Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Much like the Nintendo Power Glove, or Panasonic’s decision to charge $699 for its 3DO game console in 1993, certain decisions in the gaming industry seem like a good idea in the board room, but fail miserably when they hit the retail market. At times you want to champion the idea of non-conformity in an industry full of it, and other times you wish you had access to the decision makers who come up with this stuff and ask them simply: why? This subject we deal with today falls more under the innovative category, but despite the valiant effort, the implementation of this idea is where the troubles start.

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Questioning the Online Experience

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jeremym480 @ 05/28/14 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
counting twice in my 4 leagues I have yet to see such a thing
Well I saw all that I needed to see. It could have been that we were trying a Round Robin League or it could have just been bad luck. Either way it sucks when you play a game and the stats count, your record counts, but for whatever reason the game still shows as Playable. If you try to resolve it the stats and record would still count, so you would just get an extra win or loss tacked onto your record.

I mean, we were only two weeks (eight games) into the leauge, so it's not like we have that much time invested.... I'm just not confident enough to try again.

# 22 monk31 @ 05/29/14 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
Operation Sports has conducted several polls over the years and offline always has the higher % of users. But, according to Ramone, only around 10% of The Show users play franchise as the main feature.

#release slow mode
Yes, but this is at least partially a product of the bad online play itself. If the online experience was amazing, MANY users would play online if not exclusively. Its my belief most people try online, hate it and then hardly play it again until the next year.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

# 23 HustlinOwl @ 05/29/14 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk31
Yes, but this is at least partially a product of the bad online play itself. If the online experience was amazing, MANY users would play online if not exclusively. Its my belief most people try online, hate it and then hardly play it again until the next year.

lol I knew this going in at looking at all the new leagues being created here when most if not all never last on OS

# 24 bfindeisen @ 05/29/14 02:59 PM
I would definitely play online more if there were a stinkin' lobby for people who like to play realistically. Totally blown away we still don't have that.

# 25 jeremym480 @ 05/29/14 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk31

If you build it, they will come

If you build it and it's broken, they will leave

# 26 GruffyMcGuiness @ 05/29/14 03:55 PM
I personally bought a PS4 just to play online franchise on The Show.

# 27 HustlinOwl @ 05/29/14 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I personally bought a PS4 just to play online franchise on The Show.
and whats stopping you, see youre currently in two??

# 28 Mizzou24 @ 05/29/14 04:11 PM
Online has it's hiccups but overall it's still really fun. I haven't had too many issues. A couple funny things and maybe one disconnect. Out of one month of games that's not any different than a madden league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 29 OhDaesu19 @ 05/29/14 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Online has it's hiccups but overall it's still really fun. I haven't had too many issues. A couple funny things and maybe one disconnect. Out of one month of games that's not any different than a madden league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have played almost two dozen online league games and for the most part all the games have been buttery smooth. Yes there are "synching" (and morphing) issues - where at times (mainly on errant throws) the person who is batting isn't "seeing what is really happening" on the field which has cost me base running blunders- and yes I had a couple of games disconnects with that stupid error code but even though online is not perfect I have to say I have had a blast playing in my two online leagues. It also helps when the guys in the league are class acts. Unfortunately most folks have posted negative experiences so I must be in the minority of enjoying the online franchise mode.

# 30 aguero90 @ 05/29/14 04:26 PM
I would love to play online, but I can't, because there's no auto fielding. btw, I tried a game just for fun today, I thought you needed ps plus to play online, I don't have it, but was stil able to play a game.

# 31 twinsfan34 @ 06/14/14 09:51 PM
Personally, I have found the Online Franchise is unplayable. The other online features are fine. I'm curious how many people do Online Franchise vs other online components (RTTS, etc).

# 32 HustlinOwl @ 06/14/14 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan34
Personally, I have found the Online Franchise is unplayable. The other online features are fine. I'm curious how many people do Online Franchise vs other online components (RTTS, etc).
not playable lmao have you even played the mode, in 4 leagues now with no issues

# 33 HustlinOwl @ 06/14/14 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
not playable lmao have you even played the mode, in 4 leagues now with no issues
exactly:

http://theshownation.com/players/flightmaestro

# 34 Swanny1818 @ 06/21/14 10:33 AM
I'm extremely disappointed as we are now in the PS4 gen and there are still serious online lag issues with this game. Also, can you no use the headset and talk to friends online when playing? If this is the case another disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 35 Swanny1818 @ 06/21/14 10:33 AM
I'm extremely disappointed as we are now in the PS4 gen and there are still serious online lag issues with this game. Also, can you no use the headset and talk to friends online when playing? If this is the case another disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.