Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Madden NFL 25 Title Update #2 is available now for PS3 and 360 users. Below is a more detailed list of fixes, provided by EASPORTS_AJ, which were not included in the blog posted yesterday.

General
  • Improved stability in all game modes.
  • Fixed various menu and UI bugs.
  • Fixed an issue with Gameface, which made the eyes render gray.
Gameplay
  • Tuned in-game injuries, which were occurring too frequently in some cases.
  • Improved an issue where the game ran slow in some cases on PS3.
  • Tuned an issue where players with a high Catch In Traffic rating were still dropping too many passes when they were hit after a catch.
  • Tuned pull blocking on the offensive line.
  • Tuned down broken tackles while using the truck stick.
  • Fixed an issue with toss/sweep plays when the game speed is set to Slow.
  • Tuned a defensive blitz when using 4-3 Stack: Thunder Smoke.
Ultimate Team
  • Fixed an issue where offline users who earned a Gold in a Skill Tutorial would not receive the content within MUT.
  • Fixed an issue where the user would be credited with a LOSS in the History Panel instead of a WIN when the user’s opponent quits the game.
  • Fixed an issue with Solo Challenges awarding players a win without finishing the game.
Connected Franchise
  • Fixed an issue where users would get kicked from the servers while advancing their franchise.
  • Fixed an issue where some players from an Imported Draft Class would not have facemasks.
  • Tuned ratings for Imported Draft Classes. (They were coming in too low compared to their NCAA 14 ratings.)
  • Fixed an issue with importing custom rosters where real NFL players have changed positions.
  • Fixed an issue with accelerated clock in CFM H2H games.
  • Fixed an issue where if a user created a new character in a CFM where they are the only member, other users couldn’t find/join the CFM.
  • Fixed an issue where the News Center would display the wrong player in the Draft Stories photo.
  • Fixed an exploit where users could make trades outside of week 8, when doing so from the web.
  • Improved depth chart philosophy so every player at a position is graded on the same player type.
  • Fixed an issue where the same draft storylines would appear in consecutive seasons.
  • Fixed an issue where the Vikings stadium overlay would show unrealistically low temperatures and heavy snow during the preseason.
  • Fixed an issue in Owner Mode when making scheme changes would reset after advancing the week.
  • Fixed an issue where toggles for Heat Seeker, Switch Assist and Ball Hawk would be OFF in game even though they were set to ON in the League Settings.
  • Fixed an issue with re-signing players.
  • Fixed an issue where the Goals tile would be locked in the Playoffs even when the team was still playing and achieving goals.
  • Fixed various incorrect records, names and dates in the NFL Records screen.
  • Fixed an issue where a user’s playbook would be changed when they started a CFM with a custom roster.
  • Fixed an issue where Owners were not notified when they made the Hall of Fame after retiring.
  • Fixed an issue preventing users from entering some passwords in Private CFMs.
  • Fixed an issue where CPU controlled teams were allowed to release injured players.
Madden Share
  • Fixed an issue where filters were not updating.
Presentation
  • Reinstated touchdown celebrations in all online game modes.
  • Improved the logic used to select the GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Game.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 tmac747 @ 10/25/13 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
How do you get schemes to save? I am playing a classic roster CFM with 32 team control in owner mode.
edit: on PS3

# 122 buckeyedawgtribe @ 10/25/13 10:31 AM
Next patch will include:

fixing the wind
adding headsets to coaches.
a few other misc things.

they want you to upgrade and buy their new game and sony and micro want you to get a new system. I would not expect much more but would have to say i am enjoying this Madden 25 even for the slight flaws it has. Not gonna complain

and this will be the last patch they offer. I cant imagine them doing much more to a last gen once new gen is out. but they need to toe the line of treating customers well that have yet to upgrade or risk losing their business

# 123 Sturzinator @ 10/25/13 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedawgtribe
Next patch will include:

fixing the wind
adding headsets to coaches.
a few other misc things.

they want you to upgrade and buy their new game and sony and micro want you to get a new system. I would not expect much more but would have to say i am enjoying this Madden 25 even for the slight flaws it has. Not gonna complain

and this will be the last patch they offer. I cant imagine them doing much more to a last gen once new gen is out. but they need to toe the line of treating customers well that have yet to upgrade or risk losing their business
Next patch SHOULD include:
Working auto subs
Formation subs that stick
Better sim stats
Toned down user run game or more defensive slider options
CPU punts that aren't always touch backs and CPU needs to miss some FGs

I personally would also like to see the player card career history include their former teams along with the stats.

They need to invest more time in making the CFM more enjoyable and immersive. This is their flagship game mode and it needs to shine if they expect sales to pick up again. The above fixes would greatly help to that end and they are all things that used to work at one time or another. CFM, in its current state, is a hot mess and has been since its inception.

If they leave these items twisting in the wind their future business prospects will surely suffer.

# 124 jimmyrj @ 10/25/13 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
Ive got 20 guys on my roster all with captain patches on their jerseys. Everyone I draft automatically gets a captain patch. The Patriots don't even wear the captain patches. in the next 3 to 5 season everyone on my team will have a captain patch. This is also typical for the rest of the teams in the league. Did this bug get fixed?
this is a thing that really bothers me. when playing my first ccm (pre 2nd patch) the same thing happened to me (playing with cowboys and they wear the patches, but no captain in the first season) every rookie i drafted was assigned as a captain (i've played 3 seasons so far and yhis happened after every draft i made), can't tell if they fix this, but i guessing not, at least they don't mention this issue in the patch notes. one thing is sure, u still can't assign players to this role.
changing the subject, heat seeker still not working in ccm, i keep the square button pressed but my player keeps diving for the tackle, even if the ball carrier is still far away from him

# 125 Armor and Sword @ 10/25/13 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyrj
this is a thing that really bothers me. when playing my first ccm (pre 2nd patch) the same thing happened to me (playing with cowboys and they wear the patches, but no captain in the first season) every rookie i drafted was assigned as a captain (i've played 3 seasons so far and yhis happened after every draft i made), can't tell if they fix this, but i guessing not, at least they don't mention this issue in the patch notes. one thing is sure, u still can't assign players to this role.
changing the subject, heat seeker still not working in ccm, i keep the square button pressed but my player keeps diving for the tackle, even if the ball carrier is still far away from him

Nope....that is not the way to heat seek.

Use your right stick towards the ball carrier. And if your squared up and have a good angle you will jack him up.

# 126 buckeyedawgtribe @ 10/25/13 11:43 AM
anyone having success with ball hawk and would you care to divulge to secret to success?

# 127 PaulChildres @ 10/25/13 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Just looking to confirm...if i am playing an online franchise do i need to restart for the patch to work??

Thanks!
according to EA yes... I restarted mine last night and noticed a huge difference in gameplay.

# 128 jimmyrj @ 10/25/13 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Nope....that is not the way to heat seek.

Use your right stick towards the ball carrier. And if your squared up and have a good angle you will jack him up.
right stick or left? anyway, i use the left stick to move my player towards the ball carrier and keep the button pressed, and after a while the player still dives for the tackle even if the ball carrier is away. i'll try again, maybe is just a problem of training. armor, one last question, heat seeker is working in your career mode? and thanks

# 129 Ueauvan @ 10/25/13 12:23 PM
also need to fix freeze when entering depth chart in a game, really really annoying

# 130 ruttentud @ 10/25/13 12:24 PM
Quote:
right stick or left? anyway, i use the left stick to move my player towards the ball carrier and keep the button pressed, and after a while the player still dives for the tackle even if the ball carrier is away. i'll try again, maybe is just a problem of training. armor, one last question, heat seeker is working in your career mode? and thanks
you use the right stick. instead of flicking it, just hold it toward the ball carrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedawgtribe
anyone having success with ball hawk and would you care to divulge to secret to success?
What secret? You mean to get it to work? After the ball is thrown, switch to the defender and hold Y/Triangle. The skills trainer says to do with when the ball is at its highest point.

# 131 BoomerSooner11 @ 10/25/13 12:34 PM
Quote:
- Fixed an issue where the same draft storylines would appear in consecutive seasons.

# 132 niftyjets @ 10/25/13 12:34 PM
It's crazy to me that if your playing an online franchise you have to restart for the patch to work.

# 133 NYBorn81 @ 10/25/13 12:58 PM
Yea, I'm going back to playing patch free. This **** freezes EVERYTIME. I don't understand how EA can release a game like this, which is ultimately unplayable on some PS3's apparently.

# 134 bcruise @ 10/25/13 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
according to EA yes... I restarted mine last night and noticed a huge difference in gameplay.
Link to where EA said this, please? And I don't mean for past Maddens as mentioned upthread, I mean this one.

# 135 Sturzinator @ 10/25/13 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
Lol

Best movie ever!

# 136 Armor and Sword @ 10/25/13 02:19 PM
Quote:
Yeah use your left stick to move your player and at the same time use the right stick to go for a heat seeking/hit stick tackle. And it does work in my CFM pre patch.

On my way home from Vegas and will DL the patch late tonight.

# 137 bdeezy89 @ 10/25/13 02:41 PM
I'm pissed, I was one min away from winning a game then I go to the highlights menu and bam! The game freezes on me. Good ****ing Job EA

# 138 Sturzinator @ 10/25/13 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeezy89
I'm pissed, I was one min away from winning a game then I go to the highlights menu and bam! The game freezes on me. Good ****ing Job EA
We're you getting the freezing issues before, or only since DL patch #2?

# 139 Phobia @ 10/25/13 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeezy89
Been a issue since last years Madden. For sure not just something new since the patch.

# 140 Howie75 @ 10/25/13 05:16 PM
Not to muddy the waters, but it seems as though you only have to restart to avoid the draft class issue?

I tried my existing franchise, and now IR works. So the patch must work to some extent in existing franchises. Now the million dollar question, is it worth starting over? Are there other benefits than the draft class?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.