Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

We have just posted NBA 2K14 player ratings for all of the classic and Euroleague teams.

All other NBA 2K14 player ratings have been posted here.

The following teams will NOT return this year.
  • Dream Team
  • Team USA
  • Celeb Team
  • 2001-2002 Sacramento Kings

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ybtherockstar @ 09/25/13 01:39 PM
No 02 kings?? wow

# 62 Wildcats302 @ 09/25/13 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome
"Dr. J" Julius Erving is still missing from the 70's and 80's 76ers.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar is still missing from the 70's Bucks and the 80's Lakers.

And they completely took out Chris Webber's Kings and the 1992 Dream Team.

I'm an old school fan.. looks like I'll be skipping this year's game.
If that is all you care about it seems 2k12 would be the most logical game for you forever as I believe al of those guys were on that edition. I know the first two were at least.

# 63 J_Posse @ 09/25/13 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome
"Dr. J" Julius Erving is still missing from the 70's and 80's 76ers.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar is still missing from the 70's Bucks and the 80's Lakers.

And they completely took out Chris Webber's Kings and the 1992 Dream Team.

I'm an old school fan.. looks like I'll be skipping this year's game.
Buddy, those guys don't want to be in the game otherwise they would have agreed to be in 2K13-2K14. The Kings were removed completely since Webber, the best player on the team and only all-star, was missing for a second year in a row.

The Dream Team and team USA were a one-year special item and people need to realize that. Maybe they'll bring it back in the future during the next Olympic games or even better a spin-off game (or DLC).

Quote:
Not a single new retro team... Been waiting for the Pacers for a while now, c'mon 2k stay with it.
Reggie Miller doesn't want to agree to a likeness deal, like Barkley before him, so why include any version of the Indiana Pacers from his career? People need to realize that historical teams have been a luxury, mostly due to Jordan and the retired players association, not a necessity like many believe or feel.

# 64 VDusen04 @ 09/25/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Buddy, those guys don't want to be in the game otherwise they would have agreed to be in 2K13-2K14. The Kings were removed completely since Webber, the best player on the team and only all-star, was missing for a second year in a row.

The Dream Team and team USA were a one-year special item and people need to realize that. Maybe they'll bring it back in the future during the next Olympic games or even better a spin-off game (or DLC).

Reggie Miller doesn't want to agree to a likeness deal, like Barkley before him, so why include any version of the Indiana Pacers from his career? People need to realize that historical teams have been a luxury, mostly due to Jordan and the retired players association, not a necessity like many believe or feel.
True, at times it seems some folks may be latently suggesting that 2K is somehow just forgetting to add players like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to the '87 Lakers, as if it were an oversight of some kind. It seems to be pretty reliably well documented that all the NBA legends you mentioned have opted not to allow their likenesses to be used by 2K these days. My guess is some relented for 2K12 because the game's primary cover feature almost entirely revolved around them.

Classic teams are indeed a luxury, but I certainly hope that luxury remains and is perhaps further expanded upon in the future (classic '00's teams largely made up of active players seems like a realistic start). I feel the history of the game shall always deserve recognition in the virtual arena. If nothing else, I'd like to see the gap close between historic teams that are provided and the ability for users to fill in the blanks and complete their own (via better create-a-player, create-a-team, logo selections, court editing, and a full range of retro jerseys).

# 65 MarvinOida @ 09/25/13 06:37 PM
so were the Dream Team, Team USA, and Celeb teams were replaced by Euroleague, or something else? cause that is how the VC, 2K Sports, and that other 2K-related team were replaced, but how/what replaced them.

# 66 PepsiRacer4 @ 09/25/13 09:05 PM
Still gotta have all those Jordan teams though! /sarcasm

# 67 NINJAK2 @ 09/25/13 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
Do people realize it's not 2k's fault if legends aren't included , that the players have to agree to it ? Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Logic has no place here Red. Please refrain from using it..

# 68 scbond3 @ 09/25/13 10:30 PM
At least Scottie still there. I thought he would be gone since Jay-Z had to beg him to be in last year's version with the Dream Team. I only really play with the teams during the Magic/Bird/Jordan era. Don't mind the Kings not being there if Webber is not there. They should use the same rule for the Dr. J Sixers but they are still in for some reason. I would understand if it was the 82-83 Sixers that won the championship with Moses but its the 84-85 Sixers. No problem with Run TMC or the Hornets, still popular teams to this day but I don't know why the Nuggets are still in, great story when they beat the Sonics, but they weren't that popular imo. The Laker teams still have Magic, so no Kareem doesn't automatically knock them out.

IMO, the Bucks, Dr. J Sixers, & the Nuggets should have been replaced. One team should have been the twin tower Houston Rocket team with Ralph Sampson & young Akeem that beat the lakers one year to get to the finals. Replace that rookie Kobe/Shaq Laker team with the 2001 team that went 15-1. Already got AI's Sixer team to go with them.

Not sure whats the fascination with those Vince Carter/Tracy McGrady early 2000's teams that did not accomplish anything of note especially McGrady who never got out of the first round. Those teams were not classic nor legendary nor really good at all. Maybe the 01 Raptor team that took AI to 7 games in the Semi-Finals but thats it. But i guess the same could be said for the 92-93 Hornets/Run TMC Warrior teams also...

# 69 The 24th Letter @ 09/26/13 12:31 AM
I could totally see KAJ being an *** hat and refusing to let his likeness be used...but I wonder why other players decline, is it all $ motivated?

# 70 daveberg @ 09/26/13 04:05 AM
Nothing but greed.

Barkley, Webber, Miller all rolling in coin, doing their little shows for the NBA, yet can't bring themselves to let their likeness be used in a god damn game.

Pretty poor really.

I'm surprised really that Steve Kerr doesn't lean over to them during Open Court and say, 'What the hell is up with you guys? Put your ego to one side and get in the game to please your fans'.

Christ, if MJ finally allowed his likeness to be used, I'm sure Chuck, C-Webb and Miller could suck it up and do the same.

# 71 Da_Czar @ 09/26/13 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Nothing but greed.

Barkley, Webber, Miller all rolling in coin, doing their little shows for the NBA, yet can't bring themselves to let their likeness be used in a god damn game.

Pretty poor really.

I'm surprised really that Steve Kerr doesn't lean over to them during Open Court and say, 'What the hell is up with you guys? Put your ego to one side and get in the game to please your fans'.

Christ, if MJ finally allowed his likeness to be used, I'm sure Chuck, C-Webb and Miller could suck it up and do the same.
The other side is maybe they would sign if the all got MJ type money ! WIth that said maybe there is hope EA has the dollars to throw at these dudes.

# 72 The 24th Letter @ 09/26/13 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
The other side is maybe they would sign if the all got MJ type money ! WIth that said maybe there is hope EA has the dollars to throw at these dudes.
I was kind've thinking that myself...can legends lend their likeness to two game at once? I would imagine MJ is locked up by 2k, but maybe everyone else is fair game...

EA def has the green to throw at these guys...a little bit more influence too I would imagine...that aspect should be interesting..

If our modders weren't handcuffed last year, this wouldn't even be an issue, smh

# 73 Vni @ 09/26/13 12:21 PM
Just wondering, coudn't have they put up teams like the 08 celtics or 10's Lakers for basically nothing? (Just use theses teams as exemple because most of the players are in the game). I would have definately loved it.

# 74 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/26/13 02:06 PM
are we gonna be able to use these eurolg players in the myteam mode?

# 75 VDusen04 @ 09/26/13 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbond3
At least Scottie still there. I thought he would be gone since Jay-Z had to beg him to be in last year's version with the Dream Team. I only really play with the teams during the Magic/Bird/Jordan era. Don't mind the Kings not being there if Webber is not there. They should use the same rule for the Dr. J Sixers but they are still in for some reason. I would understand if it was the 82-83 Sixers that won the championship with Moses but its the 84-85 Sixers. No problem with Run TMC or the Hornets, still popular teams to this day but I don't know why the Nuggets are still in, great story when they beat the Sonics, but they weren't that popular imo. The Laker teams still have Magic, so no Kareem doesn't automatically knock them out.

IMO, the Bucks, Dr. J Sixers, & the Nuggets should have been replaced. One team should have been the twin tower Houston Rocket team with Ralph Sampson & young Akeem that beat the lakers one year to get to the finals. Replace that rookie Kobe/Shaq Laker team with the 2001 team that went 15-1. Already got AI's Sixer team to go with them.

Not sure whats the fascination with those Vince Carter/Tracy McGrady early 2000's teams that did not accomplish anything of note especially McGrady who never got out of the first round. Those teams were not classic nor legendary nor really good at all. Maybe the 01 Raptor team that took AI to 7 games in the Semi-Finals but thats it. But i guess the same could be said for the 92-93 Hornets/Run TMC Warrior teams also...
I agree it's nice that Scottie Pippen is returning. For the same reason you mentioned, I sort of figured he'd be out.

Regarding dropping teams, I believe I'd only be in favor of such moves if I knew for certain they'd be replaced by other classic teams. If they're just being dropped for nothing, I'd much rather keep them included in the game. For instance, in the case of the 2002 Kings, Chris Webber was very creatable via 2KShare. Some players look terrible when created from scratch but I thought some of those C-Webb's looked legit. As such, with all the other Kings pieces accounted for, that squad was up and running with a full unit almost immediately after 2K13 was released.

As for the fascination with that Raptors team, I think you hit the nail on the head with your TMC and Charlotte comparison. Often, gamers like using great teams from years prior (1996 Bulls, 1986 Celtics). Other times, they like using exciting teams. I think the Raptors love comes from the idea of using athletic prime versions of Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter. I'd personally be a little giddy at the idea of having an authentic prime Vince Carter dunk package at my disposal. Another non-great team I've endorsed in the past is the 2007 Warriors. I just think it'd be a fun experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I could totally see KAJ being an *** hat and refusing to let his likeness be used...but I wonder why other players decline, is it all $ motivated?
I do not know a ton about individual player's refusal to sign, but I know at least some of the cases are not money related, or at least not in the manner of, "I want more than this, or else I'm not doing it."

In the case of Charles Barkley, in a radio interview last year he mentioned displeasure (and I could easily have the exact details wrong) with the NBA's stance on retiree compensation. He didn't have an issue regarding himself, because he declared himself incredibly wealthy (I think he said 2K's offer, in the thousands, was like nothing to him). Instead, I think he mentioned an objection to how his former teammates, mentors, and others have been taken care of since retiring.

So in Barkley's case, I think he felt he was taking a principled stance. There could be loopholes to his feelings and logic, but that seemed to be why he hesitated to be included in NBA video games at any point. Surprisingly to me, he actually confirmed that the only reason he ultimately let his likeness be used for the USA team (though still not any NBA squads) was because Jay-Z called him personally. And, in Barkley's words, if I recall them correctly, "You don't say no to Jay-Z."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Just wondering, coudn't have they put up teams like the 08 celtics or 10's Lakers for basically nothing? (Just use theses teams as exemple because most of the players are in the game). I would have definately loved it.
I think that'd be a great addition as well. I mentioned the '07 Warriors above, but there's actually a ton of different routes 2K could go that wouldn't require breaking the bank by signing retirees (though I honestly don't know how much it costs per retired player, it actually seems like it might be relatively affordable for role playing, Will Perdue types).

That's also kind of why I always thought the '00 Raptors would be a fun inclusion. Around eight of their players were already accounted for in 2K, as well as the home and road jerseys. All that'd be needed was authentic court art and preferably, some VC and T-Mac signature dunk/layup packages. Relative to creating a historic team from scratch, the '00 Raptors would seem like a great deal in theory.

# 76 jd@os @ 09/26/13 04:27 PM

No.

# 77 NINJAK2 @ 09/26/13 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os

No.

LOL. I noticed that too. If you look at Ewing's Knicks in that same video you can see they had a picture of Roger Mason when the player was supposed to be Anthony Mason.

# 78 jd@os @ 09/26/13 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
LOL. I noticed that too. If you look at Ewing's Kincks in that same video you can see they had a picture of Roger Mason when the player was supposed to be Anthony Mason.
Well I certainly hope they get that fixed because I play exclusively with classic teams.

# 79 cliff1cj @ 09/26/13 06:20 PM
This is looking like a recycled version of 2k13 exactly the same with different visuals no new legends and the same ratings, really 2k im not buying this game for sure and i was ranked in the top 150 on 2k13 smh. Madden and EA are destroying 2k as of right now.

# 80 NINJAK2 @ 09/26/13 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Well I certainly hope they get that fixed because I play exclusively with classic teams.

No doubt jd. Those are some pretty basic errors...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.