Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 14 The Show screenshots for the Sony PlayStation 4 and let us know your thoughts!

MLB 14 The Show arrives for PS3 and PS Vita on April 1st, while the PS4 version ships on May 6th.

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BravesBoy @ 03/18/14 10:28 PM
Love the J-Hey pic. Game looks amazing, can't wait to see it in motion

# 42 eaw913 @ 03/18/14 10:28 PM
These shots really do look amazing. I just can't fathom how it looks this good in compressed shots on here. Imagine what this thing will look like in motion on a TV... in 60 fps..... 1080p....

# 43 tnixen @ 03/18/14 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

This...I just...I mean...it's so...

wow!

No kidding, many of the pics look great, but this one had me going back to make sure I wasn't seeing things.
Check out the kid in the crowd

Bottom left

# 44 rspencer86 @ 03/18/14 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen

Bottom left
Good eye! Very cool.

# 45 ShowTyme15 @ 03/18/14 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
What r we looking at? I think I'm missing the kid here
White shirt next to dugout wall.

# 46 drsublime @ 03/18/14 10:35 PM
OH MY GAAAAAAAH!

# 47 Formula1Racing @ 03/18/14 10:35 PM
Please stop!!, this is killing me!!!...lol Man!!, those pics look goooood!!!

# 48 xNeurosiis @ 03/18/14 10:39 PM
The screens look great, but they are underwhelming. It's not that I'm a "*****" or anything, but besides the player faces, updated textures, and lighting, the other details don't look too far removed from the PS3 version. Granted, it's a transition year, and I do appreciate what SD Studio has done for this year's iteration of the game, but I'm just not too impressed with these screen shots.

# 49 Foo4Everlong @ 03/18/14 10:40 PM
Screenshots look amazing! Can't wait for May 6th cuz I'm a huge fan of The Show and SCEA first! BUT, It seems like the player accessories are all the same for another year! Why make Feedback threads before the development process if none of it gets used? I hope I'm just jumping the gun and that there are new accessories, gear, shoes, gloves, and so on, and I just haven't seen it yet via video/screenshot. I so appreciate all the hard work the Devs put in regardless, this was just an area that I hope saw some love. I also realize that if it doesn't get in this year that there's an even better chance next year. I hope! Later

# 50 Teigh Cubs Teigh @ 03/18/14 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
Hope the animations are as good as the lighting. A game can look real in still - shots, but animations make or break that.
The animation on the PS3 is pretty darn good in my opinion. I see no reason why it wouldn't be even better on the PS4 this year. FIFA managed to pull off some really impressive animations and I'm very confident that this team is just as (if not more) capable.

As for these screens, some are a little underwhelming...but the ones that are amazing are AMAZING! In motion and on my television I am very positive that this will be one of the most beautiful games out there. Truly impressed.

Holy S! indeed.

# 51 eaw913 @ 03/18/14 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen

Bottom left
It's accurate, too! She's not even looking at the game!

# 52 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 03/18/14 10:41 PM
May 6th please get here already!

# 53 jaiman @ 03/18/14 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

This...I just...I mean...it's so...

wow!

No kidding, many of the pics look great, but this one had me going back to make sure I wasn't seeing things.
Do you guys think this is a night game? My guess is yes, by the lighting. And the fact that the other Orioles picture is a night one. If so, it looks excellent.

# 54 RyanLaFalce @ 03/18/14 10:42 PM
I just died and came back to life. Beautiful.

# 55 xNeurosiis @ 03/18/14 10:43 PM
Quote:
I understand this reaction from the earlier screens, but there's something wrong if your still saying that about THESE.
Like I said - I'm not saying these screens are bad AT ALL, personally I'm just a little underwhelmed with them. I think my attitude will change once I get to see the game in motion. I'm still completely excited for it, and my pre-order isn't going anywhere.

# 56 WB1214 @ 03/18/14 10:43 PM
Oh. My. God.

# 57 MrOldboy @ 03/18/14 10:43 PM
Hoping that helmets don't come flying off too often, its awesome they're in, but I hope its subtle addition. Initially I like the sweat on the hats, but noticing it was there at all times really lessened the effect to me.

Its a cool addition so I can see why they want to show it off.

# 58 ShowTyme15 @ 03/18/14 10:44 PM
Quote:
Are we just pointing out there's a kid there? Like proof that Kids' are present this year?
I think that was the point he was trying to make, yes.

# 59 RyanLaFalce @ 03/18/14 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Hoping that helmets don't come flying off too often, its awesome they're in, but I hope its subtle addition. Initially I like the sweat on the hats, but noticing it was there at all times really lessened the effect to me.

Its a cool addition so I can see why they want to show it off.
Unless you're Eduardo Nunez...

# 60 Teigh Cubs Teigh @ 03/18/14 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong
Screenshots look amazing! Can't wait for May 6th cuz I'm a huge fan of The Show and SCEA first! BUT, It seems like the player accessories are all the same for another year! Why make Feedback threads before the development process if none of it gets used? I hope I'm just jumping the gun and that there are new accessories, gear, shoes, gloves, and so on, and I just haven't seen it yet via video/screenshot. I so appreciate all the hard work the Devs put in regardless, this was just an area that I hope saw some love. I also realize that if it doesn't get in this year that there's an even better chance next year. I hope! Later
It's a transition between console generations and they have three games to work on this year for the first time in a few years (since the PS2 iteration was dropped). They had a lot on their plates. Stadiums were completely redone and I'm sure that took the art teams a lot of time to do. They seem to be very responsive to feedback from what I've seen, but in this case they had bigger fish to fry in my opinion.

We'll see if they get to adding a bigger variety of accessories next year (or even this year as you said), but it's not that big of an issue in the grand scheme of things. It may have been on their list, but probably not at the top of it this year around as unfortunate as that may be.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.