Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

There are many issues that prevent NBA 2K14's My Team mode from being fun: unreliable servers, online input lag, unreasonable card prices, a lack of compelling single player content, duplicate players that must be immediately discarded, no way to trade, sell or buy cards directly from other users.

Read More - NBA 2K14: Would a Salary Cap Help MyTeam?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Altohombre @ 02/11/14 10:58 AM
Sounds good to me

# 2 juice2142 @ 02/11/14 01:13 PM
Great idea. More needs to be done to these modes. FIFA has online seasons which is great. Allowing a friend to play on your team (couch co-op) is important. Even better if they allow online play that way. And having a salary cap should be required in all of these modes. Unfortunately, i dont think they will because it might decrease amount of money people put into these modes. There really isn't any team creativity in it. Just spend money, get the best players, and play.

# 3 snyder2nyce @ 02/11/14 03:10 PM
I played myteam 2k13 on ps3 with a 500vc salary, RusselW VernonMAx GGreen Kemp Bill rusell and pretty much destroyed all my opponents If your salary is over 1000 and more than 4 gold players, your just another hop steppin 7footer.

# 4 j3nkins29 @ 02/11/14 04:32 PM
I definitely wish there was salary cap, or like you said in the article a limit to how many gold players you can play in a game. After playing and getting 3 stars for every team in domination mode, I have stopped playing My Team because I don't want to go online and just face all these "super teams." For my own team I use a mix of players instead of using all gold players, I wish more people did this as well.

# 5 I.B.Foolin @ 02/11/14 06:02 PM
Idc for the salary and that doesn't deter ppl from spending money for 'super teams'. Personally I just don't play with legends just with current players. I think they should have a match search where there might be a team criteria so you can set how many gold players or sapphire you play.

# 6 XXstormmXX @ 02/11/14 06:19 PM
I don't really get what's so bad about super teams as long as they're not matched up against non-super teams.

# 7 imfromhoiland @ 02/11/14 08:04 PM
I don't think there has to be a "salary cap", but there should be a separate mode that is a little more realistic.

I would make it so that the top 7-8 players on the team, ratings wise, would have to be below a certain average. This basically means that if you want to stack a team with a few superstars, the rest of your team would have to be pretty poor so you'd be sacrificing a lot.

For example, let's say that the average rating of your top 8 players would have to be below 84. This would mean to balance out a 99 overall Michael Jordan you would need a very mediocre player in your top 7.

# 8 cardinalbird5 @ 02/11/14 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
I don't really get what's so bad about super teams as long as they're not matched up against non-super teams.
It is boring and offers no variety, so hence the term "MyTeam" is a bit of contradiction. It should be called "Everyone's Team".

Yeah facing West/MJ/KD/Russell/Wilt every game is a lot of fun.

# 9 imraged @ 02/11/14 11:56 PM
I just got into MyTeam recently and in just my second game I went up against a guy with:

Magic/Parker
Jordan/West
LeBron/George/Pippen
Aldridge/Nowitzki
Wilt

# 10 david20lampton @ 02/12/14 12:54 AM
The thing that is most appealing to the main buyers/owners of the NB2K franchise is that you can put all of your favorite all time greats on one team. With a cap your options are limited. The main audience is not simulation gamers (its really not close) and the idea of a cap makes it exactly that.The mode is not meant to be an association style game mode (they have that with a cap if you want). I like it just the way it is and I'm positive that it will stay that way for awhile.

# 11 mayos1010 @ 02/12/14 09:56 AM
Stop being able to buy your team, if ya earned them, yeah i can live with getting man handled by the legends. i just refused to pay for VC. OH!! on a side note in MyGm, why do i have pay VC to earn a skill just so you can charge me more VC to use it? F*&K!!! thats annoying, If 2k15 does this bull, i think im out.

# 12 imfromhoiland @ 02/12/14 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
It is boring and offers no variety, so hence the term "MyTeam" is a bit of contradiction. It should be called "Everyone's Team".

Yeah facing West/MJ/KD/Russell/Wilt every game is a lot of fun.
Not everyone is that line up, as mine is:

Hardaway/MJ/Wilkins/Kemp/Russell

# 13 I.B.Foolin @ 02/12/14 12:41 PM
I got 3 different lineups no duplicates and no legends. The lineup I rock with the most

Jrue/Kobe/George/Melo/Dwight but the other two are

Steph/Wes Matthews/Rudy/KG/Marc

DWill/Harden/Iggy/Love/Tyson

# 14 cardinalbird5 @ 02/12/14 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfromhoiland
Not everyone is that line up, as mine is:

Hardaway/MJ/Wilkins/Kemp/Russell
You get my point. There are about 15 players you constantly see in everyone's lineup. At least in MUT you have some variety although the teams are stacked.

MyTeam is just a poorly executed cash cow that people, including myself, fall for and waste their time/money on it.

There is no longevity to it. Play MUT or MLB the Show's Diamond Dynasty and you'd never want to come back to this mode again.

# 15 Ermolli @ 02/12/14 10:59 PM
I wish there was a salary cap since I believe it'd add more strategy to the mode by picking better players that work together without stacking it, it would bring more parity between players who buy the packs and the ones who grind through the mode to get good players and it'd make more sense to have a good bench instead of playing the starters all game.

# 16 rcb4th @ 03/17/14 02:10 PM
Honestly, I believe this would hinder the game. I don't own a superstar team like those described and play pretty well. I have most of my bench players out on the court just as much as my star starters and have not lost to any teams, yet, take in to consideration that I am only in the 5th seed.

# 17 HowDareI @ 03/17/14 02:44 PM
Salary cap would definitely help..would actually make these people use some sort of a strategy when building a team.

It's not fair when I'm in the 8th seed and my best player is Monta Ellis by far, and I go up against some crazy lineup of the top 5 players of all time lol.

It's funny because even with the cheesy teams I haven't actually lost a game so far (in the 6th seed currently) but it would definitely make playing the game more enjoyable because I wouldn't have to play so fake to get these wins.

# 18 cj23mj @ 05/18/14 03:56 PM
2K should have the "Road to the Playoffs" mode with a salary cap, along with unranked online matches where players can make their superstar dream teams and go up against other superstar teams.

# 19 BluFu @ 05/19/14 06:05 PM
Quote:
Restricting the number of superstars per team would cause starting lineups to more closely resemble a real NBA roster, plus it would also allow My Team newcomers to field a competitive squad without having to spend millions in virtual currency.
haha yep. don't expect any changes soon guys. this is the whole point of MyTeam.

# 20 ILookLike @ 06/03/14 06:13 PM
MUT blows 2k MyTeam and MyGM out the water. Can't even compare the 2. You can buy 1 10k vc gold pack and get literally 1 player, 1 contract, maybe 2 jerseys you already have. In MUT, if you had the equivalence of 10k VC, you'd be getting 4+ players, jerseys, contracts, GM's, stadiums, collectibles. Even though EA is not that great at sports, they value their customers and give you what you pay for. Not the BS 4.99 for 1 player, 1 contract, 1-2 random jerseys.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.