Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

We have just received the MLB 14 The Show fact sheet. It's definitely much smaller than any previous year.

UPDATE: Was just notified this isn't the full fact sheet. It will be released on Monday.

2014 marks the debut of MLB 14 The Show on the PlayStation®4 system, harnessing the platform’s next-gen horsepower to deliver an unmatched presentation. Player models benefit from huge advancements in detail, down to the finest hairs on their heads. Photo- realistic stadiums boast four times the texture resolution, with each scene jumping in polygon count from 150,000 to over 1 million. Vastly improved 3D crowds are more lifelike and varied than ever; 42 different crowd member models jump to 1,000 on the PS4 system, each of which are comprised of 10,000 polygons, up from 1,600 last gen. A wealth of new animations, grass rendered down to the last blade, new intro fly-ins, and many other enhancements on the PS4 system bring the atmosphere to life more effectively than ever.

Over 40 additions, improvements, and innovations abound this season, including: Quick Counts offer full season enthusiasts a chance to cut the duration of a complete game in half with statistically generated pitch counts; Year-to-Year Saves complement the existing Cross Save feature, ensuring the time invested in 2014 can be carried into next year’s game; Online Franchise, coupled with vastly improved netcode, makes it possible to share the thrills and surprises of The Show’s acclaimed Franchise mode with other fans; and Universal Profile, which builds a virtual manager based on the user’s tendencies and tactics, allowing for more meaningful online competition when one player can’t participate in real-time and needs a simulated version of themselves to fill in.

Loaded with a slew of heavily anticipated enhancements—which also include a completely rebuilt, extremely responsive UI and a refined Road to the Show mode—this year’s entry in the heralded franchise is unequivocally the definitive baseball sim, handily proving that the best place to play America’s pastime in 2014 is on PlayStation.

KEY FEATURES
  • Next Generation Baseball Has Arrived – MLB 14 The Show makes its next-gen debut on the PS4 system, utilizing the system’s vast resources to deliver exceptionally detailed and fluid gameplay. With improvements to presentation, a wealth of added animations, and a dramatic increase in environment and player detail, we are setting out to create the best-looking and best-playing baseball sim ever created.
  • Year-to-Year Saves (All platforms) – For the first time in franchise history, saves can be carried over from MLB 14 to future releases of The Show, meaning that gamers won't have to worry about starting their Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over in years to come.
  • Player Lock (All platforms) – The new Player Lock feature (a.k.a RTTS anywhere) gives users the ability to lock-on to any single player and enter games using the Road to the Show gameplay mechanic, allowing for faster games and more focused on-field action.
  • Quick Counts (All platforms) – Users will now be able to play a full nine-inning game in less than 30 minutes, half the time it takes in previous iterations of The Show. Despite the shortened game durations, realistic stats will not be compromised.
  • Universal Profile (PS3 & PS4) – A new tendency-tracking system monitors and records gamers’ unique playing styles. Those patterns are stored in the Universal Profile, which can be viewed by anyone looking to get a quick scouting report on the player. The Universal Profile can also be subbed in in place of a CPU opponent in Diamond Dynasty and Online Franchise, making for more realistic head-to-head matchups when schedules prevent synchronous play.
  • Community Challenges (PS3 & PS4) – Players will be able to freely toy and tinker with game situations and scenarios on the fly, whether that’s the inning, score, who’s on base, or where the ball is hit. These custom situations can be bundled with a creative set of goals and put forth as a challenge to the community, whether it’s to relive the past, change history, or dream of new possibilities.
  • Online Franchise (PS3 & PS4) – Finally, Franchise mode can be shared with friends online, with most of the features from the offline version making the transition, including Scouting, the Amateur Draft, Free Agency and CPU Trades. The mode will remain highly customizable as scheduling, divisions, postseason spots and more are all commissioner options.
  • Stubs (All platforms) – Playing games in MLB 14 The Show rewards players with Stubs. Stubs can be used to purchase additional in-game content – like Road to the Show training points – or used in our new mode, Community Challenges. Stubs can be earned in any mode, and they are not required to progress through a mode. You can still purchase additional in-game content through the PlayStation Store.
  • Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings (PS3 & PS4) – In this mode, a player’s team is always looking for opportunities to challenge other users in an offline setting, which allows the user to earn bonus rewards the next time they log in. When online, the player has the opportunity to challenge other user-created teams in an offline game where the CPU controls their team. Players can only benefit positively in this mode even if their team does not perform up to their normal standards.

PlayStation 3,PlayStation Vita Release Date - April 1st, 2014

PlayStation 4 Release Date - May 2014

Rated “E” for Everyone

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 RyanLaFalce @ 02/16/14 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
a little under 24 hours till the fact sheet!
Is there a specific time it will be released?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

# 162 seanjeezy @ 02/16/14 11:15 AM
Here's an article about how frequently the roof is closed at Safeco.. It's usually pretty dry here from May to September, so no surprise for me at least.

# 163 MrOldboy @ 02/16/14 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Here's an article about how frequently the roof is closed at Safeco.. It's usually pretty dry here from May to September, so no surprise for me at least.
That's about what I'd guess as well, maybe more than my guess actually honestly. I play most of my games at Wrigley (RTTS and Franchise), but I completely understand why closed roofs has been an important topic for a lot of people. 23% of home games is quite a bit if you think about it.

# 164 ShowTyme15 @ 02/16/14 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I just hope they created Chase Field with the roof closed this time. Like, if there was an option to just have one or the other as they rebuilt them, having it closed would be more appropriate. They do that more often anyway, and it just looks better when all of those panels close up in center field as well.
They only keep the roof closed during the summer months and when it rains. (monsoon season June-August and extremely hot weather as well)

# 165 thaSLAB @ 02/16/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffster
I really don't understand how making the grass and gloves more realistic is more important than eliminating the blatantly unrealistic things like the roof never being closed in Houston or Miami.
The roof never being closed in Houston actually isn't that unrealistic lol. Mr. Crane is a stickler for his cooling costs.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

# 166 mooch49 @ 02/16/14 04:27 PM
This may be a stupid question being both systems have different save structures. But I'll ask anyway. Can saves from the PS3 version be used on the PS4. I know rosters are, but what about franchises.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

# 167 mooch49 @ 02/16/14 04:37 PM
So you can continue a franchise started on the ps3 then resume it on the ps4. That's awesome and gives people a reason to still buy the ps3 version. I wasn't if you couldn't. Great job SCEA. Now they will get my money for both

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

# 168 Blzer @ 02/16/14 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
They only keep the roof closed during the summer months and when it rains. (monsoon season June-August and extremely hot weather as well)
That sounds like the majority of the time to me.

I mean this won't much matter in 2015. I just think that Chase Field (and probably Miller Park, Minute Maid Park, and Marlins Park as well) tend to have their roof closed more often than they have it open. I don't have any actual statistics on that though (and I'm not convinced about Minute Maid at all, I was just saying that).

It was definitely annoying in World Series Baseball 2K3 when Safeco Field was always closed, though. That just didn't seem right for that park.

# 169 ShowTyme15 @ 02/16/14 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That sounds like the majority of the time to me.

I mean this won't much matter in 2015. I just think that Chase Field (and probably Miller Park, Minute Maid Park, and Marlins Park as well) tend to have their roof closed more often than they have it open. I don't have any actual statistics on that though (and I'm not convinced about Minute Maid at all, I was just saying that).

It was definitely annoying in World Series Baseball 2K3 when Safeco Field was always closed, though. That just didn't seem right for that park.
Yeah i know what you mean, but at Chase field the roof is open in April and May as well September, unless the weather is bad. They actually open the roof at night during the summer as long as the weather is okay. I only know this because I lived in Phoenix and have been to plenty of Dbacks games and I worked a block away from the Stadium. The Astros owner said they want to open the roof up more this year. They usually have it closed more than open. I get your point though with the old Safco back in the day. I want open/closed roofs myself I'll keep pushing that until it happens. Pretty annoying in my Mariners franchise in 13 with it raining in Seattle.

# 170 RJ_Teets @ 02/16/14 06:46 PM
Thank you makers of MLB 14: The Show! It looks really awesome and I can't wait until April 1st for the PS3. Now I'm going to have to get a PS4 for Christmas this year so I can the game for it (Love those graphics on PS4) and continue on with the series! You guys did great with MLB 13: The Show! Keep up the excellent work!

R.J.

# 171 tnixen @ 02/16/14 06:48 PM
Anyone here excited to see the Full Fact Sheet tomorrow?

I hope there will be a few nice surprises in store for us

# 172 RyanLaFalce @ 02/16/14 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Anyone here excited to see the Full Fact Sheet tomorrow?

I hope there will be a few nice surprises in store for us
I was just thinking of this. What time do you think it'll be out?

# 173 tnixen @ 02/16/14 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
I was just thinking of this. What time do you think it'll be out?

My guess late afternoon say around 5PM EST

# 174 RyanLaFalce @ 02/16/14 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
My guess late afternoon say around 5PM EST
Can't wait for it. I'm hoping we get an answer on the upgrade discount question. I'm also hoping the PS4 version will have dedicated servers or something close to it.

# 175 chaz526 @ 02/16/14 07:44 PM
I'm hoping it'll be available at 9am like the last reveal was on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 176 nemesis04 @ 02/16/14 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz526
I'm hoping it'll be available at 9am like the last reveal was on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it is coming directly from SCEA I would not expect it until late afternoon or early evening.

# 177 Bobhead @ 02/16/14 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If it is coming directly from SCEA I would not expect it until late afternoon or early evening.
Was just about to say this.

Pretty sure California has a law prohibiting people from waking up before 2 PM.

# 178 RJ_Teets @ 02/17/14 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Was just about to say this.

Pretty sure California has a law prohibiting people from waking up before 2 PM.
Also California is notorious about Proposition 65 regarding cancer! I sometimes wondering if staying on the computer too long could cause cancer! LOL!
Also since Jay Leno has retired from the Tonight Show and the Tonight Show with new Jimmy Fallon has moved to the east coast maybe they can get started earlier who knows.

R.J.

# 179 Jeffster @ 04/05/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
The roof never being closed in Houston actually isn't that unrealistic lol. Mr. Crane is a stickler for his cooling costs.
Well he can expect a bunch of "Where does he think he is, Arlington?" complaints from Houston fans if he leaves it open when it's 100 degrees and humid at game time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.