Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

According to Rich Grisham, Press Row Podcast host, you will be able to download a fully featured NBA Live 14 demo on PS4 launch day (November 15) according to what he was told by officials he talked to at a recent press event.

It's possible/likely the demo will have playable parts of every mode, perhaps even allowing you to start franchises and careers -- but will be limited either by time like the Season Ticket games were or by simply not allowing you to go past a certain point in certain modes. If the demo is truly fully featured, this is a shrewd business move by EA to offer a try-before-you-buy option for Live 14 to try to entice some customer goodwill ahead of the games launch on November 19.

UPDATE: EA Sports has announced the NBA Live 14 demo will arrive on November 19th, the same day it arrives in stores.

Will you be checking out the demo?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 The 504 Boy @ 11/08/13 10:20 PM
Yeah that sucks triple ball sacks....EA really is not thinking clearly on this one. I was hoping for a launch day demo. It probably is out of their control since Tuesday is usually when Playstation updates the PS Store anyways.

# 62 CaCHooKa Man @ 11/08/13 10:42 PM
not PS4 but the game is 9 GB on xbox one compared to 43 GB for NBA 2K14

# 63 Boilerbuzz @ 11/09/13 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
That because there's so much content on 2k14
That's almost a 5x difference! That's insane.

# 64 Boilerbuzz @ 11/09/13 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 504 Boy
Yeah that sucks triple ball sacks....EA really is not thinking clearly on this one. I was hoping for a launch day demo. It probably is out of their control since Tuesday is usually when Playstation updates the PS Store anyways.
I doubt that's the reason. The game just won't be ready or they would have just released it that day.

# 65 bigeastbumrush @ 11/09/13 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
That because there's so much content on 2k14
I'm assuming it's because there is so much content included already in 2K's game modes whereas Live will be pumping in content daily.

43MB is comparable to console exclusives. That is extremely large.

# 66 yungflo @ 11/09/13 01:49 PM
I hope the demo is not over 5gb.. jeez these big games are going to get peoples internet capped alot quicker

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

# 67 Boilerbuzz @ 11/09/13 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I'm assuming it's because there is so much content included already in 2K's game modes whereas Live will be pumping in content daily.

That's quite stretch there. You really think that EA can feasibly do that AND work hard enough on Live 15?

# 68 Boilerbuzz @ 11/09/13 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
I hope the demo is not over 5gb.. jeez these big games are going to get peoples internet capped alot quicker

But that is the level of detail and content that people expect today.

By the way, is no one going to acknowledge the elephant in the room? 9 GB, in terms of size, looks close to 360/PS3 size.

# 69 FloorGeneral @ 11/09/13 03:16 PM
Quote:

All 3 EA games are small: Madden = 12gb, FIFA = 8gb. Obviously can't speak for Live, but looks like EA getting their port game on...

# 70 Blessin @ 11/09/13 03:30 PM
I'll check it out, to see how far they've came. I want to be optimistic about it, but i'll be going with NBA 2K 14 for sure!

# 71 yungflo @ 11/09/13 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
But that is the level of detail and content that people expect today.

By the way, is no one going to acknowledge the elephant in the room? 9 GB, in terms of size, looks close to 360/PS3 size.
Internet providers need to higher the cap. It'll be nearly impossible to not go over the cap if someone is going strictly digital. I'm in the us and my cap is at 150Gb

And yeah 9gb is last gen. So I find it funny when people get blasted for calling this game a last grlen title look alike.. When the file size is closer to last green lol

# 72 yungflo @ 11/09/13 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
All 3 EA games are small: Madden = 12gb, FIFA = 8gb. Obviously can't speak for Live, but looks like EA getting their port game on...
That's my assumption as well. All this hype about a new engine and yet all the data in the disk doesn't exceed current gen(25gb bluray)

# 73 RangersCruz @ 11/09/13 04:26 PM
Quote:
Internet providers need to higher the cap. It'll be nearly impossible to not go over the cap if someone is going strictly digital. I'm in the us and my cap is at 150Gb

And yeah 9gb is last gen. So I find it funny when people get blasted for calling this game a last grlen title look alike.. When the file size is closer to last green lol

i had to upgrade for next gen and i might even upgrade it again its going to suck for people with max caps of 150GB

# 74 bigeastbumrush @ 11/09/13 04:38 PM
Quote:
I don't know how it works and I'm sure most of us don't know either.

To assume that something is a port because the install is large is a reach. Besides, what would Live 14 be porting from? Nothing.

Could it be that they're using more cloud/server functionality? Who knows.

I'm going all digital. So to hear that FIFA is only 8 GB brings a smile to my face.

EDIT:
Assasin's Creed is 20 GB.
Just Dance is 22 GB.

Are we assuming Just Dance has more content than AC?
Probably requires tons of space for preloaded songs. 2K14 has prerecorded audio for every mode of their game.

# 75 Earl1963 @ 11/09/13 04:48 PM
Well that sucks, was looking forward to the 15th.

# 76 bigeastbumrush @ 11/09/13 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
That's quite stretch there. You really think that EA can feasibly do that AND work hard enough on Live 15?
I highly doubt the guys loading content would be gameplay designers.

# 77 FloorGeneral @ 11/09/13 04:58 PM
Quote:
I don't know how it works and I'm sure most of us don't know either.

To assume that something is a port because the install is large is a reach. Besides, what would Live 14 be porting from? Nothing.

Could it be that they're using more cloud/server functionality? Who knows.

I'm going all digital. So to hear that FIFA is only 8 GB brings a smile to my face.
Fam, 8gb is positively Current Gen. 12gb is Current Gen. Those sizes are worrisome if you're expecting a leap from CG to NG. As far as Live, I already said I can't speak for it, but I know I, for one, find it kind of scary that one company was geared solely for Next Gen, while one was not, and the one that wasn't has a size that's 5 times bigger than the one that was.

And cloud functionality? No. They're not gonna make the download size 9gb, then let the other 30+gb hang out "in the cloud". It's not gonna work like that.

Who knows...maybe EA found the secret to developing on the NG consoles, and is able to fit all their content into the size of a DL DVD. If you believe that, well, I have a few bridges for sale. More likely, is they're minimally updating their games this year for NG (I mean, we all have seen the Madden videos right?).

# 78 MarvinOida @ 11/09/13 05:13 PM
9gb on NBA Live? That's like Current Gen. This is seriously sounding like this is a current gen project brought to Next Gen with enhanced ______. That's kinda bad vs 43 GB on the other game. But it's year 1 of a new building project, after a 3 year building project.

Unless if this game is super mega packed with content, I guess the game is less-featured. If this game has a lot of stuff I guess they found the "Storage of Youth" with some compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 79 bigeastbumrush @ 11/09/13 05:55 PM
Quote:
Fam, 8gb is positively Current Gen. 12gb is Current Gen. Those sizes are worrisome if you're expecting a leap from CG to NG. As far as Live, I already said I can't speak for it, but I know I, for one, find it kind of scary that one company was geared solely for Next Gen, while one was not, and the one that wasn't has a size that's 5 times bigger than the one that was.

And cloud functionality? No. They're not gonna make the download size 9gb, then let the other 30+gb hang out "in the cloud". It's not gonna work like that.

Who knows...maybe EA found the secret to developing on the NG consoles, and is able to fit all their content into the size of a DL DVD. If you believe that, well, I have a few bridges for sale. More likely, is they're minimally updating their games this year for NG (I mean, we all have seen the Madden videos right?).
You're saying this as if there is a gigabyte floor that needs to be reached.

Like I said, who knows for sure. BF4 requires 35GB. Is that a minimal update from them when the game is also on CG?

We'll all find out next week.

# 80 Boilerbuzz @ 11/09/13 11:33 PM
Quote:

I'm one if the few that is fine with porting up. It makes sense. Just don't try to sell me on being totally rebuilt. That's all I ask. I'm cool with whatever as long as you're improving and don't lie to me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.