Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

In what is the least surprising news of the year thus far, Sony has announced triumphantly that MLB '14: The Show will be the 'first and only next-generation baseball sim.'

For a year at least, this means that if you own an Xbox One you will not get a baseball simulation to play. There is always a chance a company such as EA or even Microsoft could step up to deliver a next-gen product on the Xbox, but right now we don't have any indications on who that will or could be.

The disclaimer in the ad does say that the claim does include only disk based baseball simulations, which means an arcade or download-only MLB title is possible. You have to wonder if MLB will consider this a huge issue or not, and it could be a litmus test for the state of the game period as to whether an MLB game can appear on XBox One in the next couple of years.

What do you think about no baseball on the XBox One next year?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 taylor89 @ 11/04/13 11:43 PM
May we have a moment of silence for those who are buying the Xbox 1, as they will not have a baseball game to play next year. And for those who are buying the ps4, yes yes yes yes yes.

# 22 Gagnon39 @ 11/04/13 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
This game alone is a console seller.

Xbone can have titanfall, I'll take The Show.
This is absolutely a system-seller. No doubt about it.

# 23 hesko @ 11/04/13 11:47 PM
YESSSSSS!!!! And this is called THE SHOW! (Slick Rick and Dougie Fresh voice). now all we need is hockey.

# 24 DC1980 @ 11/05/13 12:24 AM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/25243777/images/1370390636600.gif

# 25 DamnYanks2 @ 11/05/13 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Not even a baseball fan, and I'm considering buying this game. Looks phenomenal.
I know your a big basketball fan like me, but this game will make you appreciate baseball, The Show on PS3 is as good as it gets for a sim experience in sports games. It's literally and I'm not exaggerating a bit, a perfect experience, if you watch and follow baseball. SCEA just nails it.

# 26 jfazyankees @ 11/05/13 07:34 AM
Gamestop lists the release date as April 1, a full month later than normal

# 27 NYJin2011tm @ 11/05/13 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfazyankees
Could be just a placeholder date until they get a confirmed release date. Usually a placeholder date says Dec. 31st though.

# 28 Azamien @ 11/05/13 09:41 AM
Quote:
Meaningless until a date is officially announced. Gamestop (and most other retailers) are just guessing when they post dates this far in advance.

# 29 IowaAJ @ 11/05/13 10:54 AM
This is one of the reasons I'm so confused on the system I want to buy. The Show on PS3 is so good I can't imagine how great it will be on PS4. I could probably go one year playing it on the PS3 only if their is talk of a baseball game on Xbox one.

# 30 Azamien @ 11/05/13 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaAJ
This is one of the reasons I'm so confused on the system I want to buy. The Show on PS3 is so good I can't imagine how great it will be on PS4. I could probably go one year playing it on the PS3 only if their is talk of a baseball game on Xbox one.
Where's the confusion? PS4 seems to be the better machine based on early dev reports, and it has The Show. Seems pretty simple to me.

# 31 Bobhead @ 11/05/13 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Could be just a placeholder date until they get a confirmed release date. Usually a placeholder date says Dec. 31st though.
Right, but placeholder dates always have to be AFTER the expected actual date. It would reflect very poorly on a distributor firm if they posted a Dec 31st, 2013 date just as a placeholder and the actual date was next year.

# 32 jr86 @ 11/05/13 05:32 PM
Note to SCEA

Looks like the 2k commentary team are out of work.........

# 33 tnixen @ 11/05/13 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Note to SCEA

Looks like the 2k commentary team are out of work.........
What does this mean?

# 34 Knight165 @ 11/05/13 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
What does this mean?
He means he want's Matt, Erik and Steve replaced.

I'm seriously doubting it.

Seriously.

M.K.
Knight165

# 35 bcruise @ 11/05/13 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Gary Thorne (He's gotta move that) Kruk and Phillips from the 2k booth. They do a great job and you can never get enough of Gary Thorne.
Maybe not you, but I certainly can....

# 36 DanH35 @ 11/05/13 11:34 PM
Quote:
If I remember correctly, the first version of The Show on PS3 came out a little bit later than the PS2 version. It could be different this time around, but it wouldn't surprise me if the PS4 version is released later than the PS3 version.

# 37 RandyBass @ 11/06/13 03:59 PM
Look at The Show! Sittin' pretty... Gettin' plugs from the MLB Network no less.

# 38 BoomerHB52 @ 11/06/13 04:19 PM
DANG IT. I was going for the PS4 but in like two years. But seeing The Show 14 in ps4...

Sorry Mom and Dad. Screw college I'm going to work my a$$ to buy this thing!!

# 39 tessl @ 11/06/13 07:02 PM
I believe the reason the Show is so great is because all the developers can focus on Sony. If they were developing the game for various platforms quality would suffer.

# 40 Thrash13 @ 11/06/13 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
This game alone is a console seller.
It's the reason I'm about 99% going with the PS4. If it wasn't for The Show, I would lean more towards the XBox One. But after seeing the first look for this game, I just can't go away from the PS4 or The Show! I'm excited to see more in the near future.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.