Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released their NBA Live 14 video featuring ESPN presentation.

Basketball broadcasts feel like special events when you watch them on TV. In order to immerse fans with true-to-life NBA presentation, NBA LIVE 14 has formed an exclusive partnership with ESPN and will feature the network’s broadcast talent and authentic graphics packages. With all the broadcast wipes and graphics of a real ESPN broadcast, as well as authentic arena camera locations for each NBA arena, fans will be able to experience NBA basketball in a video game with more authenticity than ever before..

ESPN talent Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy, and Jalen Rose bring their talents to the NBA LIVE 14 airwaves and will make it feel as if you’re watching an actual ESPN broadcast. Breen and Van Gundy will handle broadcasting duties, while Rose will host pregame, halftime, and provide postgame wrap-ups.

In its commitment to being the most up-to-date NBA game ever, Rose will also provide dynamic weekly updates, calling out league news and top in-game performances. Just like the NBA LIVE 14 soundtrack, Rose’s updates will continue throughout the season. Play well enough and you could get your very own shoutout from Jalen himself.

Source - EA Sports

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TreyIM2 @ 11/14/13 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
The presentation graphics package along with the stadium shots looked wonderful and I know the crowd audio is gunna be sick because we all know how Live has had that down pat for the past few games but eek to those paddle hands in that vid. Why are those STILL in Live next gen??
Ok, maybe I was imagining the paddle hands still being there. Went back and looked at the vid again with less scrutiny on those hands.

That said, this just could be a great foundation for EA to build on for next year. I need to see more as well as get my hands on the demo on Tues. PS4 is in transit!

# 22 Sparkles @ 11/14/13 08:16 PM
I'll say this, nba live is the only game at ea sports that shows potential in next gen. Every other game is going down hill. Very nice implementation of espn and hopefully we can build on this in the coming years. Certainly not as perfect as 2K but it's definitely something to build off of and be as perfect as 2K

# 23 titans321 @ 11/14/13 08:18 PM
Rudy Gay 2nd in the league with 32 PPG?! Not getting it anymore.

# 24 nick_sr @ 11/14/13 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
When is the exclusive ESPN license up for renewal? I'd be very interested in seeing if ESPN would go with a change and switch to 2K.
15 year deal. ea isn't giving itup, try again

# 25 Sparkles @ 11/14/13 08:20 PM
Highlights from other games? Top plays? Hmmmmm

# 26 phillydaboss404 @ 11/14/13 08:24 PM
my first thought was

no gameplay will be in this video....

i moved my mouse down the play bar and checked preview images......i then stand corrected

smh

# 27 outkaz79 @ 11/14/13 08:28 PM

Live 14.... 5 on 5 highlight

# 28 LingeringRegime @ 11/14/13 08:30 PM
Attachment 68792I am actually surprised by the half time, post game show. EA is finally implementing the years of begging in the various wish lists. Good for them.

EDIT: I am not auditioning to become a game changer FWIW.

# 29 Sundown @ 11/14/13 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
That was announced in 2005 and it didn't take place until 2006 ugh...
Well they hitched their wagon to the wrong horse.

# 30 Jrocc23 @ 11/14/13 08:37 PM
Looks like a real broadcast. Live is looking great in this aspect, might be better than 2K.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

# 31 Jrocc23 @ 11/14/13 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Highlights from other games? Top plays? Hmmmmm
Wow. I didn't even catch the side I that. That looks real good.

I doubt they will show highlights of other games though. I think it will just be the top plays of that particular game. Hopefully, it's not though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

# 32 youvalss @ 11/14/13 08:47 PM
Would have been much more impressive if Elite and 13 didn't exist. Since they have already done the ESPN thing (probably not as deep as now, though), it's not that amazing anymore. Like they lost the momentum.

Still great to have a network license and make it look like a real broadcast.

# 33 wallofhate @ 11/14/13 09:18 PM
Everything looks so great until the game is shown. I just scratch my head from the sight of the player models. And then you get some ppl who says it looks great and they have a solid foundation and I'm just honest to god baffled how they get to that point from setting what we've all seen. It's like when someone calls a girl that's so far from even cute hot. The espn integration is great and jaylen rose is a great addition despite it all though

# 34 poloelite @ 11/14/13 09:27 PM
I wish EA and 2K could merge the presentation and gameplay together. I would pay $120 for that game so no one loses any dough.

# 35 eslimm @ 11/14/13 09:45 PM
The ''broadcast presentation'' looks mighty nice... I need to see some game play now. But as far as the broadcasting I give that a 10/10

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

# 36 MarvinOida @ 11/14/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I wish EA and 2K could merge the presentation and gameplay together. I would pay $120 for that game so no one loses any dough.
Yeah,

2K handles core gameplay and game modes
EA handles roster updates, presentation, Ultimate Team, and Online servers

Everybody wins lol. Pipeline dream my man.

Live looks solid, but I think I'll sit out on both, the lack of "big time" modes and things like player editing kinda make me shift for next year. I hope Live plays very good this year, but I can't say it will play very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 37 RUFFNREADY @ 11/14/13 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkaz79

Live 14.... 5 on 5 highlight
This was too much! Looks great! lmao

# 38 yungflo @ 11/14/13 10:19 PM
I love jalen

# 39 yungflo @ 11/14/13 10:22 PM
2k probably thinking ..:****, we really need a tv license

# 40 capn_razzamataz @ 11/14/13 10:35 PM
Call me a nitpicker, but...

"This has been a presentation of ESPN on EA Sports"!

Why do they HAVE to put the "on EA Sports" in there? What is wrong with ESPNs actual, real life presentation package?!? That incredibly small detail will bug me to no end.

An actual question for those who remember: When 2k had the ESPN license, they never tried to combine both ESPN and 2k presentation packages, did they? I don't seem to remember NFL or NBA 2k5 saying "...brought to you by 2k Sports!". Of course, I definitely could be wrong as it's been a while since those days.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.