Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the top 9 players at each position in MLB 14 The Show (all subject to change before official release on April 1st). A big thanks to NYYanks26, who has confirmed with us that he already has the game and sent us the screenshots.

Alex Rodriguez starts of in Triple-A.

Let the debate begin!

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dalger21 @ 03/25/14 09:00 AM
Don't see very many 99 overall players.

Edit: Actually, only 3 of them.

# 2 SVCbearcat10 @ 03/25/14 09:02 AM
I'm not sold that Beltran is the best RF in the game. I think by season's end, he will regress.

# 3 andrewochs615 @ 03/25/14 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Don't see very many 99 overall players.

Edit: Actually, only 3 of them.

I didn't see very many 90 + guys in general.

# 4 melvo21 @ 03/25/14 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I'm not sold that Beltran is the best RF in the game. I think by season's end, he will regress. Ellsbury seems a bit high to me too. I'd have to check his stats but he only had one great year then has been average the rest (you'll have to fact check me there).
Totally agree with what you said about Beltran

# 5 Scott @ 03/25/14 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewochs615
I didn't see very many 90 + guys in general.
29 total I counted...

# 6 daddies3angels @ 03/25/14 09:21 AM
i love that many 90's. Going to have to go off vitals more and just not OVR. I hate when games every team is loaded with 90's. Actually have to build team up by attributes and what best fits your team.

# 7 andrewochs615 @ 03/25/14 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
29 total I counted...

Guess that's just about 1 from each team, sorry Astros. Down from last year, they changed the rating system didn't they? What exactly did they do?

# 8 WB1214 @ 03/25/14 09:30 AM
Looks pretty good to me. Puig might be a little high, Heyward should be a RF.

The three 99s they chose couldn't be any better.

# 9 alvarasus @ 03/25/14 09:44 AM
The ratings look good. It seems they changed the ratings, which to me is good thing considering that MLB !3 lot of guys in later seasons in franchise would have not great stats and still be rated 99. Plus I see the contracts and a lot big names are signed to contracts longer than year. It drove me crazy when I had resign 90 percent of the team in year one every time I did new franchise.

# 10 MantiMania @ 03/25/14 09:50 AM
LOL@ Bourn being rated the 7th best CF in baseball.

MLB The Show has really nice visuals, and for the most part, really nice sim gameplay, but they need a heavy dosage of 21st century sabermetric-findings and general modern baseball research injected into their games.

# 11 baseballphanatic @ 03/25/14 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantiMania

MLB The Show has really nice visuals, and for the most part, really nice sim gameplay, but they need a heavy dosage of 21st century sabermetric-findings and general modern baseball research injected into their games.
I wanna say The Shredder on MLB Network rated Bourn 8 or 9 overall CF.

# 12 chaz526 @ 03/25/14 09:55 AM
I like the discrepancy in ratings - now any player that is 90+ is truly considered "elite."

# 13 aukevin @ 03/25/14 10:01 AM
Heyward is the Braves' default CF? Guess The Show has given up on BJ Upton too. Wonder who they have in the Braves RF?

# 14 rynecandy @ 03/25/14 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballphanatic
I wanna say The Shredder on MLB Network rated Bourn 8 or 9 overall CF.
James/Hamilton had him 8/10 on their list but he was not to be found in the shredder's list.

# 15 rjackson @ 03/25/14 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantiMania

Nah, Brian_SCEA really impressed me with his knowledge and implementation of saber-inclined translations into this current iteration. Unless you think sabermetrics is just stats and not actually an economic study...

This is from his explanation of updating the CPU plate discipline logic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SCEA
It's important that if you decide to throw more strikes (maybe it's a blowout and you're saving your bullpen for next game), that the CPU hitter gets a hitting advantage in exchange for an increase in strikeouts and decrease in walks. Same vice versa. This is as important as for things to be right on average.

# 16 torpidbeaver @ 03/25/14 10:37 AM
LOL @ A-Rod being in the top 7 of anything other than "best magazine centerfolds."

# 17 The Kid 24 @ 03/25/14 10:39 AM
How is Ryan Braun not in the Top 9 for RF? He'll be a Top 3 RF, if not the best RF irl.

# 18 Lovesports @ 03/25/14 10:43 AM
Very good ratings, I like the lack of mid 90's guys. Makes for a more realistic representation

# 19 SVCbearcat10 @ 03/25/14 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
How is Ryan Braun not in the Top 9 for RF? He'll be in a Top 3 RF, if not the best RF irl.
Braun is a forgotten about man. He paid the penalty for PED use. I think he should be near the top. He's been on fire this spring, showing he is still very talented.

# 20 SVCbearcat10 @ 03/25/14 10:59 AM
Also, I'm not sure how I feel about Cabrera being a 99 overall. Is he currently the best hitter on the face of the planet, absolutely! However, he is a liability on the field playing defense.

Even look at Trout... he has good speed, power, and range. However, he has an average arm at best (maybe below average for CF).

I know I'm knit-picking but I view a 99 as a great at everything. There is no position player today that is a 5 tool player. There are some that are close and deserve and 95 or 96 overall rating, but no 99s.

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.