Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

The NBA Live 14 demo is available now on the PlayStation Store. You can also queue it up on the official PlayStation app (iOS, Android).

Below are some of the details for the NBA Live 14 demo, read more about it here.

Tip-Off - Play a full game with the following teams:
  • Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Oklahoma City Thunder
  • New York Knicks
  • Golden State Warriors
Offline head to head matchups
One of five BIG Moments
Live Ultimate Team

Throughout the season, CourtQ and Synergy Sports will update the rosters, ratings and tendencies of all available teams and players in the demo.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ClevelandinDistress @ 11/20/13 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
Yeah I can say for certain after playing both live and 2k next gen that live 14 has way more sliding than 2k14. Way more. Live is slowed down though. But it's very sluggish. That Eco motion foot planting is the real deal. I had no idea until I played it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, this guy CaliDude is talking straight lies!

# 82 Artur @ 11/20/13 04:34 AM
"Players are uncontrollable because they are to loose."

Indeed! And it's great! I want control the humans not the ***** dolls. )

# 83 yungflo @ 11/20/13 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
Yeah I can say for certain after playing both live and 2k next gen that live 14 has way more sliding than 2k14. Way more. Live is slowed down though. But it's very sluggish. That Eco motion foot planting is the real deal. I had no idea until I played it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
from the streams, i thought foot planting was improved but playing the game is horrible. i've literally had players warping through each others foot. lots of sliding. its not elite but damn, playing and watching are two diff things.

# 84 Tommyklaid @ 11/20/13 08:01 AM
I'm actually kinda digging this game...

Yes, I purchased 2K and absolutely LOVE it, but this is something they can most DEFINITELY build on.

Great to have the competition back for the basketball series...

*rim/net physics
*crowd & stadium sounds
*ESPN halftime show
*ESPN scoreboard overlay
*players look good...not from a far, but up close

Dislikes:

*player warping & sliding
*some of the dunks speed up and look un-natural
*commentary - doesn't seem like it flows as it should

Overall, I was not pleased with lack of PR from EA about this game...we had no idea what to expect. Screenshot for screenshot compared to the competition left us all uneasy, but the demo is solid and this game looks like a GREAT step in the right direction.

# 85 Melbournelad @ 11/20/13 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
2K has never played realistically, and it never will. Players are uncontrollable because they are to loose, once you get going one way, it's impossible to go the other. Players sliding around the court, getting sucked into animations, making every 3 you put up, ghost fouls, I could go on and on.
I nominate this for one of the top ten worst posts on OS.

# 86 Melbournelad @ 11/20/13 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Are you actually serious? Please tell me your joking.

"2k has never played realistically, and it never will."

Firstly, I know probably about 2 million people who disagree with you. 2K is not perfect by any means but you better be damn sure it plays realistic. Especially when you are comparing against NBA Live. Don't try and act like you have a brain and say Live plays more realistic. That would be hypocritical. Secondly, do you have a PS4 and NBA 2K14? It is easily the most realistic basketball game ever made. I don't even need to back this up. All you have to do is play it and you'll understand. Saying "and it never will" makes you look like the biggest live fanboy to ever grace the earth. You are literally saying NBA 2K will never play realistic because your love for Live won't let you believe it. Sad..sad...sad.

"Players are uncontrollable because they are to loose."

Mind explaining what that even means? Sounds like the last NBA 2k you played was 2k3. Tell me exactly how they are uncontrollable? The control list in 2k14 is the deepest in any basketball game ever made. If I want a player to do a between the legs, spin move to a step back jumper, I CAN PERFORM THAT EXACT MOVE!

What does "to loose" Even mean? Firstly, you are forgetting an o, but that's beside the point as it seems basic knowledge escapes you. Having the players feel loose and uncontrollable are pretty much two opposites in video games. If a player is loose it means they are free to perform any action at any time which is the opposite of uncontrollable. If you had actually played 2k14 you would know they have almost nailed this aspect perfectly. Much Better than any NBA video game to date, by about 1000%.

"Players sliding around the court, getting sucked into animations"

I take back what I said earlier about you playing NBA 2K3. I now realize your last game was NBA 2K9. I will be the first person to say that game was a slippery can animation disaster. Sure it was fun, but it wasn't realistic.

IF YOU PLAY NBA 2K14 FOR PS4 YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT TELL ME THAT PLAYERS ARE SLIDING AROUND THE COURT!!!!!! You just can't.

"Players sliding around the court"That is an absurd comment. Even more absurd when we are mentioning NBA Live in the conversation. Heck, I'd even say 2k9 has better foot planting than NBA Live 14. I played the demo for 2 hours tonight and didn't see one movement that resembled human physical structure and anatomy. You actually want to bring up foot planting and compare Live to 2k. You Sir, you have gone full ******.

"I could go on and on"

Oh please do, it gives me an opportunity to practice my writing skills and have fun at the same time! It's a win win situation. At least for me that is.
I nominate this for one of the best posts in the Live forum.

# 87 adub88 @ 11/20/13 09:14 AM
I really applaud anyone for being extremely optimistic if they think that this game is going to catch up to 2k. I could barely play this for 2 minutes. Competition is good is good, but this game isn't any competition. For all the time they had to make this game, I expected much different results.

# 88 H to the Oza @ 11/20/13 09:18 AM
The game wasnt terrible! Dare I say... Kind of fun. It has a lot to improve no question, but there is a solid base built in there. If I could use a Richter scale to rate these games, I would give Live a 5.5 and 2K an 7.5. Thats still a HUGE difference on this scale. If anyone is not familiar with a Richter Scale, here it is.

# 89 thedream2k13 @ 11/20/13 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
2K has never played realistically, and it never will. Players are uncontrollable because they are to loose, once you get going one way, it's impossible to go the other. Players sliding around the court, getting sucked into animations, making every 3 you put up, ghost fouls, I could go on and on.
Yet your avatar is a 2k NEXTGEN pic and if u had the ps4 version you would be amazed at the player control and gameplay

# 90 otek @ 11/20/13 09:50 AM
Live 14 plays similar to NBA 2k14 on iPad. PERIOD
Bravo EA.

# 91 Drewski @ 11/20/13 10:49 AM
Played one quarter and couldn't finish the demo game. Backed out and decided to try Resogun with my spare time (don't have much nowadays and couldn't justify another minute playing Live).

I popped the Live demo in immediately after finishing up a game in 2K and... well. My brother and I played, so I did not play against AI.
  • The crowd, arena and environment felt dead. Playing in MSG felt like playing in a high-school gymnasium. This isn't immersive, this is depressive.
  • There is absolutely no fluidity between animations and the visuals pull you out of the experience. The game is clearly lacking transitional animations and it's glaring.
  • The ball floats on passes and shots. The ball doesn't look natural once it leaves the shooters' hands, and it's hard to explain what exactly it looks like. I guess the best way to put it is it looks like it's being shot from a slingshot, not being released from a player's hands.
  • Players are indistinguishable while playing aside from Melo (head band) and Tyson Chandler (large).
  • Sliding is everywhere. This does not have the control that 2K has and it really isn't even close.
  • The commentary is disconnected and is not warm. It feels like a video game picking through a few quotes. You can feel the stop and start.

I will not play the demo again, and I wouldn't bother playing this game if it was given to me for free. There's a clearly superior product out there and EA didn't bring the fire, let alone matches to start one.

Good day good sirs.

# 92 RipCityAndy @ 11/20/13 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
I nominate this for one of the top ten worst posts on OS.
Looks like you haven't read enough OS posts

# 93 MEEKS973 @ 11/20/13 02:18 PM
Finally got to the demo.

I'd give the game a 6/10. The game seems fun and if you actually learn how to play, I believe the game could be a solid one. There are some things in the game a patch can and can't fix. I'm glad ea got the product out and let guys play it and give their feedback. Hopefully they come back with a better game for live 15, if there will be one.
As far as graphics go. I don't really see them improving player models. I believe that is EA models. I'm interested to see how they go about that next year

# 94 Earl1963 @ 11/20/13 03:02 PM
No wonder this game was such a secret. Played the demo and it was pretty horrible.

+atmosphere, swish of the net, floor spacing.

-everything else you can think of.

This game should have been cancelled.

# 95 RipCityAndy @ 11/20/13 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
I nominate this for one of the best posts in the Live forum.
Looks like you haven't read enough good OS posts either

# 96 nick_sr @ 11/20/13 08:06 PM
if only you guys can see the smile on my face. never in my wildest dreams did I ever think live was going to be this good. live 14 is exactly how basketball should be played. Just wish ea could do something with the speed of the game.

# 97 fluent2332 @ 11/20/13 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
if only you guys can see the smile on my face. never in my wildest dreams did I ever think live was going to be this good. live 14 is exactly how basketball should be played. Just wish ea could do something with the speed of the game.
Please tell us more. What exactly do you like about it, how does the AI play, is the game sluggish or is it simply a case of not learning the ins and outs, etc.

# 98 King_B_Mack @ 11/20/13 08:35 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Please tell us more. What exactly do you like about it, how does the AI play, is the game sluggish or is it simply a case of not learning the ins and outs, etc.

Mannnnn...at least you're happy though.

# 99 Jano @ 11/20/13 08:48 PM
Quote:
This post literally made me burst out in laughter. Nick I'm glad you are enjoying the game though.

Hopefully you can provide the guys at EA with some good feedback for 15.

# 100 bateman11 @ 11/20/13 09:02 PM
I mean.. I don't really know what to say about this game. It's not even on the level of Live 10 in terms of gameplay/graphics. The framerate is terrible and players look awful when they aren't being shown up close.

I had one of my buddies score 64 points with Melo while hitting 19 threes. With the way teams construct their offense on every possession, he would simply pass the ball to Melo on the wing and shoot a contested three nearly every possession, and hit 19-28 from 3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.