like they did in CANADA but a little variety each year.
Tell your detroit fans to vote more. It was Marty vs Pavel in one of the rounds. Its just a cover. Everyones already complaining

# 6 Manziocity @ 06/28/13 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jijobiku
Kind of wish Bobrovsky won it since he won the Vezina, but congrats to Marty nonetheless.

Gotta figure that EA threw the vote out the window when news about Bobrovsky possibly bolting for the KHL came out. Wouldn't look very good to have a cover athlete who doesn't even play in the league.

# 7 UwantRadie @ 06/28/13 09:31 PM
Good for Marty... I'm a die hard Rangers fan who has probably had years shaved off my life by the way he played against us his whole career... But I'm smart enough to know that I was fortunate enough to witness the entire career of the 2nd best Goalie in history (behind Roy*)....

Still can't wait until I can wish him a happy retirement though.

*Marty has better numbers, but if you put the defensive system that he benefitted from in front of Roy, then it's no contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 8 Feldman011teen @ 06/29/13 06:05 PM
I've known since E3. Why wait that long to announce it? When these posters are already made and hanging in the EA Sports booth, i thought they already decided.

# 9 TheGLHL @ 07/01/13 01:31 AM
Congrats to Marty Brodeur!

# 10 GetNadedScrubs @ 07/01/13 07:26 AM
Congrats Marty !

# 11 Rumplebeanskin @ 07/01/13 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manziocity
Gotta figure that EA threw the vote out the window when news about Bobrovsky possibly bolting for the KHL came out. Wouldn't look very good to have a cover athlete who doesn't even play in the league.
As opposed to putting a potential back up on your cover lol That trade for Schneider is excellent news for EA [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, I like it, I like Brodeur, he's been an excellent servant to the Devils and the NHL, but he might not be between the pipes as much as he'd like to be next season. Regardless, it's a nice send off.

# 12 savoie2006 @ 07/04/13 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manziocity
And he didn't even bolt. Love that Marty got the cover. Bobrovsky will be around a while longer, not so with Brodeur who will likely retire in a year or so. He's a HOF goalie who has won the Cup a couple times and even gave the unlikely Devils a shot to win another when nobody thought they would get that far. Bobrovsky has to proove this last year wasn't just a fluke and that he can remain a number one goalie.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.