Home
News Post

Americans seem to tire quickly of the status quo and there are few things we love more than seeing the guy at the top get torn down. Oh, and we also love sports.

Combine these three aspects and you have a recipe for a surplus of disdain for the two-time defending NBA champions, the Miami Heat.

I was only a kid when Michael Jordan and Co. went on their incredible runs during the 1990's -- but I don't recall the resounding hate for the Bulls like we're seeing with the Heat. At the time it seemed as if America loved to see the dynasty thrive and the greatest of all time continuously claim his crown.

Sound Off: Why does America dislike the Miami Heat?

Game: NBAReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 ex carrabba fan @ 06/08/14 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
KG said all the right things publicly, and gave us some heartfelt interviews and all, but he wanted our of Minny....it's evident by the attitude he's shown toward them since he left...
Even if this were true, which is debatable, KG stuck with that team way longer than anyone could ask for. All respect to him.

# 122 King_B_Mack @ 06/08/14 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Absolutely correct. LeBron's sheer talent actually stunted their growth. Instead of racking up a few more lottery picks they found themselves in the playoffs purely because LeBron was already an All-Star and top player from day 1.

I have no idea as to who was truly available, but all I can do is judge the talent that Gilbert and company put around LeBron. It wasn't pretty, and that's putting it nicely. Trading for a washed up Jamison, a washed up Shaq. Those were pretty much the best moves they could come up with...
Honestly it sounds like the Bulls to me. People like to sit and bag on the talent that LeBron had around him in Cleveland but then get mad at management for not turning that "trash" into all-stars/superstars. If the talent is as bad as everybody likes to say, how the hell were they supposed to flip them into Dwyane Wade/Derrick Rose/Chris Bosh type talent? Free agents won't sign there and you have trash on your roster with no lottery or mid teen draft picks, but go get LeBron some help. Thanks for the answers there esteemed basketball gurus.

# 123 ex carrabba fan @ 06/08/14 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Honestly it sounds like the Bulls to me. People like to sit and bag on the talent that LeBron had around him in Cleveland but then get mad at management for not turning that "trash" into all-stars/superstars. If the talent is as bad as everybody likes to say, how the hell were they supposed to flip them into Dwyane Wade/Derrick Rose/Chris Bosh type talent? Free agents won't sign there and you have trash on your roster with no lottery or mid teen draft picks, but go get LeBron some help. Thanks for the answers there esteemed basketball gurus.
Right, this is what I addressed in my initial post. I think it was definitely a combo of mismanagement and Cleveland simply not having any luck with the draft/luck with getting any big splashes in trades.

Not sure what the last line about esteemed basketball gurus was about?

# 124 King_B_Mack @ 06/08/14 02:48 AM
Quote:
Right, this is what I addressed in my initial post. I think it was definitely a combo of mismanagement and Cleveland simply not having any luck with the draft/luck with getting any big splashes in trades.

Not sure what the last line about esteemed basketball gurus was about?
Wasn't directed at you. Just meant at the typical 'hahaha Cleveland sucks! LeBron played with trash, get better help for him' crowd that never likes to put any context to the situation and act like Cleveland literally just sat around on their asses not trying to do anything to help LeBron.

# 125 ex carrabba fan @ 06/08/14 02:59 AM
I hear you, I don't think Cleveland sat on their hands I just think they didn't get the job done plain and simple. As hard as a task as it might have been with what they had to work with, they did not surround James with adequate support. Which is the reason why, in the end, I do not blame James for wanting to go to a situation where he could guarantee playing with two other All-Stars. You can't compete if you don't have at least two other exceptional support teammates.

# 126 The 24th Letter @ 06/08/14 08:57 AM
Quote:
Even if this were true, which is debatable, KG stuck with that team way longer than anyone could ask for. All respect to him.

What's not debatable are the direct quotes from Garnett though....hard to believe the relationship soured AFTER he left.

I agree though, he did stick around for a while...,didn't even know that was up for debate..

# 127 ProfessaPackMan @ 06/08/14 10:55 AM
Wait...I thought KG's relationship with Minny was fine because I was under the assumption that there was no hard feelings between them, especially judging from the reaction he's gotten every time he's went back to Minnesota since he got traded?

# 128 ProfessaPackMan @ 06/08/14 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Wasn't directed at you. Just meant at the typical 'hahaha Cleveland sucks! LeBron played with trash, get better help for him' crowd that never likes to put any context to the situation and act like Cleveland literally just sat around on their asses not trying to do anything to help LeBron.
Hell, we're seeing it right now happen again with them and Kyrie.

# 129 The 24th Letter @ 06/08/14 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Wait...I thought KG's relationship with Minny was fine because I was under the assumption that there was no hard feelings between them, especially judging from the reaction he's gotten every time he's went back to Minnesota since he got traded?

If it's a relationship, it's am abusive one

Quote:
KG on Minn: “It’s always special to come back to true fans… But as far as that franchise, I have nothing positive to say.”

# 130 ex carrabba fan @ 06/08/14 12:47 PM
We're getting away from the main point. Did KG ask for a trade out of Minnesota? That's the main question. He really didn't ask for a trade until it was apparent that it would be best for both sides. He didn't go out of his way to force the Wolves' hand, he stayed with that team longer than he probably should have. He rode it out as long as he could and there's no proof as to when or if KG exactly sent the message that he wanted to be traded.

Discussing his relationship with the Wolves is really not the same discussion.

From the an article:

Quote:
Gradually, Garnett's relationship with the Timberwolves reportedly soured as the team employed four head coaches in his final three seasons in Minnesota. The team won just 32 games in 2006-07 before trading Garnett to the Celtics for Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair and two first-round draft picks.
Read more at: http://nesn.com/2012/03/kevin-garnet...e-personified/

# 131 ex carrabba fan @ 06/08/14 12:57 PM
This article seems to sum up the situation from 2007. Like I said, it seemed like it was more of an understanding that a trade would be good for both KG and the Wolves. It wasn't really a matter of KG going behind closed doors asking for a trade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2912075

# 132 The 24th Letter @ 06/08/14 01:08 PM
It's all within the realm of the conversation...point it understood.

Fact is, we rarely get a public declaration to be traded from a player. We have no direct quotes either way, all we can do is speculate...

The direct quotes we do have don't point to a happy ending or understanding...all I was saying...

# 133 ex carrabba fan @ 06/08/14 01:15 PM
Right... so all we can go off of is speculation and fact. Fact is Garnett rode it out in Minnesota for a long time. He rejected the initial trade to Boston. He may not have been on good terms with the Wolves as his time there ended but from my view he did not actively seek out of Minnesota. He almost had to be forced out despite his relationship "souring" with the organization.

# 134 The 24th Letter @ 06/08/14 02:19 PM
So you think he went from being so loyal to an organization that he refused to be traded despite their situation, to having nothing nice to say about the organization during his tenure with another team?

We can agree to disagree, just seems like an odd flip, lol

# 135 ex carrabba fan @ 06/08/14 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
So you think he went from being so loyal to an organization that he refused to be traded despite their situation, to having nothing nice to say about the organization during his tenure with another team?

We can agree to disagree, just seems like an odd flip, lol
There is nothing suggesting he was not loyal and there is evidence he was refusing to be traded.

It's really simple actually, he soured on a situation but never forced his way out nor even really actively sought out to be traded. There is no evidence suggesting that KG was the one asking to be traded. Like I said, it became apparent to both KG and the Wolves that a trade was best for both parties. It wasn't so much KG actively saying "trade me".

There's nothing odd about the situation. Even though he has nothing good to say about the organization, that is a separate discussion than whether or not KG was asking to be traded, which was the initial topic to begin with.

# 136 King_B_Mack @ 06/08/14 02:56 PM
Wanting out and asking/demanding out are two different things. Thibs is allegedly unhappy in Chicago and has had his relationship sour with management. Despite the relationship souring, he signed a four year deal to stay in Chicago and if they did trade him, I'm sure he wouldn't have anything positive to say either, but that doesn't mean he asked out of town.

The Boston big 3 and Miami's is not the same, no matter how much we wanna try to make it so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 137 The 24th Letter @ 06/08/14 03:20 PM
They all agreed to play together, therefore it happened, if we want to squabble on differences after that, it's cool. Doesn't make one right or the other wrong.

# 138 King_B_Mack @ 06/08/14 03:34 PM
Three past their prime players agreed to play together. Okay, we'll cut all the context of the situation for just the end results. Still not the same thing as three in their prime all-stars conspiring four or five years prior.

Let's not forget that Chris Paul was apart of the pact as well. The plan was four the big 3 to come together in Miami and the Paul would join them when he became a free agent, but that plan went out the window when the rules were changed in the new CBA

# 139 ojandpizza @ 06/08/14 05:04 PM
How would we know if those 4 guys ever had plans to join together?

# 140 The 24th Letter @ 06/08/14 05:25 PM
I can't counter conspiracy theory's.

All I can speak on is what happened...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.