Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

SCEA just sent us this exclusive MLB 14 The Show PlayStation 4 screenshot of Matt Carpenter from the St. Louis Cardinals.

Click on the lower right side of the image for a higher resolution or just click here.

Your thoughts?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Born Again @ 02/13/14 09:10 PM
Thats what Im talking about! Excuse me while I kiss this guy!

# 2 chaz526 @ 02/13/14 09:24 PM
Is this from before or after the lighting engine changes mentioned yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/14 09:40 PM
I don't know why people are fussing. I love the way this game looks. People need to understand that the game is still 3 months from a finished product and these screens are still early. if the screens look this good early just imagine what the final product is going to look like.

# 4 Factzzz @ 02/13/14 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I don't know why people are fussing. I love the way this game looks. People need to understand that the game is still 3 months from a finished product and these screens are still early. if the screens look this good early just imagine what the final product is going to look like.
The screens definitely look good, my only problem is the way the jerseys look. It doesn't look as bad here, but in some pics it looks really bad.

# 5 seanjeezy @ 02/13/14 09:41 PM
The ball is so clean, needs some mud!

# 6 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/14 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
The screens definitely look good, my only problem is the way the jerseys look. It doesn't look as bad here, but in some pics it looks really bad.
It's still early man plenty of time for them to implement what you're asking for. That's all I'm trying to say.

# 7 BSchwartz07 @ 02/13/14 09:49 PM
Still don't get why Nike is signed on to this game only for undershirts? Only sports game with generic gloves and shoes...

# 8 Knight165 @ 02/13/14 10:04 PM
[/size]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchwartz07
Still don't get why Nike is signed on to this game only for undershirts? Only sports game with generic gloves and shoes...

$$$$$

Perhaps this will help you get it!

M.K.
Knight165

# 9 Playboy™ @ 02/13/14 10:12 PM
maybe i expected to much with the graphics or maybe i saw what 2k did with there graphics and expected something better since scea is the better company. but for a first ps4 game it does look great specially the glove and facial hair, im also happy they fix the grass and the color in fenway.

# 10 burjeffton @ 02/14/14 12:27 AM
Looks great. I've always thought sports games look best in motion, so things will only get better. I understand the May date - These things take time.

My only gripe: No new broadcast crew... Another year of silence for this chap.

# 11 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/14/14 12:55 AM
I'm beginning to think Fenway is the only park available in the PS4 version.

# 12 Drew127 @ 02/14/14 01:55 AM
I feel like the detail in the grass is a little played out. Every screenshot so far has made the grass the focal point. And the dirt is lacking any texture by comparison. The dirt looks like it did on PS3. Still early though and game looks great overall.

# 13 Hockeynut99 @ 02/14/14 02:03 AM
The player models still look the same to me. But the colors look better.

# 14 THESHAMISASHAME @ 02/14/14 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboy™
maybe i expected to much with the graphics or maybe i saw what 2k did with there graphics and expected something better since scea is the better company. but for a first ps4 game it does look great specially the glove and facial hair, im also happy they fix the grass and the color in fenway.
I think were just spoiled as even the PS3 version is still beautiful but Im not liking the morphing , I mean its looks like part ps3 and part ps4 blended together if that makes sense especially the jersey and the body .

# 15 Factzzz @ 02/14/14 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
I think were just spoiled as even the PS3 version is still beautiful but Im not liking the morphing , I mean its looks like part ps3 and part ps4 blended together if that makes sense especially the jersey and the body .
Exactly what i'm thinking. I'm just hoping it's because it's an early build or something.

# 16 THESHAMISASHAME @ 02/14/14 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Exactly what i'm thinking. I'm just hoping it's because it's an early build or something.
But if the ps4 is based off a sort of port from the ps3 version isnt it just gonna be a refined hi def like version of the ps3 in a sense ?

I guess how far they push it matters but what the models and jerseys are from the ps3 version can only be maxed out so far ? right

# 17 dal_hawk @ 02/14/14 04:19 AM
To me his face has a plastic look to it. And the consistent one solid brown color makes his beard painted on.

# 18 jbrock11 @ 02/14/14 08:03 AM
Looks good but they're definitely not gonna be the best looking PS4 sports game like they have been on PS3.

# 19 HustlinOwl @ 02/14/14 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrock11
Looks good but they're definitely not gonna be the best looking PS4 sports game like they have been on PS3.
not what others are saying, see some articles from the web
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...t-looking-game

Quote:
With its graphical splendor lighting up your retinas, it’d be easy to miss all the refinements being packed into this year’s version of MLB ’14: The Show on PS4. But it would be a shame if you did, because the small handful of new features we’ve seen so far look really promising, especially if you’re a big baseball fan with a small window of free time to swing lumber with.

# 20 brettryantalley @ 02/14/14 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
That's what I keep thinking. If this were the cycle we were used to, this would be like getting screenshots in December.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.