Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

We haven't heard much from the NBA Live 14 team since the Twitter chat in late June uncovered some details about the game.

It looks like we'll be seeing a blog arrive sometime this week, going over exactly what releasing the ball to physics brings to the table.

What are you hoping to see?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ERA @ 07/16/13 04:13 PM
Very optimistic. Hoping we will get a demonstration demo, or something in that nature. If not, probably just more about bounceTek or CourtQ.

# 2 Taylor_0330 @ 07/16/13 04:35 PM
Hey, the more info we get just confirms that EA is coming with something BIG. No doubt that 2K14 is going to get it's shine as well. But Live 14 is going to be special I believe. If EA has this much time, with a new dedicated crew, next-gen consoles, Synergy sports providing data every hour on the hour from (tendencies, accessories, and statistics)! How could you not think it's its going to be BIG!!!!!! EA! "It's in the Game"

# 3 I Djm @ 07/16/13 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_0330
Hey, the more info we get just confirms that EA is coming with something BIG. No doubt that 2K14 is going to get it's shine as well. But Live 14 is going to be special I believe. If EA has this much time, with a new dedicated crew, next-gen consoles, Synergy sports providing data every hour on the hour from (tendencies, accessories, and statistics)! How could you not think it's its going to be BIG!!!!!! EA! "It's in the Game"
dude in all fairness EA has been all talk these last years. it's put up or shut up at this point

# 4 TreyIM2 @ 07/16/13 06:40 PM
I'm just hoping to see some in game actual footage and not just some tech demos.

# 5 ai2k2 @ 07/16/13 06:56 PM
Live has lost all credibility with me. The worst thing they can do is build hype. I want no parts. If the game is really good show gameplay and we'll decide from that. All the tech behind the game fluff is the same ole non sense as far as I'm concerned. 2K14 has the juice

# 6 thedream2k13 @ 07/16/13 07:35 PM
2k14 has juice? Lol,if it comes out with weak defense like 2k13 its a flop to me

# 7 youvalss @ 07/16/13 07:50 PM
More info. Doesn't hurt, I guess. I just hope that if they do show it in action, they don't show those 'X-Ray' style tech scenarios again like they did before Elite (what's the point?!). Show real players on a real court in a real gameplay situation.

# 8 nick_sr @ 07/16/13 08:54 PM
Great news! Still think they shouldnt realease news and jusr drop the game. Promotion isn't going to help nba live because the kin6 is on 2k14 and theyre about break record for sales even with the kin6 haters

# 9 ccoaxum @ 07/16/13 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Great news! Still think they shouldnt realease news and jusr drop the game. Promotion isn't going to help nba live because the kin6 is on 2k14 and theyre about break record for sales even with the kin6 haters
which is why Ea needs to get all the attention they can get this year, so come next year they can compete with 2k in sales cause this years thats not what its about..its about coming out with a good product and getting ppl attention's back!

# 10 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 07/16/13 09:44 PM
I think maybe we will see a few different players signature dribbles.

What I would like to see if in game action of the different effects of the ball handler can have on the defender and the different ways the defense can effect the loose ball.

# 11 stillfeelme @ 07/16/13 09:55 PM
EA has definitely been reading this forum or others because people have been asking questions about their bounce tek. I guess they will show the physics behind it. I said in that other thread that bounce tek is just one part of how physics will be in the game. It seems that this true.

# 12 KyotoCarl @ 07/16/13 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_0330
That's not far off from what they said about elite and Live 13 so I'm not having any hopes until they actually show is something concrete.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 13 Gramps91 @ 07/16/13 10:32 PM
I'm trying to be optimistic for this game. I really hope they can create a great game.

# 14 AusBot @ 07/16/13 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
EA has definitely been reading this forum or others because people have been asking questions about their bounce tek. I guess they will show the physics behind it. I said in that other thread that bounce tek is just one part of how physics will be in the game. It seems that this true.
People have been asking questions about heaps of things about this game. Obviously the odds of them showing something that some have asked about is going to happen. If EA was really reading this forum they would know to show gameplay fullstop. If this is just another hype up about physics then I'll predict another flop from EA this year.

# 15 Guapo516 @ 07/17/13 12:10 AM
I'm pulling for live but can't help but feel alotta déjà vu going on. They've almost all this same marketing style before, talk to the community routine, dribble first emphasis and now this behind the scenes tech stuff again. I mean I'm starving to hear and see something from them but I'm almost just already past this and looking forward to some kinda action, it could be 1 on 1 or 5 on 5 but I need to see some interaction. But who knows may be they'll give us something worth while.

# 16 m1ke_nyc @ 07/17/13 12:13 AM
Everyone keeps saying put up or shut up and thats exactly what the devs have been saying. They have said they will let the game do the talking and wont try to tell us its the best game ever go buyit. I just hope they give us a solid playable game. Focus on making a sim game at the core. Keep that focus and build on it. Devs have been saying the right things so fingers crossed. In a perfect world im forced to buy 2 NBA games because they both bring great but different experiences.

# 17 youvalss @ 07/17/13 12:34 AM
I actually think that in a perfect world there would be 5 NBA games to choose from.

# 18 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/17/13 12:50 AM
Seems like realistic physics is a Huge part of Live this year.

# 19 Boilerbuzz @ 07/17/13 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
They have said they will let the game do the talking and wont try to tell us its the best game ever go buyit.
I don't know about that. That little exchange during the Twitter chat about "shall I go on", coupled with the "never been done in a basketball game" talk, sure feels like trash talk to me.

# 20 Boilerbuzz @ 07/17/13 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
I think almost every game could claim some never seen before..or use terms to describe features. Looking forward to them going on about that.

Atleast the buzz and hype has been about gameplay features and not the cover boy or soundtrack..
Because that is the position they've put themselves in over that last few years.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.