Home
The Golf Club News Post

OK - I have just been informed that there will be an email sent over in the next few hours that will provide access to the Golf Club closed beta today. Myself and any others who were lucky enough to gain access will provide what information we can in this thread. Asking questions is not a problem, but understand we may not be able to answer them all. I will post in here as soon as I have the game installed and have spent spent some time with it.

We just ask that you be patient - Thanks!

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bluengold34_OS @ 03/03/14 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
i'm tardy to the party.. been eying this game for a while, but new to the thread.. very cool to see beta gameplay. and yes, i'm excited.

my question is of control.. are you guys who posted video playing with m&kb or controller? i see xbox type controller button overlays on the screen and i realize you can easily plug an xbox controller into your pc.

but the way the GUI displays "A,B,LT,RT"... i think i even saw an "X" and "Y" in a few vids.

you can plug all kinds of controllers into a PC, so i'm just curious why they are using xbox button gui overlays as it seems every gameplay video i've seen (from devs or beta testers) have this.
The game is capable of recognizing multiple controllers right now, but no M&KB yet. In the beta control options are limited, but they have said that options will open up with the retail version.

# 62 CRIP4LIFE @ 03/03/14 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
The game is capable of recognizing multiple controllers right now, but no M&KB yet. In the beta control options are limited, but they have said that options will open up with the retail version.
awesome.. thanks for the response.

i don't suppose there will be an xbox1/ps4 beta?

i'm considering finding out if my doctor can put me into a medically induced coma until this game is released.. lol. i'm fiending for next-gen golf on my ps4/xb1.

# 63 bluengold34_OS @ 03/03/14 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
awesome.. thanks for the response.

i don't suppose there will be an xbox1/ps4 beta?

i'm considering finding out if my doctor can put me into a medically induced coma until this game is released.. lol. i'm fiending for next-gen golf on my ps4/xb1.
LOL love it - after talking to Peter of HB Studios he said he highly doubts that there will be a beta for the consoles. He didn't rule it out, but was not very confident in the idea at all. So time will tell, but don't get your hopes up for a console beta.

# 64 DirtyJerz32 @ 03/03/14 11:50 AM
This is shaping up to be a true sim experience!!!

Great info Bob. Keep it coming!

# 65 bluengold34_OS @ 03/03/14 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
This is shaping up to be a true sim experience!!!

Great info Bob. Keep it coming!
Will do Brother - appreciate the kind words!

# 66 fishepa @ 03/03/14 02:41 PM
Just started folllowing this. When would something like this be coming out for next gen consoles?

# 67 bluengold34_OS @ 03/03/14 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Just started folllowing this. When would something like this be coming out for next gen consoles?
Paul - right now the game has a release date of Spring 2014. I have heard that the closed beta will last about a month, and then the open PC beta will last about a month also. If all goes well, hopefully 3-4 weeks after that - but this is speculation on my behalf. When I talked to Peter at HB Studios he simply said the game will come out in the Spring, but the title has no hard release date as of yet.

# 68 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/03/14 04:11 PM
Quote:
Paul - right now the game has a release date of Spring 2014. I have heard that the closed beta will last about a month, and then the open PC beta will last about a month also. If all goes well, hopefully 3-4 weeks after that - but this is speculation on my behalf. When I talked to Peter at HB Studios he simply said the game will come out in the Spring, but the title has no hard release date as of yet.
Time to start the 'Release Pool'

Put me down for Tuesday, May 20th.

# 69 bluengold34_OS @ 03/03/14 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Time to start the 'Release Pool'

Put me down for Tuesday, May 20th.
I was curious why you haven't put your name in on the OS Golf Club Tour yet, stickied at the top - do it man!

# 70 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/03/14 04:30 PM
Quote:
I was curious why you haven't put your name in on the OS Golf Club Tour yet, stickied at the top - do it man!
Thanks for the heads up on that, Chiefy. I hadn't seen it.

# 71 DirtyJerz32 @ 03/03/14 05:01 PM
As long as I don't see guys with scores like 20 under I'm good to go.

I loved TW golf and the OS club, but hitting those low score made the game really boring and not fun. Hopefully this won't happen with this game.

I know it's a video game, but I want it be more true to the sport video game.

# 72 bluengold34_OS @ 03/03/14 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
As long as I don't see guys with scores like 20 under I'm good to go.

I loved TW golf and the OS club, but hitting those low score made the game really boring and not fun. Hopefully this won't happen with this game.

I know it's a video game, but I want it be more true to the sport video game.

Depending on the course I have hit between -5 as my lowest score and as high as +18

# 73 DirtyJerz32 @ 03/03/14 05:29 PM
Quote:
Depending on the course I have hit between -5 as my lowest score and as high as +18
That double digit is what I like to see. I'm not saying shooting -10 or -11 isn't possible or realistic, I'm just saying I shouldn't be shooting that all the time. IMO, there's no fun in that. So making the courses harder will be great with the CAC feature.

Imagine the possibilities on placing bunkers, high rough areas, water hazards, etc... It's going to be great.

So far, this is has moved to #3 on Kenny Mack's gotta have it list.

# 74 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/03/14 05:48 PM
Quote:
+18?? Daaaaamn.....the track started off as 18 holes and Bob left it with 259

j/k buddy....I fully expect to post **** rounds while we all get used to it, like when we first started w/TW on the highest level.

# 75 bluengold34_OS @ 03/03/14 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
+18?? Daaaaamn.....the track started off as 18 holes and Bob left it with 259

j/k buddy....I fully expect to post **** rounds while we all get used to it, like when we first started w/TW on the highest level.
Brother - this game may have a Tiger Woods look and feel to it, but you better focus on every shot if you expect to hit par or lower on the medium to tougher courses.

# 76 DivotMaker @ 03/03/14 11:12 PM
Quote:
but you better focus on every shot if you expect to hit par or lower on the medium to tougher courses.
I hope you are right, but I will believe it when I see it for myself....

# 77 bluengold34_OS @ 03/04/14 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I hope you are right, but I will believe it when I see it for myself....
Well I can't speak for everyone - but even in the 3 videos I posted you can see the simple mistakes throughout the rounds - Obviously I am not talking hitting your drive off the tee box, as I have already mentioned multiple times that the difficulty needs to be tweaked here - Most of my mistakes have come from length misjudgment, green approaches, and reading the green incorrectly.

# 78 TheBleedingRed21 @ 03/04/14 04:22 PM
Honestly for a golf game to get the true toughness of it (as much as a video game can)

The removal of the arrow that shows where the ball will land needs to go

They could have a driving range where you can set up your swing and get the distances on your swings so you know that a 7 iron, you hit it say 160-170 yards..

There could be a direction arrow right in front of the ball that shows where you are aiming but no arrow to show where it lands down the hole. Therefore, you have to do like real life and estimate where it will land and adjust accordingly.

The whole arrow showing where it lands decreases the difficulty tremendously IMO.

# 79 Helldogg18 @ 03/04/14 08:23 PM
I'm tickled to death for finally a real golf simulation game to be released...but what's the deal with not being able to set or adjust the green speeds?!? Seems like that would be a no brainier and easy to do...

# 80 bluengold34_OS @ 03/04/14 08:58 PM
I agree with both of the post above - it would be nice to be able to adjust green speeds and remove the arrow - but as I stated earlier we have no access to settings. The final build may offer both of these options, but until then, it's all just speculation.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.