Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Joystiq has posted a list of every player with the "clutch trait" in Madden NFL 25, most of which are the same as last year.

Looking at the list below, who do you think should be added or removed?
  • CB Darrelle Revis (TB)
  • CB Champ Bailey (DEN)
  • FS Eric Weddle (SD)
  • FS Ed Reed (HOU)
  • FS Charles Woodson (OAK)
  • HB Marshawn Lynch (SEA)
  • HB Ray Rice (BAL)
  • HB Frank Gore (SF)
  • HB Maurice Jones-Drew (JAX)
  • K Rob Bironas (TEN)
  • K Adam Vinatieri (IND)
  • K Matt Prater (DEN)
  • LT Joe Thomas (CLE)
  • MLB Patrick Willis (SF)
  • MLB Derrick Johnson (KC)
  • QB Aaron Rodgers (GB)
  • QB Tom Brady (NE)
  • QB Peyton Manning (DEN)
  • QB Drew Brees (NO)
  • QB Joe Flacco (BAL)
  • QB Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
  • QB Eli Manning (NYG)
  • QB Tim Tebow (NE)
  • RE Justin Smith (SF)
  • RE DeMarcus Ware (DAL)
  • RE Jared Allen (MIN)
  • ROLB Clay Matthews (GB)
  • SS Troy Polamalu (PIT)
  • TE Jimmy Graham (NO)
  • TE Antonio Gates (SD)
  • WR Calvin Johnson Jr. (DET)
  • WR Andre Johnson (HOU)
  • WR Larry Fitzgerald (ARI)
  • WR Steve Smith (CAR)
  • WR Anquan Boldin (SF)
  • WR Santonio Holmes (NYJ)
  • WR Mario Manningham (SF)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 d11king @ 07/26/13 02:53 PM
I don't think Demarcus Ware should be clutch... When do the Cowboys ever need a clutch play from him? We're always losing and never in the position to where we are up late in the game and need a stop. I think name recognition gets him this clutch rating or whatever they want to call it, but excuse me for not thinking he's not what we're portraying him to be.

# 62 dghustla @ 07/26/13 03:20 PM
A few things.

1) as with all madden ratings. I wish this list was shorter to only include the most deserving players to make this a more exclusive list.

2) definitely don't think Peyton, MJD, Matty "Ice" or Jimmy Grahnman should be on this list. Peyton and Matty Ice are almost the anti-clutch in playoffs and that's what this should list should be about especially for QBs. You lead a 4th quarter game winning drive in week 3 that's great. but throwing the game losing Int in the playoffs negates that. IMO

MJD and Jimmy Grahman not saying they aren't clutch but just haven't had enough of those clutch moments.

3) as many have mentioned how can the league MVP be left off of the clutch list.

# 63 BigshotSportcenter @ 07/26/13 03:24 PM
You would think Adrian Peterson be on there before any running back.

# 64 juggalotusx @ 07/26/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021
I'm not trying to be a dick but are you sure you know what clutch means?
yeah, when the player comes up with big plays when it matters the most.
Fletcher is the heart and soul of the redskins D and is always in on every play and more or less is always there on 3rd and 4 to do a solo or assist on running plays.
If there should be any redskin on there it should be him, thats what I am saying. But then again I dont know football or watch it for the past 20 years.

# 65 juggalotusx @ 07/26/13 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021
Clutch doesn't mean talented. Clutch just means that you step it up in key moments/games. You don't have to be a good player to be a clutch player. I don't know why a lot of you guys are saying only 90+ overall players should be considered clutch.
I agree with you, there seriously needs to be five or less players in the 90s in madden.
I dont think gore should be on there either, he is the 49ers workhorse and go to guy but not clutch.
The nice thing is this year we can all change the rosters to how we see fit.

# 66 TheJohnnyMetz @ 07/26/13 04:01 PM
I'm not going to get bent out of shape over this, but considering how many game deciding picks Jairus Byrd has under his belt, he should probably be included...

# 67 jWILL253 @ 07/26/13 05:15 PM
So, Tim Tebow is clutch, but Russell Wilson isn't? The guy that led 8 4th quarter comeback drives (vs. Green Bay, vs. New England, @Bears, @Lions, @Dolphins, @Panthers, @Redskins & @Falcons), with 5 of those ending in victories (playing on a team that never lost by more than ONE TD), isn't as clutch as the guy who barely played any snaps all last season, most of those in the Wildcat?

Get the hell outta here, EA...

# 68 N51_rob @ 07/26/13 05:28 PM
I find it asinine that what they are basically saying is that despite evidence to the contrary every NFL doesn't have one or two players that when the game is on the line, they feel they can count on. The fact that being "clutch" gives an artificial ratings boost in late game situations, the lack of there being one on every team gives the game some teams an unblanced advantage.

# 69 SteelerSpartan @ 07/26/13 06:04 PM
Roster Share for the Win...at least for the offline guys

# 70 Roncatto @ 07/26/13 06:10 PM
People seem to be missing the point. Clutch doesn't mean great player and this is where Madden falls down. Not many players imho are "clutch"

They are just players who for whatever reason go to "next level" and seem to inspire their team mates to do the better than maybe their expected skill level.

Take Revis, he is an amazing cornerback, arguably the best in the league, but does he make his defense play better or make that 4th quarter stop to seal the game?

Take Matt Ryan, I'm a Falcons fan yes, but Matt is NOT in the top 5, but how many times has he plucked Wins from the jaws of defeat. He is the definition of clutch, he inspires or shows belief that the win is still possible and whether that leads to Roddy White catching a silly middle of the field hail mary from the 2 yrd line or getting to FG range for Matt Bryant with 5 secs left etc etc.

Only a handful of players are Clutch and guess what Tebow is one of them. He is a useless clown, by my word how good does he team play when its on the line? cannot argue with 5 4th quarter wins in 8 games.

# 71 pabryant @ 07/26/13 06:17 PM
No Andrew Luck. Hello!?!?!?!

# 72 raiderphantom @ 07/26/13 06:18 PM
NO ROMO??? Oh mylanta!!!

On a serious note, I don't think Peyton is clutch. Never has been.

# 73 pabryant @ 07/26/13 06:24 PM
Peyton is clutch. I live in Indianapolis and I don't think I have ever missed watching a game in his duration here. If there was a "clutch in the playoffs" trait, you may have an argument. If you look at his body of work, he belongs on this list. "The 2000-2010 Colts have won the most regular season games ever in a decade" ___ Bleacher Report. You don't do that without a clutch quarterback.

# 74 artemusclyde9 @ 07/26/13 06:43 PM
Ask any GB fan how clutch Matthews was all last year.... He wasn't.

# 75 Chiefsfan881129 @ 07/26/13 06:56 PM
With this list released it seems like next week the player ratings will be released.

I mean if they do it like last year the top 10 qb will be released monday followed by all qb in game ratings revealed on fri

So if like last year expect it like this

QB ratings
Top 10 monday July 29th
All QB's in Madden 25 Friday Aug 2nd

RB Ratings
Top 10 Aug 5th
All RB's in Madden 25 Aug 9th

Top 10 WR's/TE's Aug 12th
All WR's/TE's in Madden 25 Aug 16th

Top 10 Defensive Players in Madden 25 Aug 19th

All Defensive Players in Madden 25 Aug 23rd same day the early release comes out

So if they go by last year release format then this is likely when to expect it & when the ratings will start to be revealed.

If they go back to the Team by Team way then it will be later.

Hope this helps go Chiefs!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

# 76 bluestar @ 07/26/13 07:35 PM
I would remove Tebow.and add Romo had alot of come backs last year. Tebow basicly didnt even play.

# 77 Find_the_Door @ 07/26/13 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Clutch isn't about the playoffs. In the madden world it gives you a ratings boost in the final 2 minutes of 1 score games. Along those lines Matt Ryan is the poster boy for Maddens clutch rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool well in that case Tony Romo is definitely clutch. Romo had more 4th Quarter Comebacks than any QB in all of football last year. On top of that he has the best 4th quarter passer rating of any active player.

Romo should be clutch as he displayed it many times last season. Unfortunately you imbeciles have this perception of him that says otherwise - open your eyes!

# 78 coogrfan @ 07/26/13 08:04 PM
Active QB 4th qtr comeback wins:

P Manning 38

Brady 26

Eli Manning 24

Ben Roethlisberger 22

Brees 20

Romo 18

M. Hasslebeck/ M Ryan 16

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...cks_career.htm

# 79 Find_the_Door @ 07/26/13 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Active QB 4th qtr comeback wins:

P Manning 38

Brady 26

Eli Manning 24

Ben Roethlisberger 22

Brees 20

Romo 18

M. Hasslebeck/ M Ryan 16

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...cks_career.htm
I said last season pal and last time I checked there isn't 38 games in a season.

# 80 juggalotusx @ 07/26/13 09:22 PM
Romo might be clutch in games that dont matter, he has ruined the cowboys chances for a championship how many years now.

I do think players need to be in the league more than 1 year to be on this year to be fair.
Luck did good last yeaor but if anyone on that team should be on there its reggie wayne by far. Like harrison before him just someone you can always count on to be there.
Heath miller is another, big bens #1 when it counts.

Clutch is the person or persons you go to when you need a win or a stop. end of storyther
And yes every team has atleast one player they count on whether they can get it done or not.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.