Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

With EA Sports releasing their first official Madden NFL 15 screenshot earlier this evening, we have posted this image comparing it to Madden NFL 25. The top image was captured from a PS4.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MACNXX3 @ 06/05/14 01:16 AM
Where are the nike gloves are u kidding me reebok gloves again

# 42 MACNXX3 @ 06/05/14 01:26 AM
Where are the nike gloves are u kidding me reebok gloves again

# 43 The Lob Mob @ 06/05/14 02:00 AM
I won't believe this until I see the video, the GAMEPLAY video, that is; EA has doctored things before.

# 44 mestevo @ 06/05/14 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lob Mob
I won't believe this until I see the video, the GAMEPLAY video, that is; EA has doctored things before.
Hardly, the misconception with the RG3 video last year is the difference between in-engine and a production build IMO. Not debating that though as it's a black hole of a tangent.

EIther way, Madden 15 'gameplay' won't look like this, it will look similar to last year, the same way that racing games don't look like their hype screenshots of nice cars, but instead from replays, slow motion, and camera angles you otherwise wouldn't play at. For Madden (and other Sports games) we'll see level of detail used to throttle these visuals back to produce a playable framerate when viewing 22+ of these characters on the screen at one time (in addition to the environments, etc).

I don't doubt this is an in-game screenshot, just wonder what the models and level of detail is at our omniscient coach view as we call plays and snap the ball.

This is a really nice start, on a number of levels.

# 45 Moegames @ 06/05/14 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

With EA Sports releasing their first official Madden NFL 15 screenshot earlier this evening, we have posted this image comparing it to Madden NFL 25. The top image was captured from a PS4.
Gotta give props when props are due...this is darn impressive, i honestly dont doubt these type of visuals from the new consoles now that we are seeing some upcoming games for Xbox One and PS4...especially PS4..some of those upcoming games are visually jaw dropping...so this is what i would expect to see on the new systems and im very happy to see this kind of visuals coming from Tiburon.

One thing im starting to notice is all the PS4 launch games all seemed a bit rushed and not taking advantage of the hardware...now what i see coming blows away all we got from the launch of PS4 and X1.We should expect these kinds of visuals from the hardware they have to work with now...but impressive..very impressive i must say

# 46 khaliib @ 06/05/14 02:33 AM
So what's the point since none of the actual gameplay camera angles don't allow all of these little details to be seen.
So the only thing this can be is another replay or cut scene showcase.

I've always said showcase shots from each playable camera angle and let the pics speak for themselves.
No zooming, enhancements etc...

I like it, but I wish they would fill up the sidelines/make look busier with the same emphasis of detail they put into lighting/shading, tattoo's etc...

It would really make the game pop/stand out like this screenshot, but at the camera angle we're playing from.

# 47 veguss2001 @ 06/05/14 02:50 AM
Looks good but we've been here before. Hoping for the best though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 48 hanzsomehanz @ 06/05/14 03:02 AM
It looks like CK7 was morphed into the picture - something unnatural about him compared to the teammates in the BG.

Its like patching a hole on your sweater w a different color and style of thread: they two clash unnaturally.

There is something unfitting about this screenshot and only a true unveiling of in-game gameplay will give us a verdict.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 49 Bolt957 @ 06/05/14 03:54 AM
Definitely in-game of Madden. If it were CGI, it would have some weird look to it, a la Madden 06 & Madden 25 CGI footage. Kaep's definitely in-game. Nice to also see that tattoos are back in the game. If the gameplay finally makes a successful improvement, this may be a good one, but I have my doubts.

# 50 Lifecns @ 06/05/14 05:16 AM
So, I am guessing that we all forgot about this? http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/madden25ng2.jpg

# 51 Lilgoosy @ 06/05/14 05:34 AM
if you look a this that i am about to tell you, you'll be maybe a little mad:

look on CK7 right shoulder, you can see the shadow of his helmet actually projecting very well on his shoulder pad but ... look again, there's a piece of this shadow floating, a black portion of shadow that looks trimmed from another screenshot and copied on this one.

anyone is noticing that?

# 52 Rams_3 @ 06/05/14 05:50 AM
Wow!!!! Looks amazing. Let's hope the rest of the game looks this good.

# 53 Gronk4M13 @ 06/05/14 05:54 AM
That looks amazing, wow!

# 54 TreyIM2 @ 06/05/14 07:03 AM
I'm saying WOW for now. There is no faking the funk in how gorgeous that screenshot is yet I had skepticism along with that WOW because of EA's shenanigans over the years. I'm going to pull up that alleged in-game screenshot of RGIII from last year's pre-game hype to compare it for myself and check the actual Madden 25 version of him, as well.

That said, I DO think that Colin pic is real deal Holyfield based on this being a 2nd gen game for EA on the now current gen systems and I also trust Chris' word. I think with the last Madden, either they really thought they were pulling a fast one or during development, something got funky with the tech and they had to sacrifice things for the final product, which happens a lot when devving games especially when unable to push release dates back. Not to mention Madden is annually released so short dev time.

# 55 BucksFan5Covers @ 06/05/14 07:37 AM
So let me explain this to you guys. that RG3 Screenshot was just an example of what the Ignite Engine was capable of. I'm sure that these improvements have been in the works ever since Ignite was created. Either way the improvements they showed alone in this screenshot have me all aboard the hype train.

Now EA just needs to add NFL Superstar Mode from Madden 06 and 07 and I'll be even more happy.

# 56 hanzsomehanz @ 06/05/14 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilgoosy
if you look a this that i am about to tell you, you'll be maybe a little mad:

look on CK7 right shoulder, you can see the shadow of his helmet actually projecting very well on his shoulder pad but ... look again, there's a piece of this shadow floating, a black portion of shadow that looks trimmed from another screenshot and copied on this one.

anyone is noticing that?
I do see the shadow mark you speak of which reinforces my belief that their is something unfitting about that screenshot.

CK7 could very well have been supeimposed but there will be more pix to come and we can do comparisons then.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 57 TCFClemson @ 06/05/14 08:34 AM
That looks great and has me cautiously optimistic.

# 58 tril @ 06/05/14 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
I'm going to be a skeptic and say this is not from gameplay like the 25 screen shot is.
cosign!!!!

# 59 rudyjuly2 @ 06/05/14 08:45 AM
I think the pic looks fantastic. Most people would guess it's real and it's a huge improvement from last year.

I understand the skeptics but it does amaze me how much hate/negativity is stored up for EA at times. Studies have shown the people don't generally sit on the fence about things. They either love them or hate them and they can switch categories and skip neutral. So many of us were disappointed at the beginning of the PS3/360 cycle with Madden (this definitely includes me) and the goodwill from the PS2 days turned to hate. EA, right or wrong, has to fix Madden in a big way. We should all be hoping this will happen and this screenshot is a small step in the right direction.

# 60 cowboy_kmoney @ 06/05/14 08:53 AM
I want to b happy for EA but they just have to start on the inside of the game and figure out how to make the game feel like football. Meaning franchise mode needs to b done right with all the fixing with beeing able to edit all players and coaches. I mean as if now we kan even put a hat on our coaches. Its so much missing frm the inside of the game that will give it the next level feel. I hope this all new player profiles mean we will see superbowls and probowls along with the year it was won set up like NBA2k does with keeping up with their player award history. I hope the speak in this as well and have banners of your wins in our francise as we play.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.