Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has released another NBA 2K14 video. This one showcases the new features in MyTeam. Below are some of the items of interest, check out the video for more details.
  • Tournaments (2K sets the rules, you can play vs. other users or AI)
  • Tier Tournaments (Teams consist Bronze, Silver OR Gold players)
  • Special Tournaments on what's going on in the NBA season
  • Schedule Mode - Replace an NBA team and go through the schedule with your MyTeam (Earn VC, boosters and new Sapphire players)
  • Give your team a name, customize your city, new logo cards
  • Play with Friends and Leader boards

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 knick9 @ 09/20/13 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
That wouldn't work for legends, though. Maybe sapphires are the guys who are doing well right now that you get through playing the modes (for free) while you can still purchase other players or open packs for them with VC.
Yeah, if it's like last year you would be basically getting a player worth around 20,000 VC but then I wonder if you can sell sapphire players back in the market...

# 22 TUSS11 @ 09/20/13 02:55 PM
Solid upgrades. Too bad there's no auction feature.

Bidding for player > buying players

# 23 NINJAK2 @ 09/20/13 03:16 PM
I never bothered to play my team fellas. Do you guys know if the team building is based on being within a certain number of points i n order to construct your team(like HeroClix)? For example each user has 1000 points to construct a team and you have to use players that will add up to that amount and not go over. Say Lebron is worth 250 points and you use him which leaves you with 750 points for the rest of your team. Is it just buy/unlock as many stars as you want and stack them on your team?

# 24 yungsta404 @ 09/20/13 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Solid upgrades. Too bad there's no auction feature.

Bidding for player > buying players
that will never be a feature cause it takes money out of 2k's pockets.

# 25 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/20/13 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I never bothered to play my team fellas. Do you guys know if the team building is based on being within a certain number of points i n order to construct your team(like HeroClix)? For example each user has 1000 points to construct a team and you have to use players that will add up to that amount and not go over. Say Lebron is worth 250 points and you use him which leaves you with 750 points for the rest of your team. Is it just buy/unlock as many stars as you want and stack them on your team?
No its not like that, but Lids brought that idea up at the EXPO to LD2K.

TBH, I like the mode, allows you to create your team with who you see fit (as long as you can afford them [VC]).

I wish there were two modes within MyTeam though 1) Random Players (all players thru Packs, etc) 2) Purchased players (Teams with players that have been selectively purchased)

# 26 NINJAK2 @ 09/20/13 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55

TBH, I like the mode, allows you to create your team with who you see fit (as long as you can afford them [VC]).

I wish there were two modes within MyTeam though 1) Random Players (all players thru Packs, etc) 2) Purchased players (Teams with players that have been selectively purchased)
ok. thanks JW55. I like Heroclix/Lids idea but I will have to check it out for myself.

# 27 Hadlowe @ 09/20/13 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55

I enjoyed the mode, but the team salary led to a lot of pay to win type of gaming (all gold HoF rosters with high VC salaries in 7th tier matchups), which I don't like. The bronze/silver/gold tourney is a step in the right direction for that, I guess.

# 28 Rdub33 @ 09/20/13 03:45 PM
My problem with this mode is that the player salaries were more expensive than the money you get for playing. If you have a team salarie of 650 but only get 300 vc per game, then you are losing money with every game, thus making it non progressive. But the concept is fun and addicting but the vc amounts vs player salaries need to be re worked to encourage constant play.

# 29 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/20/13 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdub33
My problem with this mode is that the player salaries were more expensive than the money you get for playing. If you have a team salarie of 650 but only get 300 vc per game, then you are losing money with every game, thus making it non progressive. But the concept is fun and addicting but the vc amounts vs player salaries need to be re worked to encourage constant play.
agreed, but your gonna see payers ($) any which way... as long as its avail. peeps will take advantage... cause they can. smh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
I enjoyed the mode, but the team salary led to a lot of pay to win type of gaming (all gold HoF rosters with high VC salaries in 7th tier matchups), which I don't like. The bronze/silver/gold tourney is a step in the right direction for that, I guess.
exactly... dont see it being much different, other than the tourneys and play with friends (hopefully you dont have to pay salary on those games)

# 30 bestout51683 @ 09/20/13 04:18 PM
I really did not care for this mode last year and to me it is a rip off if you are paying money for it. To me, a ultimate team system does not work for NBA basketball.

If it was college basketball, that would be a different story. I will not be touching this mode at all anymore.

# 31 LD2k @ 09/20/13 04:33 PM
Here's some more info for you guys. because i <3 you all.
  • you win Sapphire players in game modes, they do not come out of boosters.
  • Sapphire players have an increase in attributes, so if Durant has a range of attributes, his sapphire > than his gold.
  • historic players do return to MyTEAM.

# 32 Lid @ 09/20/13 04:39 PM
if the game play, especially the rate 3's fall has been tweaked, this could be good. i like the tourney idea.

# 33 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 09/20/13 04:44 PM
Any new Legends LD2k???

# 34 Csquared @ 09/20/13 05:07 PM
They could have done a lot better but I like the step they took. Definitely the right direction adding the tournaments and the option to play your friends. Did anyone notice the franchise mode?!? It was an option but they didn't talk about it. I'm hoping for new legends also.

# 35 Dmac1991 @ 09/20/13 05:11 PM
Well 2-3 months down the line, I see the All Gold Tournament being a giant cheese fest like last year was. And then throw in the people who drop hundreds for vc and this is an even lower time frame.

I saw that the difficulty was set on Superstar for the tournaments tho. That should help some (hopefully)

Can't wait to start playing the CP3, Kobe, Durant, LeBron, Dwight lineups lol

# 36 Phreezy P @ 09/20/13 05:59 PM
I hope these trailer songs are in the OST.

# 37 shegotgame @ 09/20/13 06:51 PM
Didn't play it last year, but I may give it a go in 2K14. By the time I thought to play it, I was too far behind the pack.

# 38 juicey79 @ 09/20/13 06:51 PM
Any word on the demo coming this Tuesday?

# 39 Scramz718 @ 09/20/13 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac1991
Well 2-3 months down the line, I see the All Gold Tournament being a giant cheese fest like last year was. And then throw in the people who drop hundreds for vc and this is an even lower time frame.

I saw that the difficulty was set on Superstar for the tournaments tho. That should help some (hopefully)

Can't wait to start playing the CP3, Kobe, Durant, LeBron, Dwight lineups lol
So just don't play All Gold Tournament its that simple. You can play friends or inv ppl to a Head 2 Head, you wont have to face that generic all gold line up.

# 40 yungsta404 @ 09/20/13 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seidowskyy
Did everyone miss when ronnie said you cant buy vc this year lol
You have any proof? I would be shocked if they did. This would make myteam more playable for me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.