Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show is reporting to Spring Training tomorrow with an extensive reveal and an actual release date expected to (finally) be announced. We are expecting videos, hands-on details, and probably a fact sheet with a full list of features for this year's game to be revealed.

We don't know if we'll get any PS4 info from tomorrow or not, but we are certainly hopeful!

What are you expecting to be announced tomorrow? What do you want to see out of this year's game?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/12/14 04:59 PM
I am hoping for an upgrade program from ps3 to ps4 if dates are different or a preorder special price for both.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 62 juice2142 @ 02/12/14 05:15 PM
DIAMOND DYNASTY UPDATES!!! yes- in all caps

# 63 New_Yorker_718 @ 02/12/14 05:35 PM
I'll throw my prediction on the release dates.

PS3 &Vita - March 18th

PS4 - April 8th

Would also like to see the ability to create your own batting stance, enhanced stats, improved baserunner ai, much improved announcing (less repetitive, pls) and the one thing i hated about last years game was that the older players' abilities decreased way too quick.

Have it pre-ordered for the PS4, can't wait to see what they show us tomorrow.

# 64 zippy2212 @ 02/12/14 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
I could be the only one who wants this, but.....Editable Coaches, especially the Free Agent ones.
Your not the only one. I'm pretty easy, I want this and the ability to import individual players into existing franchises.

Plus of course everything everyone else wants!!!! Jk

# 65 jacory12 @ 02/12/14 06:01 PM
I expect my classes to be cancelled because of snow, and myself to be sitting at home on my computer repeatedly checking my twitter feed waiting for greatness to appear.

Hallelujah, The Show is here.

# 66 BaylorBearBryant @ 02/12/14 06:16 PM
Open and closed stadiums have been way overdue.

# 67 ShowTyme15 @ 02/12/14 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Open and closed stadiums have been way overdue.
I'm with you on this (along with many others), but we may have to wait another year on that. I'm hopeful though.

# 68 chisox23 @ 02/12/14 06:32 PM
give me fireworks and scoreboard going off on homeruns at the cell PS4 should look real good

# 69 BSUFAN @ 02/12/14 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
For whatever it's worth, I just called my GameStop and asked him for the release date for the PS4 version. He said April 1st. I asked him if that was official and not a placeholder. He said yes, it is official.

Obviously we'll know tomorrow, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 70 ShowTyme15 @ 02/12/14 06:45 PM
Someone on T.J. Lauerman's twitter feed mentioned something about MLB 14 the Show leaks today. Idk if it's anything serious or not, but I thought it was interesting though.

# 71 SVCbearcat10 @ 02/12/14 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
In honor of Festivus, there should be a separate thread for the airing of grievances. That should be where all the people disappointed with the reveal should go.

# 72 johnlnames @ 02/12/14 07:27 PM
I've been dreaming of a stadium creator since the last MVP Baseball game. It would be a perfect asset with diamond dynasty and franchise mode.

# 73 MrOldboy @ 02/12/14 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Someone on T.J. Lauerman's twitter feed mentioned something about MLB 14 the Show leaks today. Idk if it's anything serious or not, but I thought it was interesting though.
He was referring to the "leaked" info of how impressed a few people who saw them were. Its just a thred on GAF where someone posted those impressions. Nothing even close to resembling a leak.

# 74 Dodgersnlakers109 @ 02/12/14 07:45 PM
Since we can't add music and crowd chants on PS4 I hope they amped up the crowd chants and environment certain chants for certain players "tulo" ect.....they always sounded weak to me, I want to here the difference in the crowd between a wild card game and world series game 7 bases loaded also presentation and commentary I want to know when I've broken a record announcers need to be more dynamic in a franchise more stats. In road to the show bring the commentary back and increase presentation now I doubt I'll find out all that tomorrow but these are things I hope they did to take a game that's damn near perfect to the next level

# 75 kvnm77 @ 02/12/14 07:48 PM
I hope that we are so in awe by what we see for PS4 that it'll take until 2015 before anybody even thinks of the words 'release date' again.

# 76 scottborasjr @ 02/12/14 08:57 PM
Any twitter handles you guys can recommend to follow for tomorrow's news? I follow the official MLB the Show feed and Steve_OS. Any other good ones? I'll be stuck at work so my best chance to see the information quick will be checking twitter every now and then.

# 77 Kalkano @ 02/12/14 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Not on the PS4 since it doesn't support audio playback. Hopefully this is fixed by Sony in the future.

Actually, I'm hoping for a patch right around release, that San Diego Studios is well aware of, and prepared for.

# 78 BSUFAN @ 02/12/14 09:01 PM
I actually play " The Show " for the enjoyment of baseball , I don't play it for the music but that's just me

# 79 ChadNikk @ 02/12/14 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgersnlakers109
Since we can't add music and crowd chants on PS4 I hope they amped up the crowd chants and environment certain chants for certain players "tulo" ect.....they always sounded weak to me, I want to here the difference in the crowd between a wild card game and world series game 7 bases loaded also presentation and commentary I want to know when I've broken a record announcers need to be more dynamic in a franchise more stats. In road to the show bring the commentary back and increase presentation now I doubt I'll find out all that tomorrow but these are things I hope they did to take a game that's damn near perfect to the next level
The TULO chant was always the first thing that I put in on Sounds of the Show! Ha! You read my mind! Definitely hoping for some player specific chants (if we can't put them in ourselves).

# 80 Dodgersnlakers109 @ 02/12/14 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
I actually play " The Show " for the enjoyment of baseball , I don't play it for the music but that's just me
It actually really adds to the game though the team chants hearing your teams music when you hit a HR places like Fenway that one song they play win they win I forgot the name but gives it such an authentic feel. also I like hearing "you do steroids!" when arod came up to bat

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.