Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

InsideGamer has posted their NBA 2K14 hands-on impressions from GamesCom. You can read the translation here. They have also posted information on the Path to Greatness, MyPlayer and MyTeam.

What are your thoughts after reading it?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 nddot @ 08/20/13 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Greatest of all-time eh? Only in a video game because it ain't happening in real life. Greatest SF of all time I'd say though, not bad to be best at your position all time and all time NBA starting 5. Not trying to start an argument in this thread lol just saying that mode sounds cheesy if 2k is trying to project him as the best ever.

he still has a long way to go though

# 62 Beluba @ 08/20/13 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown
All I wanna know...

Will there be a pass fake BUTTON?! If controls are responsive, then there's got to be a way to fake a pass. If it was bound to a button then I think I'd have a lot less turnovers in MyCareer. That double-tap crap is not the joint.
Fake pass has been moved to SQUARE+CROSS (X+A)... last year's alley-oop. Alley-oops in 2K14 are now L2+SQUARE (LT+X)

Another cool addition is you can now fake pass while on the move. But you have to either Pass or Shoot before the animation ends or you'll turn the ball over.

# 63 vannwolfhawk @ 08/20/13 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Fake pass has been moved to SQUARE+CROSS (X+A)... last year's alley-oop. Alley-oops in 2K14 are now L2+SQUARE (LT+X)

Another cool addition is you can now fake pass while on the move. But you have to either Pass or Shoot before the animation ends or you'll turn the ball over.
On Xbox Is X still shoot?

# 64 stillfeelme @ 08/20/13 09:40 PM
Quote:

Been reading the wishlists I see lol. Advance controls FTW, I have requested this like two years, glad it made it in.

# 65 OkayC @ 08/20/13 10:07 PM
Welp i am glad to hear that the controls got an upgrade. But i do gotta say that i am dissapointed about path to greatness, though i don't like lebron much anyway so my point of view may not be relevant anyway. But I also hate that mycareer sounds to be left untouched. this mode has so much potential, but if the AI is fixed, trade logic is fixed, and we have less of the cpu cheating for itself(doing things like the ball morphing to their hand when you grab the rebound, or you missing wide open easy shots all game long while the cpu makes super tough contested 3's, or your teammates seemingly purposely screwing up possessions while the cpu plays almost flawlessly even when it isn't) then i may be able to bare through any lack of improvements the game mode may have. Also it sounds like things are a little more defensive minded, so your teammates should play a little better brand of defense. Hopefully( and this goes for all modes) you can expand your defensive plays to beyond the 3pt line as well as for better paint protection.

# 66 Beluba @ 08/20/13 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
On Xbox Is X still shoot?
yeah (10 char.)

# 67 vannwolfhawk @ 08/20/13 11:42 PM
Quote:
yeah (10 char.)
Man this sounds perfect! I wasn't a fan of last years controls at first especially LT for a shot, but this new control scheme sounds so intuitive and amazing with every button configuration that I have seen. It all makes sense! I've gotten my controller out to test each combo and it all just feels right! I can't wait to hit the practice court and mess around with all of this! :-) can we get practice mode in the demo as an alternative?

# 68 JasonWilliams55 @ 08/21/13 01:10 AM
Quote:
These are the things that are headlines in my eyes, we need Momentous to bless us w/ a control trailer...

Can you expand upon the bolded part at all? (How?; Are there any timing windows?)

# 69 JasonWilliams55 @ 08/21/13 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Man this sounds perfect! I wasn't a fan of last years controls at first especially LT for a shot, but this new control scheme sounds so intuitive and amazing with every button configuration that I have seen. It all makes sense! I've gotten my controller out to test each combo and it all just feels right! I can't wait to hit the practice court and mess around with all of this! :-) can we get practice mode in the demo as an alternative?
yes please.

# 70 daveberg @ 08/21/13 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
As Kyoto mentioned, there's another article out there suggesting it may have to do with LeBron's past and his future - perhaps starting as a young James, working up to modern day, then blazing a trail through the next couple of years that'll have him finishing up as the greatest of all-time. I still have hope. Here's the link to the precise thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...stem-more.html
Urgh. This is sounding like one of the weakest features 2k has had in a while. 'Finishing up as the greatest of all time....' Pfft.

Loving the gameplay tweaks i'm hearing about though - pass fakes on the move?!! That just screams Magic Johnson.

# 71 arimamba @ 08/21/13 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Lots of awesome details are emerging. Everything is looking swell. I am worried about the controls; I hope there are still "casual" control options for those who are gaming challenged (such as myself)

The Google translations provide real gems sometimes. Here is my favorite of this article:

Priceless.
i died....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.