Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB checks in with his third Madden NFL 25 next-gen video. This one focuses on the IGNITE technology and next-gen visuals.

Thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 jjdogjjdog5162 @ 11/03/13 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
NBA 2k next gen is very close to a port of current gen, watch the gameplay videos, the game looks like cg with much better graphics.
What the heck are you talking about? 2k built the next gen NBA game from scratch. Its been said numerous time.

# 162 rootofalleli @ 11/03/13 11:33 AM
Quote:
The game will be what Rex and Cam put into it, that is what we should be judging them on, not what happened 7 years ago.
I wish. It'll be what EA puts into it. These guys are fighting with (at least) one hand tied behind their backs. Marketing still has its way with all these features, and there still isn't enough investment to improve all areas of the game each year. In past years EA has flat out ignored certain modes (like franchise) because they didn't have the "time."

Really though they didn't want to spend, and that hasn't changed. Yes, sometimes it hurts a project to have too many people. But this game has SO many problems. Someone needs to figure out why plays run in 4 seconds in SuperSim, why the wind arrow is fail, why the sim stats are off, why auto subs fail, why punted balls bounce explosively, etc. Some of these problems could be fixed without people tripping over each other in the office if EA cared.

That's not even touching all the additions to the game that people would like, or the subtractions we'd like to see undone. Why has no one added back in real injury designations or formation sub menus, for example? Because having enough manpower to add sim features isn't a priority. Do you think Cam & Rex will use their vast personal fortunes to hire more good people to tune existing features, restore options we used to have, and do good QA work on this game?

# 163 bc21045 @ 11/03/13 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
I wish. It'll be what EA puts into it. These guys are fighting with (at least) one hand tied behind their backs. Marketing still has its way with all these features, and there still isn't enough investment to improve all areas of the game each year. In past years EA has flat out ignored certain modes (like franchise) because they didn't have the "time."

Really though they didn't want to spend, and that hasn't changed. Yes, sometimes it hurts a project to have too many people. But this game has SO many problems. Someone needs to figure out why plays run in 4 seconds in SuperSim, why the wind arrow is fail, why the sim stats are off, why auto subs fail, why punted balls bounce explosively, etc. Some of these problems could be fixed without people tripping over each other in the office if EA cared.

That's not even touching all the additions to the game that people would like, or the subtractions we'd like to see undone. Why has no one added back in real injury designations or formation sub menus, for example? Because having enough manpower to add sim features isn't a priority. Do you think Cam & Rex will use their vast personal fortunes to hire more good people to tune existing features, restore options we used to have, and do good QA work on this game?
This is what I was getting at asking if the entire team had been replaced. They're just not good at making football games, no matter the direction. Focusing on sim isn't gonna magically make them able to put out a (relatively) bug free game where all the features work as intended.

# 164 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 11:36 AM
If you guys were hired by EA today as the GM, what would you say or do to assure people you were going to deliver a great product?

# 165 bc21045 @ 11/03/13 11:39 AM
Quote:
If you guys were hired by EA today as the GM, what would you say or do to assure people you were going to deliver a great product?
These guys weren't hired today. They could've started work on next gen 2 years ago, not released a game on next gen this year and put out madden 15 with 3 "cycles" of work and had a much improved product. I'm sure it wasn't their decision but that means nothing to me as a consumer.

# 166 hawley088 @ 11/03/13 11:46 AM
I am getting this game for my birthday, but now, I dont even know if I want someone else spending money on it for me

# 167 kjcheezhead @ 11/03/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
The game is going to be sim minded, even though Clint said that, he also said they're going to work on getting bad snaps in the game. What these guys are trying to do is a complete transformation of what Madden is about. There's an extremely high risk involved but they want sim and are willing to take it. The things they have in mind will have casual gamers furious.
Casuals won't be furious at a SIM focused, they just kick back and enjoy some football. Tourney guys, h2h for money guys are the problem and they get invited to community day ever year making sure the game doesn't take out user control. This dev team invited them down just like the last teams did.

# 168 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Casuals won't be furious at a SIM focused, they just kick back and enjoy some football. Tourney guys, h2h for money guys are the problem and they get invited to community day ever year making sure the game doesn't take out user control. This dev team invited them down just like the last teams did.
They do invite the tourney guys but it's after they've been working on the game and those guys are just playing it for fun.

The Sim Perspective guys and Ryan Moody also were invited and they are the guys who are constantly communicating with the devs about the game and giving feedback to the devs to help shape it.

# 169 wordtobigbird @ 11/03/13 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I would first deliver a great product. That's the best assurance.
Exactly. Hence the problem with EA, all marketing no development.

# 170 ABR173rd @ 11/03/13 12:46 PM
Quote:
1) Hire a couple of the designers from both the 2k team and Backbreaker team- EA needs to diversify and bring in some industry practitioners with different perspectives.

2) Instead of game changers set up a raffle system where they bring in 40-50 random Madden players every year that each have a specific area of interest in the game i.e. Online franchise, Offline Franchise, Superstar Mode, Online Tournaments. I would set up the raffle through the most heavily trafficked Madden websites- Not Via Twitter or Facebook, this would ensure you're getting individuals that, good or bad, have a true passion for the game in some capacity.

3) Set up an intern program (no pay-college credit) where interns are solely focused on addressing issues (at their competency level) that have been pointed out by the winners of the raffle system thus eliminating some of the most ridiculous issues that should never make it into the final version.

4) Overhaul gameplay, WR/CB interaction, CPU decision making, QB throwing animations, effectiveness of blitz plays, the Balls Trajectory, and the Jumping ability of players and it's effect on defense and offense.

5) Commentary needs to evolve throughout the franchise, new player names, Every time I break Drew Brees' passing record I don't want to hear the same commentary about his record when I've broken it three seasons in a row. So the commentary should be regarding how I've broken my own record the past two seasons.

6) Take H.C. 09 (best 99 cents I've ever spent) and incorporate it into Franchise mode.

7) Stop waisting money on NFL football players for promotion. I don't care if they like the game nor if they play the game- use those resources elsewhere.

8) Fix the attribute system and outline what each attribute actually does. The awareness attribute alone should encompass at least five of the current separate attributes. Instead of having CIT, the level of the Catch attribute should determine how well a WR catches the ball in general and that number should be tied into the Jumping attribute which would determine a spectacular catch ( a 95+ Catch and 95+ Jumping is a spectacular catch player).

# 171 RGiles36 @ 11/03/13 12:52 PM
Quote:
It really is sad that people are being so harsh on these guys, let them have just a little bit of time to prove themselves before you write them off. People want to sit and bash these guys without giving them a chance to even prove what they're trying to do. I wouldn't blame them if they stopped coming to the forums anymore.
Honestly, I don't think guys are harsh on Rex, Cam, and/or the dev staff. Most people speak to quality of the finished product -- not who's putting it together.

That's why I don't get involved in all of those leadership and 3 year plan discussions. As a consumer, all you should care about is the product on the shelf. All those behind-the-scenes conversations simply provide a convenient distraction from what continues to be a subpar game.

# 172 Boilerbuzz @ 11/03/13 01:05 PM
Quote:
Rex is a former college defensive lineman, Cam Weber was a QB and Clint Oldenburg is a former NFL offensive lineman. I think these guys know what football is about. They're trying to make a game based off of real football. What they're doing or trying to do has never been done before to the level they're wanting. We've never had former football guys be the leadership team for a football video game like this. These guys know football they don't have to know about Superstar or my player, they know the X's and O's of the game of football.
I met Clint. Really cool dude and we talked quite a bit. But how do we know what they are trying to do? And what is this "never been done before" talk? There is a LOT that has been done before. Just not by EA!

# 173 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Honestly, I don't think guys are harsh on Rex, Cam, and/or the dev staff. Most people speak to quality of the finished product -- not who's putting it together.

That's why I don't get involved in all of those leadership and 3 year plan discussions. As a consumer, all you should care about is the product on the shelf. All those behind-the-scenes conversations simply provide a convenient distraction from what continues to be a subpar game.
I can't argue with that, the product can be questioned but the direction is what I'm always talking about. To me that is something that remains to be seen. If the product doesn't meet expectations it's up to you whether you buy it. However, some will buy the game this year just because of o/d line play and the realistic pocket forming. For others it will take an overhaul of animatitions, presentation etc, and for some, they will never buy it because of the letters E and A

# 174 Gjordan @ 11/03/13 01:20 PM
Quote:

AND START OVER!!

You would definitely have their attention.

# 175 Sturzinator @ 11/03/13 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
True Step is for at most, 2 out of 22 on the field. I think that's from either less than 10% to less than 5% of the the players on the field depending on the circumstances between user and cpu controlled teams. They should have called it TrueStep 5%. We're suppose to be impressed with THAT? That's yours and JP's selling point of why we should be impressed? Let's see, going forward, at the current rate, that would mean we would have a TRUE True Step in 10 to 20 years. Now I know the 10-20 years is a little silly, but just trying to make a point. How can they advertise TRUE STEP as some amazing, game altering realistic feature, AND ONLY PROVIDE FOR 5 TO 10 PERCENT OF THE PLAYERS ON THE FIELD.
Yeah, and then this disparity between who is "true stepping" and who isn't will likely unbalance the game play. The half a**ed implementation of yet another new feature (albeit, a much needed feature) continues.

Your RB will be "true stepping" his way out of the backfield while the defense hurriedly skates over to make the tackle.

# 176 Boilerbuzz @ 11/03/13 01:32 PM
Quote:
You thought they made 2k8 in one dev cycle???? They made it in 3 dev cycles and it was for the most part a port of 2k5.
APF was done on one cycle. They put the majority of the NFL team on NBA. That was verified years ago.

Quote:
Do you guys realize that the same guys making nfl and nba 2k back in early 2000s, STILL are the lead guys for NBA 2k next gen. You can't overlook that, they've had the same guys making their game with the same direction for over ten years. It's no wonder they have a good game.
This is true. Added in the remnants of the NFL team and you see the result.

# 177 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Yeah, and then this disparity between who is "true stepping" and who isn't will likely unbalance the game play. The half a**ed implementation of yet another new feature (albeit, a much needed feature) continues.

Your RB will be "true stepping" his way out of the backfield while the defense hurriedly skates over to make the tackle.
I haven't played the game yet but Sim said when he played he felt all player movement was different not just those who had true step and you can tell that in these videos by QJB, there's next to no skating in them.

# 178 SageInfinite @ 11/03/13 02:23 PM

How do you highlight this? It's the same problem that is in current gen. Players legs clipping through their own legs. It's just bad. You highlight true player motion and true step and still have things like this going on. I know true step isn't all over the field yet, but at least get this cleaned up. It just looks awful.

I could see some clipping when characters interact with each other, that is just something that is going to happen with video games, but clipping into their own legs? That is something that should not happen. How does a mo-capped animation get put into the game like that? And this dude highlights it on next gen!!! LMAO. I understand Tiburon is working on this, but the snapping and warping is just unacceptable at this point.

# 179 reverend_heat @ 11/03/13 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

How do you highlight this? It's the same problem that is in current gen. Players legs clipping through their own legs. It's just bad. You highlight true player motion and true step and still have things like this going on. I know true step isn't all over the field yet, but at least get this cleaned up. It just looks awful.

I could see some clipping when characters interact with each other, that is just something that is going to happen with video games, but clipping into their own legs? That is something that should not happen. How does a mo-capped animation get put into the game like that? And this dude highlights it on next gen!!! LMAO.

How does J.J. Watt's player model get into a game looking like this? He looks like Dave from your local Wal-Mart stocking department

# 180 speedbreaker @ 11/03/13 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
How does J.J. Watt's player model get into a game looking like this? He looks like Dave from your local Wal-Mart stocking department

look at the gut on jj watt looks like a offensive linemen what a joke!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.