Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The OSFM Hybrid V2 is now released and in the Vault - I have included the description of the roster from the V1 thread below with some updates.

Version 2.1a has been placed in the Vault, called OSFM Hybrid 2014 v.2.1a

It is a slight ratings tweak with +5 added to discipline thanks to Waittilnextyear who came across and found this - it basically get most offensive categories as close to real life as you could want

What is the OSFM Hybrid you ask?

It is the OSFM Full Minors with a full ratings re-rate. It gives a uniform blanket rating system that brings everything together and makes very realistic game play.

What does this include?

The roster is based off the OSFM, which if you don't know is a collection of great contributors, run by Knight165 who create minor league players and major league players who were not included in this game. It is also based off of Knight's OSFM Player Ratings Charts

We have re-rated all stats for both minor leaguers whom we had info for as well as all the SCEA original players who came in the game.

The stats we use are ZiPs preseason ratings created by Dan Szymborski, they are gathered into a spreadsheet and formulated to match ratings values in the game.

All hitting and defense ratings have been changed as well as pitcher ratings including pitch type, control and velocity updates using Seanjeezy's pitch edits

Potentials were also reviewed and altered where necessary.

The roster has accurate 40 man rosters to today's date, as well as accurate as possible hitting lineups and pitching lineups for all levels. Players who are currently on 60 day disabled lists or suspended are not included in their respective teams 40 man roster and can be found on the A ball roster.

Also we have added many AAA and AA players who were not included in the OSFM - some prospects may have been removed or been put in the FA Pool to make room for players who should be in the roster - you really don't want very young top prospects playing in AAA or even AA.

Stance, Motion and Equipment updates were done where we knew changes needed to be made or could be made.

PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT THE OVERALLS FOR PLAYERS AS A WAY TO GUAGE THEIR VALUE Players overalls are weighted by a variety of things based on the position they play. With this re-rate most players did go down in overalls, and really the league balances out to where it should be. Player ratings are what they are. We made some adjustments to physical attributes but the pure stat based attributes are the same base across the board.

This is what the Overalls should represent

90+ - All Star and Superstar Caliber

80+ - high end regulars and All Starts

70+ - everyday players and bench players

60+ - Bench players and career minor league players

50+ - low level prospects and Organization fillers

NEW players updates were included in this roster with the exception of pitchers at this time - aprx 200 updates were applied in this release

A roster like this can't happen without the support of many great individuals whom deserve a ton of credit - I hope I remember everyone and spell their names correct

ttbucsfan001 created our ratings spreadsheet
teeds - my partner in crime, created a ton of players, handled the transactions and organizing of players we needed to create and replace
cultbuscus - spent countless hours creating and helping input ratings
sky63 - assisted for several days importing the OSFM players
DarionC14 - did 90% of the hitter re-rate
mmorg - did most of the OSFM re-rate
totte - helped with testing the roster
davis25 - helped create players
shaneomac - helped with rating and player creations
authentic - ran the pitch edits
Iliveforthis - also on pitch edits
Waittilnextyear - assisted in running a ton of tests and finding/compiling needed corrections
Seanjeezy - his pitch edits make those possible

I ask that if you have constructive criticism that is fine but do not use this thread to complain. There is well over 100 hours poured into this project and several broken relationships and marriages.......lol

The roster is a little late this year, but I am very proud to put my name behind it. I hope everyone enjoys this.

Thank you to all the helpers and the community for helping us along the way with suggestions, transaction updates and just entertaining posts.

Note it is recommended that you play this roster with 30 Team Control - more info to be included shortly

The roster can be found in the Vault under the following name:

OSFM HYBRID 2014 V2.............psn Crapinmyshoe

How to use 30 team control is below

You set you profile up as you want - I tend to leave the banking and crap at auto but any player stuff is set to manual

Setting 2 should be set up as follows

Manual Control - 40 man roster, lineups, trades, waivers, rosters

Auto Control - Banking, Training, Management, Transportation

You can go into Gameplay setting and change injuries on both profiles to manual if you want to do the injuries yourself, off or CPU

I tend to do manual to start the year and disable any players out for the season

If you want to let the CPU make trades - when you start your franchise put CPU trading on but also turn off instant trades - check the transactions in your franchise every day - skim through and cancel any stupid trades the CPU wants to make.

Remember you can change on of the player 2 or your own settings anytime during your franchise

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 441 tonybologna @ 07/09/14 01:02 PM
@teeds:

What is your PSN? I need this so I can have somebody to provide me some CAPS of yours from the vault. Thanks bud!

# 442 teeds @ 07/09/14 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I did Josh Johnson for our first release. Still have him if you don't
Yeah I copied him over to get him some more position flexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
@teeds:

What is your PSN? I need this so I can have somebody to provide me some CAPS of yours from the vault. Thanks bud!
ohtheseblues

# 443 sxaalex @ 07/09/14 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeds
The OSFM Astros are my creation. I worked extensively on them. Weiland is way down on the pecking order organizationally and there's no guarantee he'll make it back. I'll see how he does in AAA before thinking about creating him.
Teeds if you could add Mike Dowd,Steve Baron of the mariners they just release John buck.And the redsox release A.J Pierzynski so you could probably add Jayson hernandez.

# 444 sxaalex @ 07/09/14 07:17 PM
Quote:
I did Josh Johnson for our first release. Still have him if you don't
Willard surprise Arik sikula didn't make the blue jays set .

# 445 Cliffking @ 07/10/14 01:12 AM
have a quick question guys...sorry if i have overlooked this somewhere....does anyone know of any OSFM Hybrid rosters for MLB 13?

# 446 TypicalPhenom @ 07/12/14 09:10 PM
I've never used sliders before. Does it matter what difficulty you play on with the sliders mentioned in this thread?

# 447 dsmith710 @ 07/12/14 09:12 PM
Just curious, any updates on how close this is to being ready?

# 448 WaitTilNextYear @ 07/12/14 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
Just curious, any updates on how close this is to being ready?
No updates. When there is one, it will be posted.

# 449 sxaalex @ 07/13/14 12:31 AM
Another Cuban on his way
Braves Sign Yenier Bello http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...ier-bello.html

# 450 NewNapkin @ 07/14/14 02:00 PM
I've searched this thread many times, and no one has had a definitive answer.

I've used Armor & Sword settings and sliders, classic/timing, auto fielding. Has anyone who uses these settings preferred the sliders in this thread , stats-wise? I see small changes, but don't have the time to get a good enough sample size of test games to see if the Hybrid roster sliders listed here work great the the settings A&S uses.

# 451 Willard76 @ 07/17/14 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxaalex
Willard surprise Arik sikula didn't make the blue jays set .
Blue Jays were tough with all the crap AA picked up off the waiver wires. Plus to this point he has really overachieved. I have created many other Blue Jays prospects in my franchise - he is yet to be done though

# 452 sxaalex @ 07/17/14 01:16 PM
Quote:
Blue Jays were tough with all the crap AA picked up off the waiver wires. Plus to this point he has really overachieved. I have created many other Blue Jays prospects in my franchise - he is yet to be done though
Willard if you can i love if you can up load in the vault matt newman, cory aldridge,yusuf carter(inf/of),kendall graveman(sp). Im not sure if you play minor league just to see how prospect progress in the system beside the astros system the jays has second best farm system.I taught you know AA is waiver wire king.

# 453 Totte @ 07/17/14 02:01 PM
Quote:
Willard if you can i love if you can up load in the vault matt newman, cory aldridge,yusuf carter(inf/of),kendall graveman(sp). Im not sure if you play minor league just to see how prospect progress in the system beside the astros system the jays has second best farm system.I taught you know AA is waiver wire king.

I'm sorry for going off topic here but I gotta ask, what's with the bold text in all of your posts?

# 454 teeds @ 07/17/14 03:22 PM
Update:

Still have the NL East and Central to finish up with edits. Central is about halfway there. Waittilnextyear helped out greatly by going through teams and noting inaccurate info.

I'll throw this out there again... Is there someone that exists out there that can help with appearance edits? As you've probably noticed, many minor leaguers look like troglodytes. I'm doing it myself but it's time consuming. I want to push this roster forward but I need some assistance.

# 455 Willard76 @ 07/17/14 08:57 PM
Quote:
Update:

Still have the NL East and Central to finish up with edits. Central is about halfway there. Waittilnextyear helped out greatly by going through teams and noting inaccurate info.

I'll throw this out there again... Is there someone that exists out there that can help with appearance edits? As you've probably noticed, many minor leaguers look like troglodytes. I'm doing it myself but it's time consuming. I want to push this roster forward but I need some assistance.
I sent you a PM, could not get on to the edits list, I can help with some appearances

# 456 ksig24 @ 07/18/14 11:13 PM
Hey fellas I'm about a week into my 30 team franchise controlling and playing every game on all levels. I was wondering if there was a possibility of perhaps offering some attributes for the following players.

Enrique Rodriguez
David Peralta (not in game)
Kevin Kiermier

Loving the set. Thanks guys.

# 457 teeds @ 07/19/14 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
Hey fellas I'm about a week into my 30 team franchise controlling and playing every game on all levels. I was wondering if there was a possibility of perhaps offering some attributes for the following players.

Enrique Rodriguez
David Peralta (not in game)
Kevin Kiermier

Loving the set. Thanks guys.
Do you mean Enrique Hernandez? I have an updated Hernandez and Peralta in the vault under the psn: ohtheseblues. I've further edited Hernandez for our upcoming roster version, namely small boosts in arm strength, contact, and power. Kiermaier has also received a defensive boost along with updated power and contact ratings. I'm not near my system to get you these ratings but if you pm me I'll get back to you with the new numbers.

# 458 sxaalex @ 07/19/14 02:18 AM
Quote:
Do you mean Enrique Hernandez? I have an updated Hernandez and Peralta in the vault under the psn: ohtheseblues. I've further edited Hernandez for our upcoming roster version, namely small boosts in arm strength, contact, and power. Kiermaier has also received a defensive boost along with updated power and contact ratings. I'm not near my system to get you these ratings but if you pm me I'll get back to you with the new numbers.
It must be taking a toll on you adding new milb players for the Angels farm system seem like AA will be having many new players.http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...om-padres.html

# 459 sxaalex @ 07/19/14 02:21 AM
Just curious teeds is Mike Yastrzemsk (orioles) is in orioles farm system.http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=573262

# 460 teeds @ 07/19/14 08:11 AM
Quote:
It must be taking a toll on you adding new milb players for the Angels farm system seem like AA will be having many new players.http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...om-padres.html
The Angels have definitely been a chore to update with the amount of player moves they've made throughout the organization.

Quote:
Just curious teeds is Mike Yastrzemsk (orioles) is in orioles farm system.http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=573262
Yes he is.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.