Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has shipped NBA Live 14 today. Please play a few games and post your impressions here. As always, we'd like to see how the community feels about the game.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jyoung @ 11/22/13 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
So is Synergy DNA up and running yet?
I'm pretty sure it's been going from day one.

Every time I boot up the game, it says "downloading rosters" and "updating players."

# 102 ProfessaPackMan @ 11/22/13 05:06 PM
Oh I already know that lol

I'm only asking because so far, I'm still not seeing much of a difference in how the CPU runs it's Offense since I'm still seeing majority ISOBall Offense.

# 103 Boilerbuzz @ 11/23/13 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Like Wang said when he left the EA team after Live 10, they're going in the wrong direction. He was right
Don't do that to the man. He said a "different" direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 104 Boilerbuzz @ 11/23/13 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
I'm using the demo is my alternative to 2k...I can't see myself spending $60 on this game.
For those with 2k fatigue, this is exactly what they can do.

# 105 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 11/23/13 10:29 AM
i be honest with you guys i own both basketball games and i am having fun with nba live. for a game that hasnt been on the market for 3 years its not that bad of a game. i love the presentation in this game. i feel 2k is my main game but i dont mind switching over to live to play. is it better then 2k no but if ea can keep working in three years ea will be competetive again.do you guys play with plus skill or ratings? im about to play on ratings the shooting is a little weird.

# 106 verbalhologram @ 11/23/13 04:30 PM
One of the first things they need to look at is rosters.I have seen several players just listed on the court as "point guard" rather than their actual name,this happened this morning when I was playing o the Cavs and using Dellavadova.
Also noticed another weird one on the Bucks where Nate Wolters was black and Giannis Antetukumpo was bald and looked nothing like himself.

Start with this EA as it really breaks the immersion.

# 107 Pjm13 @ 11/23/13 06:01 PM
Can somebody please tell me on dynasty mode can u play 2 players on the same team I have 2k and they have taken that away and me and my roommate that's all we play if it does I'm going to buy it now

# 108 nick_sr @ 11/23/13 09:50 PM
due to the fact I can't use myself in dynasty I just play different modes now. gameplay is really something special once you figure out the controls. bouncetek is real folks!

# 109 Melbournelad @ 11/23/13 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
due to the fact I can't use myself in dynasty I just play different modes now. gameplay is really something special once you figure out the controls. bouncetek is real folks!
Yeah you keep telling yourself that, maybe one day you will actually believe it.

# 110 GisherJohn24 @ 11/24/13 10:29 AM
Ea plans on lots of patches. I'll keep my copy and hope they come through

# 111 Earl1963 @ 11/24/13 06:10 PM
I think this game looks really good at times. It has its issues for sure but this game overall plays pretty realistic as well. I also love the size of the players compared to the court, it's spot on.

# 112 JoeDog10 @ 11/24/13 06:46 PM
To those with the retail version of the game - do the players on every team (including your own) literally just stand still on offense for the entire 24? The only team that seems to move at all on the demo is the Warriors.

# 113 nick_sr @ 11/24/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I think this game looks really good at times. It has its issues for sure but this game overall plays pretty realistic as well. I also love the size of the players compared to the court, it's spot on.

plays well? man, this game plays fantastic when your'e not using my raptors lol. the other day I played against the thunder and was astonished at how realistic westbrook plays. played against the heat and lebron played the passive role in the first 2 q's and just took over in the second half lol.

# 114 nick_sr @ 11/24/13 07:42 PM
Hate how late defenders are when trying to contest shots though

# 115 Boilerbuzz @ 11/24/13 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I also love the size of the players compared to the court, it's spot on.

This is well known to be false dude. Come on. The fact that you even have to call this out makes the point.

Nice screenshots, btw.

# 116 JazzMan @ 11/24/13 10:51 PM
Yikes. Graphically, NBA 2k9 looks better than this.

# 117 Sundown @ 11/25/13 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I forced myself to sit and play a whole 12min quarter game using the Bulls against the Nuggets, and I will say this -The more you play it, the more can see what they were trying to accomplish and it's not a bad thing if you like the Live series.

Sadly though there isn't one area in the gameplay department that you can pinpoint and say "This part is 100% solid, and they just need to fix XYZ"

There are aspects that I really enjoy about the game, but it truly feels like they are 2 solid years away from having a good hoops title. I'm glad I got it, but I couldn't imagine finding enough enjoyment to play a full 82 game season - it literally will be just a rarely used alternative to NBA2k, and I am sure that is not what they were hoping for -
This was my impression as well-- hey, some of the animations and movement is actually almost context sensitive. It actually kind of looks sort of okay in certain situations. Too bad no single aspect of the game is actually well done, and the leading features are done the most poorly. It's like the developers followed a document on what might make a good basketball game, but have never played a good one themselves or can envision what one should look, play, and feel like.

Actually what it plays like is a moderately funded, semi-amateur Half-Life/TF mod modded to play like NBA 2K. It's the Counterstrike of basketball games-- a derivative that just doesn't quite have the polish or depth of the competitor it appears to emulate, except not fun. Counterstrike was actually charming and fun in its own ugly way, mainly because it was free. Steve Nash already looks like a TF2 character.

# 118 GisherJohn24 @ 11/26/13 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Yikes. Graphically, NBA 2k9 looks better than this.
nba live 06 on the 360 launch looks and plays better. no joke.

# 119 Thelorn @ 11/26/13 03:11 PM
Really having a hard time even finishing a game because of the limited camera options and I find all 4 or 5 of them terrible. I hate to say it, but would love to see something close to the 2k cam/high cam from the other game.

# 120 Fiddy @ 11/26/13 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
nba live 06 on the 360 launch looks and plays better. no joke.
i loaded up live 06, as well as live 14 at the same time on two different inputs. its not even close. live 14 looks much better than live 06.

carry on guys..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.