Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB checks in with his third Madden NFL 25 next-gen video. This one focuses on the IGNITE technology and next-gen visuals.

Thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 coke hogan @ 11/03/13 08:26 AM
after 9 yrs you would think people would get the message about Tiburon and ea.

I guess some people don't realize they're being screwed yet again.
I mean ea's been doin these guys without lube for awhile now. I guess they got use to the pain and just are taking it now. really sad in my book.
hopefully these people see the light.

# 142 Jet Sufferer @ 11/03/13 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm done trying to defend the game when I've already explained exactly why I'm so optimistic for the future. You guys will be the ones eating humble pie this time next year. I have 99.9999% confidence in the future of this game based on what I've heard from those who have direct conversation with the devs and have seen what's coming in the future. Just watch what happens, it will speak for me.

Bookmark this post
You're missing the point entirely, this isn't a contest. We're consumers not cheerleaders.

We WANT to eat humble pie. I want to stick my face in that humble pie and slather it all over my head like a toddler.

The problem though is that it would be bittersweet, for a whole console generation they couldn't even come within striking distance of a game released in the PS2 generation, that is a stunning failure.

What's your rallying cry going to be? "You see, I told you so, here we are in the year 2017 and this game is better than that other game from 2004, why were you guys so impatient?? I was right all along!"

# 143 rootofalleli @ 11/03/13 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Pelican Brief
You can thank all of the whiners who complain about little things like uniforms not having a stripe and the color cleats a player uses. Too many people nitpicking on little things so that's what they fix first. If everyone would stay on the same page with what needed to be fixed, maybe we would get a different result.
One, those little things don't get fixed. Two, they're gonna work on art/uniforms no matter what. EA isn't pulling guys off the team that does animations to straighten out issues with jerseys & cleats instead.

# 144 carvis#15 @ 11/03/13 09:12 AM
Quote:
Comments like this are beyond me. You have no idea where this game is headed and to a degree neither do I, but you can't sit here and say its a joke and always will be. The negativity of the Madden threads lately is sickening.
I understand where JP is coming from because not too long ago (about 3 weeks ago) I was upset with what I was seeing to. However, you guys can't lie, that true step for the ball carrier is pretty sick. That is only one example of the realism they are striving for (I'll elaborate more on why I believe they are striving for it in a bit). Plus I have more of an understanding on why they couldn't just fix this past train wreck of a game in an instant.

Now about EA's intentions for the future. I listened to two interviews that really had me thinking. The interview on Gamme Changers Radio with Rex and the show after that from Last Tuesday. Sim even said that EA has some things in store for next year and the year after that will basically knock everyone's socks off. I don't ever recall that guy as one who blows smoke so I'm gonna listen to someone with those credentials (a guy who actually talks to the devs and has heard personally what is in store for the future).

# 145 Jet Sufferer @ 11/03/13 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I'm sure he meant to say 11 on 11.

# 146 m1ke_nyc @ 11/03/13 09:17 AM
Quote:
I'm done trying to defend the game when I've already explained exactly why I'm so optimistic for the future. You guys will be the ones eating humble pie this time next year. I have 99.9999% confidence in the future of this game based on what I've heard from those who have direct conversation with the devs and have seen what's coming in the future. Just watch what happens, it will speak for me.

Bookmark this post
Your the one eating humble pie right now as you told us Madden 25 next gen was gonna be awesome, and that it would be way better than current gen. If Madden 15 bombs don't even bother talking Madden anymore.

# 147 radatdude2 @ 11/03/13 09:19 AM
Quote:
Rex is a former college defensive lineman, Cam Weber was a QB and Clint Oldenburg is a former NFL offensive lineman. I think these guys know what football is about. They're trying to make a game based off of real football. What they're doing or trying to do has never been done before to the level they're wanting. We've never had former football guys be the leadership team for a football video game like this. These guys know football they don't have to know about Superstar or my player, they know the X's and O's of the game of football.
So correct me if I'm wrong so having played the sports means they can code, program, and create and authentic game ? Great games have not all been created by former people who have participated in that genre if so how do we explain the greatness of some of there's fiction games? It all comes down to game development talent. I don't think other developers are out there hiring former nba or MLB talent to create their game, they are simply acquiring a collective unit of good game development talent. These guys at EA may know the game and have a great vision for the game I believe that without doubt but they can't encode/ program the game to make it run. I think this Is where the disconnect comes In and why we see over promising and under delivering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 148 jmurphy31 @ 11/03/13 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
but when EA says they need to lay the foundation.. it never is done correctly. From the gameplay videos we've seen.. does it not look like this 'new' foundation is just being thrown on top of a rotting infrastructure that has plagued the franchise for a decade? If the OL/DL was the only thing built from the ground up... wouldn't interactions have no similarities to past games? I'm still seeing alot of the same issues. I don't buy that they are truly re-writing certain areas.
And unfortunately, they have laid many of "Foundations" in the past and in a year or two another foundation was laid. I still remember hearing about the "Extra Point" and how it would lay the "other" weekly show to rest. Then we got the game and no highlights. Thats ok, they told us, because we coded it where we can add highlights later (even as a patch). Next Year, no change at all. The year after gone....

Pro-Tak, Same story
Procedural Awareness, Same Story
QB Throwing Animations, Same Story

And it wouldnt be so bad if they didnt hype it up to be so great at E3

# 149 darknmild @ 11/03/13 09:23 AM
I told you guys earlier that we were already playing next gen M25 on current gen

# 150 dat boi Q @ 11/03/13 09:54 AM
I told u guys a while ago. Next gen madden was using the same engine from cg.
Ignite engine was just getting slapped on top of it. They can say whatever the hell they want but if they don't change that engine first this game will will never be good.

# 151 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Oh, so another guy telling us to wait 3-4 years, when we've been waiting 3-4 years the entire life cycle of the PS3 and Xbox 360.

No thanks, they have next year to prove something to me. If they can't get it done, their fault and they will have more than a few lifelong customers gone. They have no excuse for this abomination they're releasing on the 15th.

We're tired of excuses, 3 year plans and promises of next year. Screw that. If 2K can make APF 2K8 in one dev cycle, and that game is still better than madden 25 next gen on the field, there is no excuse in the world that anyone can give.

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
You thought they made 2k8 in one dev cycle???? They made it in 3 dev cycles and it was for the most part a port of 2k5. Do you guys realize that the same guys making nfl and nba 2k back in early 2000s, STILL are the lead guys for NBA 2k next gen. You can't overlook that, they've had the same guys making their game with the same direction for over ten years. It's no wonder they have a good game.

# 152 wordtobigbird @ 11/03/13 10:43 AM
Quote:
You thought they made 2k8 in one dev cycle???? They made it in 3 dev cycles and it was for the most part a port of 2k5. Do you guys realize that the same guys making nfl and nba 2k back in early 2000s, STILL are the lead guys for NBA 2k next gen. You can't overlook that, they've had the same guys making their game with the same direction for over ten years. It's no wonder they have a good game.
Lol.

You should be a defense lawyer the way you shovel BS.. "It's no wonder they have a good game." So Madden's problem the last 10 years is that they didnt keep the team together! Damn!

# 153 kjcheezhead @ 11/03/13 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke
Upon learning QJB is a Game Changer, I immediately lost all hope i had for the series on next gen. I'm not sure if i was off-base here or not, but i thought Game Changers were sim-minded gamers aiming to help improve the accuracy and realism of the game? Watching his videos, I finally realised how hopeless this situation truly is before this *** finished speaking his first insanely irritating sentence.
No, every GC is not SIM minded. Many are tourney and online ranked players who resist any change to Madden that involves a loss of user control. You can thank them for throw a wr open. It allows them to control the qb and wr at the same time and that's what's important to them, not whether it plays out realistically.

As long as the dev team tries to give them what they want we will continue to get the same madden year. These devs are no different than past ones. Sell the newest features as bringing realism we've never seen while implementing in a way that doesn't cost any user control.

Look at the way features are implemented, listen to the devs answers to getting bad snaps or penalties, feel the way the game is paced with minimal presentation and cut scenes. The game is a hybrid, a one size fits all and when SIM interferes with control its not happening.

That's just the problem with the development philosophy. The truth is bad programming has set the game back as well. It's got freezing issues, invisible players, players playing on the wrong team, user controlled players bite on jukes without user input, the swat button has a habit of becoming an int button. The list is long and new ones pop up every year.

The situation does feel hopeless. I gave up after Madden 11. It'll take talented developers cleaning out the bugs as a true change in philosophy that doesn't have user control trumping every else every time. I have put my hopes in the license ending this year because I think it's better odds than EA truly fixing this game.

# 154 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Uhh... Just because 2k8 came out 3 years after 2k5 doesn't mean they took all those years developing it... Do you really believe they took 3 cycles on that game?... If they had taken that much time there would have been WAY more depth than there was. Starting with multiple seasons... You are just reaching now...

Edit: Even if it was a port it was at least a port of a very good game. A port of Madden is bad because the game is broken in so many ways. It's not even close.
So should we just not have a football game at all for a few years until the license ends or Madden gets theirs right? IF the license ended today it would be 2015 or later before another company could come close to having a decent product.

It takes 3-4 dev cycles realistically to make a great game from scratch, like a gta or halo, I don't expect it to take them 5 years but can't we at least let them have two dev cycles to make a decent product and see if they deliver or not?

You can blame EA as much as you like for the last 9 years, but you can't blame Cam and Rex and these guys right now, they're taking responsibility for where the game is right now but they had nothing to do with it.

It really is sad that people are being so harsh on these guys, let them have just a little bit of time to prove themselves before you write them off. People want to sit and bash these guys without giving them a chance to even prove what they're trying to do. I wouldn't blame them if they stopped coming to the forums anymore. Nobody wants to give constructive criticism to explain what you're wanting. It's all about the past 9 years, these guys are past that and understand the failures, but they have to move on. So until the community gets that it will always be a ea bashing on here and these guys aren't going to listen to this garbage anymore. Why should they? We all know the problems from the past, they're going after the solutions, judge them for their execution of what they're producing, not what other people didn't in the past.

Maybe they won't deliver like we think they will but until they don't why are we acting like its their fault for where the game is right now? We absolutely have to hold them accountable for the errors of Madden 25 next gen, but what happened before they arrived at EA is completely irrelevant. They should be judged for what they do or haven't done not what those before them did.

Are Bears fans blaming Marc Trestman for what Lovie Smith did? Did Patriots fans blame Bill Belichek for Pete Carroll's failures? What about John Harbaugh was he held accountable for what Rex Ryan did?

Of course not, so why do we hold these guys accountable for what guys before them did?

Pointing out player model errors and static sidelines in m25 next gen is one thing, but saying the game is and always will be what it's been in the past is asinine. The game will be what Rex and Cam put into it, that is what we should be judging them on, not what happened 7 years ago.

# 155 jjdogjjdog5162 @ 11/03/13 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
I understand where JP is coming from because not too long ago (about 3 weeks ago) I was upset with what I was seeing to. However, you guys can't lie, that true step for the ball carrier is pretty sick. That is only one example of the realism they are striving for (I'll elaborate more on why I believe they are striving for it in a bit). Plus I have more of an understanding on why they couldn't just fix this past train wreck of a game in an instant.

Now about EA's intentions for the future. I listened to two interviews that really had me thinking. The interview on Gamme Changers Radio with Rex and the show after that from Last Tuesday. Sim even said that EA has some things in store for next year and the year after that will basically knock everyone's socks off. I don't ever recall that guy as one who blows smoke so I'm gonna listen to someone with those credentials (a guy who actually talks to the devs and has heard personally what is in store for the future).
Been hearing that for the last oh, i dont know, whole current gen cycle. Then when the big sock knocking feature fails to deliever, we are told to wait till next year when they can REALLY focus on it and work the bugs out of it. Then after that year, it usually dissapears, only to return a few years later renamed something else and rehyped. That formula is getting old.

# 156 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
No, every GC is not SIM minded. Many are tourney and online ranked players who resist any change to Madden that involves a loss of user control. You can thank them for throw a wr open. It allows them to control the qb and wr at the same time and that's what's important to them, not whether it plays out realistically.

As long as the dev team tries to give them what they want we will continue to get the same madden year. These devs are no different than past ones. Sell the newest features as bringing realism we've never seen while implementing in a way that doesn't cost any user control.

Look at the way features are implemented, listen to the devs answers to getting bad snaps or penalties, feel the way the game is paced with minimal presentation and cut scenes. The game is a hybrid, a one size fits all and when SIM interferes with control its not happening.

That's just the problem with the development philosophy. The truth is bad programming has set the game back as well. It's got freezing issues, invisible players, players playing on the wrong team, user controlled players bite on jukes without user input, the swat button has a habit of becoming an int button. The list is long and new ones pop up every year.

The situation does feel hopeless. I gave up after Madden 11. It'll take talented developers cleaning out the bugs as a true change in philosophy that doesn't have user control trumping every else every time. I have put my hopes in the license ending this year because I think it's better odds than EA truly fixing this game.
The game is going to be sim minded, even though Clint said that, he also said they're going to work on getting bad snaps in the game. What these guys are trying to do is a complete transformation of what Madden is about. There's an extremely high risk involved but they want sim and are willing to take it. The things they have in mind will have casual gamers furious.

# 157 bc21045 @ 11/03/13 11:16 AM
Quote:
So should we just not have a football game at all for a few years until the license ends or Madden gets theirs right? IF the license ended today it would be 2015 or later before another company could come close to having a decent product.

It takes 3-4 dev cycles realistically to make a great game from scratch, like a gta or halo, I don't expect it to take them 5 years but can't we at least let them have two dev cycles to make a decent product and see if they deliver or not?

You can blame EA as much as you like for the last 9 years, but you can't blame Cam and Rex and these guys right now, they're taking responsibility for where the game is right now but they had nothing to do with it.

It really is sad that people are being so harsh on these guys, let them have just a little bit of time to prove themselves before you write them off. People want to sit and bash these guys without giving them a chance to even prove what they're trying to do. I wouldn't blame them if they stopped coming to the forums anymore. Nobody wants to give constructive criticism to explain what you're wanting. It's all about the past 9 years, these guys are past that and understand the failures, but they have to move on. So until the community gets that it will always be a ea bashing on here and these guys aren't going to listen to this garbage anymore. Why should they? We all know the problems from the past, they're going after the solutions, judge them for their execution of what they're producing, not what other people didn't in the past.

Maybe they won't deliver like we think they will but until they don't why are we acting like its their fault for where the game is right now? We absolutely have to hold them accountable for the errors of Madden 25 next gen, but what happened before they arrived at EA is completely irrelevant. They should be judged for what they do or haven't done not what those before them did.

Are Bears fans blaming Marc Trestman for what Lovie Smith did? Did Patriots fans blame Bill Belichek for Pete Carroll's failures? What about John Harbaugh was he held accountable for what Rex Ryan did?

Of course not, so why do we hold these guys accountable for what guys before them did?

Pointing out player model errors and static sidelines in m25 next gen is one thing, but saying the game is and always will be what it's been in the past is asinine. The game will be what Rex and Cam put into it, that is what we should be judging them on, not what happened 7 years ago.
Did EA replace the entire dev team or just the leads? A new direction is all well and good but if you can't execute it it doesn't matter.

# 158 tnixen @ 11/03/13 11:18 AM
I think it's safe to say "Living Worlds" should be renamed to "Boring Worlds"

# 159 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Where in my reply to did I even come close to saying we should wait a few years to have a football game? What are you even talking about?...

NBA 2K next-gen built their game from the ground up. At most they were working on it for 2 years. Madden had the same amount of time as they did to work on their next-gen title. Because of this I won't give them a pass on the first game of next-gen. However, I'm still waiting to see what they do in Madden 15. If it's not even close and we still have far too many legacy issues still in the game then you bet I'm going to give up on this team too.
NBA 2k next gen is very close to a port of current gen, watch the gameplay videos, the game looks like cg with much better graphics.

# 160 bc21045 @ 11/03/13 11:21 AM
Quote:
NBA 2k next gen is very close to a port of current gen, watch the gameplay videos, the game looks like cg with much better graphics.
... and improved player AI, and "true step" and player emotion in game, and improved coaching AI, and an overhauled mycareer mode and an overhauled association mode...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.