Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

It appears that NBA Live 14 won't make it to launch for the PlayStation 4 -- but only by a couple of days. EA confirmed today in a tweet that NBA Live 14 will release on November 19 of this year -- which is four days after the PlayStation 4 launch and three days before the Xbox One launch.

So after my speculation today on what the launch window wording meant last week from EA, it appears that it meant the game wasn't going to be out at launch for one console, but will be out for another.

Over 50 NBA players have their signature animations in the game. We should see an NBA Live 14 5 on 5 gameplay trailer this week, featuring 100% gameplay.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 tsbmolina @ 09/16/13 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator S
Hold your horse there, the trailer is 100% gameplay. This was asked by Steve, on twitter. You can see it/read it on the home page.
A trailer is a highlight video not an up and down court actual 5 on 5 gameplay showing the strategy, spacing, rebounding, ect of the game of basketball. It's only going to be quick clips of jumpers, dunks, swats, and what not. It won't show us anything concerning the AI or the fundamentals of the game and whether there programmed appropriately.

# 82 youvalss @ 09/16/13 08:18 PM
So, it is a trailer. I guess they've learned from the 11/13 gameply videos. I'm not sure it's a good thing.

# 83 23 @ 09/16/13 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
You may definitely be right. But there's also the possibility that it is a trailer with 100% gameplay. I hope I'm wrong. Did they say it wouldn't be a trailer? Is there a link? Did I miss it******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">

He's not right. People yell CGI when they know its CGI

Why do we all start acting all forgetful and like we don't know whats up?

Its a cool screenshot man, but lets not start trying to villify the people who got burned over the years.

# 84 frankwyte81 @ 09/16/13 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator S
Hold your horse there, the trailer is 100% gameplay. This was asked by Steve, on twitter. You can see it/read it on the home page.
It is 100% gameplay, but it's an edited trailer. But it still will be nice to see Live 14 in motion, regardless. If Live succeeds, it's a win for all b-ball gamers alike, even if you're not a fan of the series.

# 85 basketball444 @ 09/16/13 08:24 PM
HOLY **** THAT LOOKS NICE!

Wasn't expecting that... can't wait for some gameplay. I'm actually considering this as an option now.

# 86 youvalss @ 09/16/13 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
He's not right. People yell CGI when they know its CGI

Why do we all start acting all forgetful and like we don't know whats up?

Its a cool screenshot man, but lets not start trying to villify the people who got burned over the years.
I didn't forget, just trying to be more...careful with my posts here. 100% gameplay TRAILER could also sell Live 07 and 08. Probably also Elite and 13.

I'm just disappointed it's not an actual gameplay session between 2 teams for 5 minutes or more. I guess it's either too early (for them) or it's not what one would wish to see.

All speculations. I guess I'll wait for the actual gameplay (unedited 5 vs 5) video to judge it.
******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">

# 87 Aviator S @ 09/16/13 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwyte81
It is 100% gameplay, but it's an edited trailer. But it still will be nice to see Live 14 in motion, regardless. If Live succeeds, it's a win for all b-ball gamers alike, even if you're not a fan of the series.
I agree man, more options to folks this year. It's like a clean slate for EA, new generation, new engine, new things, new excitement, new hope. It's like they say in church "Tomorrow is a new day, yesterday is not today"

That being said you don't have to buy the game, or you can give it a try, but at the end of the day, the decision is up to you. Water under the bridge.

# 88 ffaacc03 @ 09/16/13 08:34 PM
A November 2013 release = back into 2013 possible buys ... looking forward for some gameplay videos and for the trailer too. Picture does looks nice and we are on an accesories/kicks heaven.

# 89 23 @ 09/16/13 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I didn't forget, just trying to be more...careful with my posts here. 100% gameplay TRAILER could also sell Live 07 and 08. Probably also Elite and 13.

I'm just disappointed it's not an actual gameplay session between 2 teams for 5 minutes or more. I guess it's either too early (for them) or it's not what one would wish to see.

All speculations. I guess I'll wait for the actual gameplay (unedited 5 vs 5) video to judge it.
******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">

The true test is when random Germans are playing 5 on 5

There is no way to spruce that up to look good. For one thing I hope they shook that generic crap they used to have and the stiffness as well

# 90 youvalss @ 09/16/13 08:38 PM
^^ True, but at least you can see movement and spacing. First thing I'd like to see is how players move (walk/run). You can create a 1-minute trailer without showing it even once. But any unedited gameplay video of a possession or two would show it.

To me that's the base. Before I even think about the AI or signature stuff.
******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">

# 91 ForeverVersatile @ 09/16/13 08:46 PM
I think it looks pretty good, but I hate that the arms and fingers always seem locked on the player models. That stiff robotic look of old lives will be an auto turnoff for me.

# 92 23 @ 09/16/13 08:46 PM
Movement, rebounding, spacing, not only the PG attacking, defense, and I mean not cheesing and guys running up court full speed doing side to side foot slides, how they pass the ball around the court, other stuff you can't really get from a trailer.

# 93 LingeringRegime @ 09/16/13 08:52 PM
Wow. I am pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to the trailer.

# 94 TreyIM2 @ 09/16/13 08:59 PM
Wow, that looks incredible but I was a lil disappointed that for releasing just one screenshot, we'd get a better shot of all the players in it. Either way, it's still a beautiful shot.

Oh, the release window comments seem funny now. I know I was upset but neglected to comment because I thought maybe it was to be a compromised release date for PS4 and X1. And maybe the game is that good that MS didn't want word getting out and shifting fence riders with itchy trigger fingers and money to burn to run for PS4 for Live a whole week before X1 launches? I can only dream it's that good. Just hope my pockets can handle two possible good (we know 2K14 will be more than just good for next gen) bball games on my PS4. I used to do both back in the day, same with Madden and NFL2K but times a changed.

# 95 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/16/13 09:05 PM
Looking sharp... now for the video.

# 96 23 @ 09/16/13 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
But it will show player movement and models in motion, which is where Live has struggled in the past. They've never really had issues with the AI.
Oh Lord I guess you didn't play past NBA Live's then because that is a humongously false statement.

# 97 strobox88 @ 09/16/13 09:10 PM
Not to be pessimistic but don't Damien Lillard's legs look a little "current-gen"? Looks too "cartoonish" to me. Perhaps it's just the art style.

# 98 Boomdox @ 09/16/13 09:31 PM
Other than the shorts it looks pretty nice.

# 99 o Elevate o @ 09/16/13 09:40 PM
Man, what's so hard about giving an opinion about the screenshot? I mean, seriously, all dudes need to say is how they think it looks, with a little discussion-generating stuff added along.

In reality, the little backdoor shots are unnecessary. Doesn't mean it's necessarily untrue, but dudes saying what does and doesn't matter, and what they NEED and DON'T NEED to show doesn't really do anything but clutter threads and get people off-topic... Prime example being right here.

(And honestly, it's not necessary for dudes to speak for everyone just to get a point or opinion across. Don't say what "we" want or what they need to show "us" because we all value games for different reasons - that's another source of all the bickering, dudes don't realize that and seem to think if you don't like or see what they like or see, you're a lunatic.)...

# 100 DonWuan @ 09/16/13 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Elevate o
Man, what's so hard about giving an opinion about the screenshot? I mean, seriously, all dudes need to say is how they think it looks, with a little discussion-generating stuff added along.

In reality, the little backdoor shots are unnecessary. Doesn't mean it's necessarily untrue, but dudes saying what does and doesn't matter, and what they NEED and DON'T NEED to show doesn't really do anything but clutter threads and get people off-topic... Prime example being right here.

(And honestly, it's not necessary for dudes to speak for everyone just to get a point or opinion across. Don't say what "we" want or what they need to show "us" because we all value games for different reasons - that's another source of all the bickering, dudes don't realize that and seem to think if you don't like or see what they like or see, you're a lunatic.)...
Dont worry this board turns into the 2k boards around release time. No matter what you say your some type of fanboy one way or another.

Seems like some people need to re adjust the aluminum foil hat around here. Conspiracy theory. I think some are scared that Live might actually make a comeback.

Probably get virtually attack if i used the word patience around here.

All in all, we need Live to make some type of comeback. The other game(offline/association) has gotten stale for some(me) and competition will hopefully help.

Screenshot looked good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.