Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released the first screenshot of NBA Live 15, which showcases an improved player likeness for Paul George, Tony Parker, Rajon Rondo, James Harden, Blake Griffin and Steph Curry.

Your thoughts?

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Mintsa @ 06/10/14 08:36 AM
After letting this set in for a day. Some of the guys in here are right. This must be seen in motion. If its still the same animations/motions the accuracy of the faces will not matter.

I'm waiting for a video.

# 82 JBulls @ 06/10/14 08:49 AM
I don't understand why the curry shot is desaturated. He looks fine when the vibrancy is upped.

# 83 The 24th Letter @ 06/10/14 09:30 AM
Pictures look great!

Hopefully some of the Live fans here can now admit that Harden did not look "good" in NBA Live 14

# 84 KG @ 06/10/14 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
I'd imagine the jerseys will be improved. I don't see them mentioning the scanning of jersey textures for them to look that bad.

Also, skin looks like skin now. Looking at it more, my first synopsis didn't do it justice. The lighting in the new images look incredible.
IDK 13, the skin textures still look pretty bad to me. Faces - spot on but the sheen and shine of the skin in EA games have always looked weird to me.

# 85 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/10/14 09:44 AM
I looked up some faces and compared these pics. They are very spot on even curry ( his skin color is a little off Point of view ?)

# 86 King_B_Mack @ 06/10/14 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I'm a 2K guy thru and thru. But you have to be completely blind, or a straight-up homer to say 2K faces look better than these. These are so much better, and it isn't even close.
These definitely look good, but let's not go nuts. The games are about neck and neck now. Even if you wanted to give one a slight, tiny edge over the other that's cool. But "it isn't even close" these are better? C'mon son.

Spoiler

# 87 mlp111 @ 06/10/14 11:35 AM
that rondo is amazing... but harden still just doesnt do it for me.... I just dont know what it is

# 88 JODYE @ 06/10/14 11:36 AM
I agree, let's see this in motion.

Although, I do think the statement regarding Live's ability to close the gap this year holds some weight.

From a gameplay/physics perspective, 2k is bordering on pathetic. I picked it up again last night at a friends house, and strictly regarding player movement/physics/gameplay, it might be one of the worst basketball games I've ever gotten my hands on. Not saying Live was any better but I really don't feel I'm exaggerating either. If Live can bring something that exudes fluidity in player movement, expands upon the dribble movements, improves off ball movement/animations and build upon presentation, I think alot of people will start looking their way.

But as we've seen, those are all big IFs at this point, so it will be interesting to see what we see in the coming weeks. Could be another year of no basketball for me.

# 89 JODYE @ 06/10/14 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
IDK 13, the skin textures still look pretty bad to me. Faces - spot on but the sheen and shine of the skin in EA games have always looked weird to me.
Not trying to troll at all, but which part of the body are you looking at? I think looking at the faces, they did a great job of minimizing that "sheen" that last years players had. There is some still on the body, but I think that is probably supposed to be sweat.

# 90 eko718 @ 06/10/14 11:52 AM
Faces look good...Harden probably the least of them. Would like to see full body shots.

# 91 The 24th Letter @ 06/10/14 12:29 PM
LOL @ Live just needing 'refinement'...that sounds just as ridiculous.

The complete absence of vital game play animations isn't the solution to having too many...

It isn't just a graphical thing...

# 92 WTF @ 06/10/14 01:25 PM
Overall, I'm extremely pleased with what has been shown. I'm looking forward to seeing how the jersey scans translate into the overall picture. Lighting looks to be really well done. Skin textures, I'm very happy with. I've seen a couple mention skin textures, but all in all, I think they look phenomenal.

I love what I see out of Paul George. It doesn't have that cartoonish deformation of the face just to show expression, it's more of a lifelike contortion.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in action, and hearing more about the defensive counters that they've added, maybe camera angles, and animations as a whole, and I'm good.

# 93 WTF @ 06/10/14 01:31 PM
1080P Actual Hi-Res version of the shot.

Also, may have to right click and open image in new tab. Or just click the link:

http://wtferrell.ms11.net/LIVE15.jpg

# 94 JODYE @ 06/10/14 01:45 PM
Image isn't working WTF

# 95 WTF @ 06/10/14 01:48 PM
Clicking on the link?

# 96 JODYE @ 06/10/14 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Clicking on the link?
Yeah. Says webpage not available. At least for me.

# 97 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/10/14 01:58 PM
Link Works for me . That Paul George is so lifelike.

Someone should mesh real life, live 15 , and 2k (or live 14) of these photos .

# 98 WTF @ 06/10/14 02:01 PM
I was gonna say, I've tried 4 computers and all work fine, even from mobile connection. It just doesn't like you 13
Harden's arm hair looks pretty realistic. lol

# 99 NoTiCe_O @ 06/10/14 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
1080P Actual Hi-Res version of the shot.

Also, may have to right click and open image in new tab. Or just click the link:

http://wtferrell.ms11.net/LIVE15.jpg
The High Res version takes it to another Level.. I'm Feelin' the Art Style.. I just hope it feels right.. like the long players like Paul George play long. Doesn't sound right but like there's just a certain agility and smoothness that Paul George possesses on the court. Very T-Mac ish. I hope I can replicate that.

I never got a Chance to play Live 14 but I've watched streams all year and I could see myself enjoying it ALOT. So Live 15 is almost a must buy for me if they improved on the gameplay aspects I already liked. Thanks for the High Res version man I'm Seriously Blown away. I mean to play something that looks like that online vs real people................ I'd be in Heaven lol.

My Number one hope is that the Ignite engine brings some of that UFC/ Madden physicality to the Game.. Then it'd really be on. So much more to say but I'll hold off..

# 100 ya boy hollywud @ 06/10/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
I don't understand why the curry shot is desaturated. He looks fine when the vibrancy is upped.

That jersey literally looks like it's painted on.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.