Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has released another NBA 2K14 screenshot, showing off the flashy pass. More news on this and other features coming soon. Until then, check out some of the videos from 2K Team-Up members.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 swaggedout @ 08/16/13 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Gotta love how every bit of news is scoffed at. Nothing is ever good enough these days.

That said, they should emphasis that you can pull off that kind of pass at will. Which raises the next point, I assume this means the speed of the pass was ramped up significantly and that it's not something automatically swatted out of the air.

I hope this means I can make better entry passes to athletes cutting to the bucket without the defender somehow sticking a hand in the way or performing better angled bounces passes in the paint.
It just kills me how people beg for info, then complain about what they get. They better do this or better do that, really??? This looks like 2k13 or 13.5. No it don't. Stop complaining about the arm sleeve. Change the damn color yourself. Obviously, there's more to flashy passes than in the past. No one said that screenshot was a new animation. Its a screenshot. At least wait until the start going into more detail before all the crying start.

# 22 swaggedout @ 08/16/13 03:56 PM
Eman5805, I wasn't directing my post at you. I just agreed with your opening statement.

# 23 bottledwaterfan25 @ 08/16/13 04:00 PM
I'm excite. I've actually been hoping for a couple years that they would incorporate some method to allow for flashier passes; and this looks promising. Gonna be interesting to see how it actually feels once I get the controller in my hands and try it out.

# 24 Vni @ 08/16/13 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba24
SHAKE4NDBAKE CONFIRMS!!!! YOU CAN FAKE PASS INTO A SHOT!!! Start vid at 2:26 to lsiten!

4:00 confirms even more!
That's really cool since you decide when to do flashy passes. Theses lasy and useless behind the back passes on the perimeter when just running a play that lead to unforced turnovers where really annoying.

# 25 Da_Czar @ 08/16/13 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
They had this same pass in 2K13.
Not like this tho. Will you have seen some of these passes before ? Of course it's basketball you won't see a pass you have never seen before LOL. These are very, very well done. I am sure that is all I can say.

DISCLAIMER: I played an earlier version of the game maybe things have changed drastically since I played This is by no means a statement to imply that the system is perfect or that you will never see a pass you may not agree with it is simply a statement on the quality of the few instances I actually saw these passes. Do not read into this do not add more to it. Do not extrapolate anything unintended... please. LOL

# 26 ffaacc03 @ 08/16/13 04:19 PM
I just hope that the accuracy of them is tied with pass rating and the frequency with the tendency ... I mean, I still want to see the distinct styles of the players ... Evans (BKN) shouldnt be as succesful nor attempt them as much as CP3 (LAC).

It may seem like something pretty obvious, but then again, the same could have been said about dribbling styles and yet in 2k13 they were all the same (bigs vs backcourts).

# 27 Vni @ 08/16/13 04:26 PM
I'am also hoping that the player you control will never do flashy passes without your input. Like sometimes your player will decide to bounce pass on it's own when you just wanted a regular pass.

# 28 NINJAK2 @ 08/16/13 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
They had this same pass in 2K13.
Maybe there will actually be some velocity to it and all other passes this year...

# 29 Da_Czar @ 08/16/13 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba24
SHAKE4NDBAKE CONFIRMS!!!! YOU CAN FAKE PASS INTO A SHOT!!! Start vid at 2:26 to lsiten!

4:00 confirms even more!
It is in. Very difficult to do because of the tight timing window.

# 30 Da_Czar @ 08/16/13 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I'am also hoping that the player you control will never do flashy passes without your input. Like sometimes your player will decide to bounce pass on it's own when you just wanted a regular pass.
User had begged for years for more contextual bounce passes. If they do it your way people who don't know how to trigger it manually would never see one even if it is the most appropriate pass and would think the game was broken.

# 31 Vni @ 08/16/13 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
User had begged for years for more contextual bounce passes. If they do it your way people who don't know how to trigger it manually would never see one even if it is the most appropriate pass and would think the game was broken.

Users used to beg for more contextual bounce pass when you coudn't manually bounce pass I think lol.

I mean if they don't even check the controls of the game they're paying for that's their own fault. That's way too much assistance.

# 32 Slava Medvadenko @ 08/16/13 04:38 PM
I like that we can do these on command now; more user control for passes is a good thing. I'd like to know if they have a strategy element to them besides the aesthetic value; if we do a no-look or a pass fake, could a defender bite on it and make a steal attempt in the wrong direction, or at least freeze in indecision? That would give more depth to it. Also, I'd like to know if these passes are less accurate than regular passes. I'm thinking the flashier the pass(behind the back, between the legs, etc.) the more likely it should be fumbled. It would also be good if you attempt a flashy pass with Kendrick Perkins or somebody he'd miss his target entirely sometimes.

# 33 eko718 @ 08/16/13 05:15 PM
Nothing about current gen can really excite me at this point.

# 34 nip83 @ 08/16/13 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
It is in. Very difficult to do because of the tight timing window.
you mean fake pass into a shot/layup?

u really mean that?

and the ability to do flashy passes on command?

It's gonna be awesome being a small 5.9-6.0 point guard and pulling fake moves on the big guys.

# 35 Vni @ 08/16/13 07:08 PM
Czar, do we travel if we miss the oportunity to either pass or shoot? That would be neat.

# 36 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/16/13 08:07 PM
I don't want sound like that guy but 2k means to tell me we only get tighter jerseys on Nex Gen

# 37 exposedaking @ 08/17/13 12:02 AM
And the number placement is still off on heat jerseys. They had it right in past games. I wonder why they changed it?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

# 38 jersez @ 08/17/13 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
I think the point now is that you can decide yourself when you want to throw one.

Sent using Tap a Talk
exactly, giving the user more options is always a good thing in my book.

# 39 Phreezy P @ 08/17/13 12:29 AM
I hope this means we either 1. Be able to throw bullet passes with this pass stick system or 2. Get Some other control that allows us to throw bullet passes.

# 40 rockchisler @ 08/17/13 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Flashy passes have always been a funny thing in 2K. I know they're out there, but they seem to happen so rarely (for those of us not using a Rondo, Paul, Or James) that it doesn't quite feel like it's something 2K's ever really contributed time toward.

I'd appreciate if that screenshot meant that aspect was brushed up a bit to trigger more naturally and seamlessly. Often it seems a sick pass could make sense on a fast break, only to be dealt a two hand overhead delivery. More of this would be funky:

That was sick

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.