Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Madden NFL 25 Title Update #2 is available now for PS3 and 360 users. Below is a more detailed list of fixes, provided by EASPORTS_AJ, which were not included in the blog posted yesterday.

General
  • Improved stability in all game modes.
  • Fixed various menu and UI bugs.
  • Fixed an issue with Gameface, which made the eyes render gray.
Gameplay
  • Tuned in-game injuries, which were occurring too frequently in some cases.
  • Improved an issue where the game ran slow in some cases on PS3.
  • Tuned an issue where players with a high Catch In Traffic rating were still dropping too many passes when they were hit after a catch.
  • Tuned pull blocking on the offensive line.
  • Tuned down broken tackles while using the truck stick.
  • Fixed an issue with toss/sweep plays when the game speed is set to Slow.
  • Tuned a defensive blitz when using 4-3 Stack: Thunder Smoke.
Ultimate Team
  • Fixed an issue where offline users who earned a Gold in a Skill Tutorial would not receive the content within MUT.
  • Fixed an issue where the user would be credited with a LOSS in the History Panel instead of a WIN when the user’s opponent quits the game.
  • Fixed an issue with Solo Challenges awarding players a win without finishing the game.
Connected Franchise
  • Fixed an issue where users would get kicked from the servers while advancing their franchise.
  • Fixed an issue where some players from an Imported Draft Class would not have facemasks.
  • Tuned ratings for Imported Draft Classes. (They were coming in too low compared to their NCAA 14 ratings.)
  • Fixed an issue with importing custom rosters where real NFL players have changed positions.
  • Fixed an issue with accelerated clock in CFM H2H games.
  • Fixed an issue where if a user created a new character in a CFM where they are the only member, other users couldn’t find/join the CFM.
  • Fixed an issue where the News Center would display the wrong player in the Draft Stories photo.
  • Fixed an exploit where users could make trades outside of week 8, when doing so from the web.
  • Improved depth chart philosophy so every player at a position is graded on the same player type.
  • Fixed an issue where the same draft storylines would appear in consecutive seasons.
  • Fixed an issue where the Vikings stadium overlay would show unrealistically low temperatures and heavy snow during the preseason.
  • Fixed an issue in Owner Mode when making scheme changes would reset after advancing the week.
  • Fixed an issue where toggles for Heat Seeker, Switch Assist and Ball Hawk would be OFF in game even though they were set to ON in the League Settings.
  • Fixed an issue with re-signing players.
  • Fixed an issue where the Goals tile would be locked in the Playoffs even when the team was still playing and achieving goals.
  • Fixed various incorrect records, names and dates in the NFL Records screen.
  • Fixed an issue where a user’s playbook would be changed when they started a CFM with a custom roster.
  • Fixed an issue where Owners were not notified when they made the Hall of Fame after retiring.
  • Fixed an issue preventing users from entering some passwords in Private CFMs.
  • Fixed an issue where CPU controlled teams were allowed to release injured players.
Madden Share
  • Fixed an issue where filters were not updating.
Presentation
  • Reinstated touchdown celebrations in all online game modes.
  • Improved the logic used to select the GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Game.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 XxPotterXx @ 12/10/13 06:56 AM
I just had to download another update(Xbox). Is there any info out about title update #3?

# 262 Mauler97 @ 12/10/13 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxPotterXx
I just had to download another update(Xbox). Is there any info out about title update #3?
Me too!

What did they fix?

# 263 XxPotterXx @ 12/10/13 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Me too!

What did they fix?
Honestly I have no clue. But I noticed a couple times in the middle of running a play my game acted like it was going to freeze then a few seconds later it would go back go normal

# 264 Lil Worm @ 12/10/13 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxPotterXx
Honestly I have no clue. But I noticed a couple times in the middle of running a play my game acted like it was going to freeze then a few seconds later it would go back go normal
I just got the same prompt. Will let you know if I see anything different.

# 265 gnastygnorc @ 12/20/13 10:24 PM
I just bought Madden 25 (PS3) and I'm wondering if I should download any patches. I do not care about updated rosters, and I never play online - I just love offline franchise mode. I read that one of the updates made playing defense impossible. Is this true? Should I just not get any patches and play the game as is? I'm somewhat of a defensive minded guy and don't want to be playing 45-42 games all the time.

I heard there's a disappearing players glitch pre-patch but as long as it doesn't happen literally every play I don't mind going to instant replay to fix it... what do you guys recommend? Also, I heard about the injury frequency being high but you can just lower injuries via slider to fix that right?

# 266 Armor and Sword @ 12/20/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnastygnorc
I just bought Madden 25 (PS3) and I'm wondering if I should download any patches. I do not care about updated rosters, and I never play online - I just love offline franchise mode. I read that one of the updates made playing defense impossible. Is this true? Should I just not get any patches and play the game as is? I'm somewhat of a defensive minded guy and don't want to be playing 45-42 games all the time.

I heard there's a disappearing players glitch pre-patch but as long as it doesn't happen literally every play I don't mind going to instant replay to fix it... what do you guys recommend? Also, I heard about the injury frequency being high but you can just lower injuries via slider to fix that right?

I have DL every patch.

The game rocks. Don't worry about it....don't read too much into anything. Just find a great set of sliders.....and play. You'll be fine.

# 267 Swamp Swagger @ 12/22/13 11:07 AM
How is this game for X1 was thinking of maybe buying it

# 268 Cardot @ 12/30/13 01:30 AM
I am a bit late to the party, but just got the CG version for Christmas. This was an upgrade from '12 for me as I skipped last year.

Definitely enjoying some gameplay enhancements so far. Most specifically the play of DB's. I have seen some cool pass breakups. Most importantly, it seems I pay for my mistakes, and reap the rewards for good decisions...'12 was a bit more "random" with the psychic DB's. So I am loving this aspect so far.

Not sure what happened to the helmets though? They looked so good in '12. Definitely a downgrade. Some logos are too small and/or improperly positioned....just really butchered. For kicks, I threw in '10 last night, and even those look much better than '14 CG.....A version from 4 years ago looks much better?...how the heck does that happen?

Also not a fan of the connected careers. Simple stuff like not being able to change the CPU's uniform is annoying. Likewise, this time of year I like to sim a regular season, and then play out the 11 post season games picking a random each game. It can be done in '14, but it is a hassle to get there. It really shouldn't be this tedious.

I have also noticed some odd things with the way the files are handled. Certain settings/sliders resetting on their own. I also saved a franchise with a name which appeared in the saved files, but I couldn't load it. Weird stuff which shouldn't be happening on the 9 edition of this game for the 360. And what is up with the slow menus? Again, EA has been developing the game on this generation of consoles for nearly a decade......no excuse for laggy menus.

As an offline player, I can't say I am crazy about the Ultimate Team and Online modes being shoved in my face in every menu. But I can't really blame EA on this one as it seems most games have gone in this direction.

At the end of the day, I think I will get some enjoyable games with the improved gameplay. But a lot of these "intangibles" will likely begin to hurt the experience sooner rather than later.

# 269 superjames1992 @ 12/30/13 02:32 AM
For someone who has played both, how do you compare this game with NCAA 14? Do you feel like it's any better? Or worse?

Thanks.

# 270 Cardot @ 12/30/13 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
For someone who has played both, how do you compare this game with NCAA 14? Do you feel like it's any better? Or worse?

Thanks.
In my experience, I have found gameplay in NCAA and and Madden (CG) to be similiar. In both cases, I have found the gameplay to be better than their '12 versions. There seem to be fewer pure money plays, as well as fewer plays that have no chance for success. In both games I also feel my success or failure has much more to do with how I play.....both games in '12 felt more random and influenced too much by the whims of the CPU. So these are both big pluses for me.

Both games also have taken some frustrating steps back with some non-gameplay things that I care about. (I still hate with the passion the new NCAA entrances.)

Note that I am just an offline gamer....and a very average one at that. So take my views with a grain of salt. But I can't really say that M25 is significantly better or worse that NCAA...they are about the same for me. But I am sure there are some posters here who have played much more than me who may disagree?

# 271 jeremym480 @ 12/30/13 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992

Thanks.
Very similar, but I would say Madden's better simply because you see injuries and fumbles. Things that don't seem to exist in NCAA 14.

# 272 gr18 @ 12/30/13 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
In my experience, I have found gameplay in NCAA and and Madden (CG) to be similiar. In both cases, I have found the gameplay to be better than their '12 versions. There seem to be fewer pure money plays, as well as fewer plays that have no chance for success. In both games I also feel my success or failure has much more to do with how I play.....both games in '12 felt more random and influenced too much by the whims of the CPU. So these are both big pluses for me.

Both games also have taken some frustrating steps back with some non-gameplay things that I care about. (I still hate with the passion the new NCAA entrances.)

Note that I am just an offline gamer....and a very average one at that. So take my views with a grain of salt. But I can't really say that M25 is significantly better or worse that NCAA...they are about the same for me. But I am sure there are some posters here who have played much more than me who may disagree?
From your posts,I probably feel almost the same as you in that I still play '12 and am tempted to get both M25 and NCAA14 because on XBL they're $30 and $15 respectively through tomorrow.I enjoy '12 with the sliders I use and have all the control I want.I'm not a person that needs everything to be an exact replica of each NFL team in real life.

Some things about CFM would annoy me though.32 team control would be a must but players disappearing or most qb's with more than 10 years in retiring within a year or two.The graphics have actually gotten worse over the past couple years it seems as well.I guess it would at least be an upgrade to play one season and hope they clean a few things up for next year.

# 273 nashcoug @ 01/03/14 08:39 PM
On PS4, when I go to Salaries it says I have $12.4M of cap space, $4.06M Current year caps penalties. When I try to re-sign one of my guys it says I have -$850k of caps space. I just had -$850k of cap space so I traded some guys and released a guy to get down up to $12.4M but it won't register that number when I am trying to re-sign guys. This has happened multiple times now.

# 274 Nik4313 @ 01/22/14 06:34 AM
where can i download this patch?

# 275 wiifighter @ 02/05/14 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I don't know about online, but an offline franchise, you can put someone on IR, but it DOES NOT free up a roster spot. Making IR rather useless.
I just tried this.

# 276 theman021 @ 02/22/14 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashcoug
On PS4, when I go to Salaries it says I have $12.4M of cap space, $4.06M Current year caps penalties. When I try to re-sign one of my guys it says I have -$850k of caps space. I just had -$850k of cap space so I traded some guys and released a guy to get down up to $12.4M but it won't register that number when I am trying to re-sign guys. This has happened multiple times now.

The 850k is all you have to work with which could decrease depending on who you release and their cap penalty.

# 277 syhytying @ 03/28/14 08:02 AM
Not sure if this was a coincidence:

# 278 sfgjsdgjying @ 03/30/14 07:17 AM
Has anybody started a new franchise to see if IR was fixed?

# 279 sfgjsdgjying @ 03/30/14 07:23 AM
Has anybody started a new franchise to see if IR was fixed?

# 280 Joe92 @ 03/31/14 12:23 PM
Felt smoother but there's def still glitches still

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.