Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by dts5381, AKA Smitty on Twitter.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 SageInfinite @ 06/29/14 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Oh my god man, have you played it? How can ever know this is true until we see it in repetition.
He's just speaking on what he's seen or heard from his opinion.

# 122 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/29/14 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnaql3
And why in the hell are players still wearing helmets on the sidelines??
Probably the same reason they don't have NAMES ON THEIR JERSEYS & are all wearing high socks smh. Things like this kill the immersion.

# 123 hanzsomehanz @ 06/29/14 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
This. I care more about the end game rather than the journey. As long as I can lose games and be blown out sometimes and the stats equal what I see on Sunday (and Thursday and Monday), I'll be a happy man.
You know your position on the poll and that is great - you are certainly not alone in that preference.

I believe EA's profit margins would reveal to decline if more folks valued the means over the end-game and the means revealed to be utterly deficient.

Apparently the gameplay is not so bad that the majority cannot cope or staunch opponents would refuse to buy at retail prices or buy at all which if that population were large enough: the protest would show in the marginal decline of sales.

I do not consider myself a gameplay connoisseur but I do have a fervent taste for quality gameplay and have my own framework of what models a state of the art delivery in gameplay.

Development costs vs Unit costs; Price to Appropriation

While I do not mind travelling my city with public transportation: the $2.75 charge for a 90 minute duration is not unreasonable. I would much prefer a better limousine ride however for $59.99.

For $59.99 I could afford a better dinner for my date and I: opposed to take-out from McDonalds we could enjoy dine-in at a fancy steak restaurant such as The Keg.

When VC listed NFL2K5 for $19.99 in contrast to Madden's $49.xx consumers felt they were still getting more from 2K than Madden in core components: presentation, audio, and gameplay.

Even to this day fans allude to the presentation and gameplay pros of that pastime that Madden has yet to yield today.

I use the above analogies to support that I do very much care about how Madden arrives to their outcomes from a gameplay POV in relation to their retail prices. The price of the product and the hardware capacities of today warrant a better state of the art delivery in gameplay.

I do not consider the gameplay unusable but I am not yet satisfied enough to upgrade to the new consoles so I can play the new Madden title on the new consoles.

I am still on the fence on whether I will purchase a copy for 360 as I have yet to see how M15 looks and plays on the past gen consoles.

Spoiler

I just have an eye for beauty and beauty is always beheld by the beholder.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 124 hanzsomehanz @ 06/29/14 02:57 PM
Im furtherance to the above from myself;

The Madden Community

The average Madden gamer is not a gameplay connoisseur - no matter how hard they criticize the game: it is not a life and death matter to their conscience.

There are millions coping with their Irritable Madden Syndrome and for most that involves adjusting sliders or simply letting out some rage which usually involves some type of primal scream (lol) before they return for another game of Madden (rinse and repeat).

If gameplay experts actually harped on the gameplay within the Madden franchise and those crticisms and rebukes went mainstream: only then could I see the public opinion channging radically to the effect that masses of consumers boycott the product until the neccessary refinements that the experts suggest are subsequently applied to the gameplay designs.

I recently read an article that reveald fans were so disappointed and up in arms about the ending to a recent Mass Effect title that EA changed the ending and made it obtainable as a DLC - this only enraged the community more but it did reveal that their complaints were heard.

I do not see the same uprising of rage steaming from the Madden community concerning gameplay.

While I feel I am getting a McDonalds happy meal in the form of Madden gameplay: other views seem to differ strongly as nobody would willingly pay $59.99 for a McD's happy meal.

Overall, the presentation and graphics are improving and proving to be delivered at a higher state of art. In respect to modes: I am a MUThead so I am interested in the developments of that mode.

Ideally, I would love to see everything value $59.99 by now in respect to core components: presentation, audio, gameplay, franchise, MUT.

# 125 jpdavis82 @ 06/29/14 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
He's just speaking on what he's seen or heard from his opinion.
Exactly, a lot of the things people assume about me are just that, assumptions. I'm not here saying I know more than anyone here or that I'm better than anyone else on here. We all want improvement in the game, I just have a different perspective of things and where we're headed, but in the end we all want the same thing, a better game.

# 126 m1ke_nyc @ 06/30/14 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Exactly, a lot of the things people assume about me are just that, assumptions. I'm not here saying I know more than anyone here or that I'm better than anyone else on here. We all want improvement in the game, I just have a different perspective of things and where we're headed, but in the end we all want the same thing, a better game.
Jp I pray for the day that you can come in here and tell us "I told you so". I'm not as optimistic about Madden as you are but I would love to come in here and say you were right. While you do bring a bit of it on yourself at times I think sometimes we take our frustrations out on you when we see you being so positive about the game and we just dont see it. With that said just know its not personal.

# 127 jpdavis82 @ 06/30/14 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Jp I pray for the day that you can come in here and tell us "I told you so". I'm not as optimistic about Madden as you are but I would love to come in here and say you were right. While you do bring a bit of it on yourself at times I think sometimes we take our frustrations out on you when we see you being so positive about the game and we just dont see it. With that said just know its not personal.
I know it's not personal, I understand people's frustration, but at some point, later this year or next year, people will see what I'm talking about. When that day comes, I will take the high road, it's not my style to say I told you so.

# 128 Jerros @ 06/30/14 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
You know your position on the poll and that is great - you are certainly not alone in that preference.

I believe EA's profit margins would reveal to decline if more folks valued the means over the end-game and the means revealed to be utterly deficient.

Apparently the gameplay is not so bad that the majority cannot cope or staunch opponents would refuse to buy at retail prices or buy at all which if that population were large enough: the protest would show in the marginal decline of sales.

I do not consider myself a gameplay connoisseur but I do have a fervent taste for quality gameplay and have my own framework of what models a state of the art delivery in gameplay.

Development costs vs Unit costs; Price to Appropriation

While I do not mind travelling my city with public transportation: the $2.75 charge for a 90 minute duration is not unreasonable. I would much prefer a better limousine ride however for $59.99.

For $59.99 I could afford a better dinner for my date and I: opposed to take-out from McDonalds we could enjoy dine-in at a fancy steak restaurant such as The Keg.

When VC listed NFL2K5 for $19.99 in contrast to Madden's $49.xx consumers felt they were still getting more from 2K than Madden in core components: presentation, audio, and gameplay.

Even to this day fans allude to the presentation and gameplay pros of that pastime that Madden has yet to yield today.

I use the above analogies to support that I do very much care about how Madden arrives to their outcomes from a gameplay POV in relation to their retail prices. The price of the product and the hardware capacities of today warrant a better state of the art delivery in gameplay.

I do not consider the gameplay unusable but I am not yet satisfied enough to upgrade to the new consoles so I can play the new Madden title on the new consoles.

I am still on the fence on whether I will purchase a copy for 360 as I have yet to see how M15 looks and plays on the past gen consoles.

Spoiler

I just have an eye for beauty and beauty is always beheld by the beholder.

Well, here's the thing. If it were mere presentation and minor gameplay issues like delayed controller responses or just a few game glitches that required fixing in Madden, that would be a significant cut to the ridiculously long list of issues. But, you need to consider the inherent problems of what Madden is trying to replicate, FOOTBALL. Anyone that knows REAL X's and O's football fundamentals will tell you why Madden is such a broken mess. No need to be a gameplay programming expert for that. There are plenty of people in the community that know the true ends and outs of REAL football that are more than qualified to voice their opinion on Madden.

Honestly, I could care less about the game looking pretty at this point. But, to be fair, it looks better but it's still not on par with TRUE next gen graphics. Hell, even an old title like APF 2k8 has minor cloth physics. M15 is still behind on that, All they did was add a bunch of industry standard normal mapped wrinkles to the jerseys with better lighting. The players sizes have been adjusted a bit but it's still the same stiff animations engine that distracts you from said improvements. In a perfect world EA would just trash that ignite crap and rebuild Madden from the ground up to match the new tech ot today's consoles.

But back to my point. For anyone who has ever played organized football, it is IMPOSSIBLE to ignore broken mechanics, improper techniques, smoke and mirrors line play and ridiculous A.I. that Madden tries to present as real football logic. And before anyone tries to give some speech about it being a video game that should have a few glitches and play a little arcadey. Let me go back to the statement Mr. Rex Dickson himself made at E3. He was adamant that they are making a football SIMULATION. So with that said, I don't see how it's unreasonable for those of us in the community that are simheads to expect exactly that. Unfortunately Madden in it's current state is nothing of the sort. And all the many glitches it does have only amplifies that fact. Again, it goes way beyond minor gameplay fixes and presentation. Lets get the football fundamentals and logic fixed first and foremost. Because in RL football there is no spamming money plays and running the same nano-blitz BS over and over. Players taking poor angles or DBs using the wrong stance in the wrong coverage. Little crap like that should have been eliminated from the game by now. Truly sad that an old game like APF got a lot of those nuances right. How many of you guys get frustrated when you see an O-linemen running as fast as a receiver or DB? Seriously EA? Player stats are meaningless and only for show. And don't get me started on the penalty system or lack there of. Seriously, I could go on and on about the list of problems. But I like many others just want the damn game fixed to accurately replicate the sport we love. If EA is going to be the only game on the block then I want it to make me forget past games like 2k5 or any other title from the past. As it stands, it's really sad that Madden has been in existence for 25 + years and all we get are roster updates, same stiff animation system, sloppy football physics and logic, and refurbished features from past games. Simply unacceptable.

# 129 FBall Life @ 06/30/14 08:31 AM
Quote:
I know it's not personal, I understand people's frustration, but at some point, later this year or next year, people will see what I'm talking about. When that day comes, I will take the high road, it's not my style to say I told you so.
I look forward to seeing this exact post next year.

And the year after that.

And the year after that...

# 130 briax87 @ 06/30/14 08:44 AM
Gore's touchdown at the end of that video was a bit ridiculous. He doesn't bounce off anyone like he should. He carries it the entire way with one hand, and the last defender doesn't even react to the fact that Gore's ball carrying arm is right in front of him on his stomach, just lets him jog right by...

And as for Kaepernick's throw right before that, still looks so unnatural in the replay. Doesn't look like his weight moves at all as he prepares to throw

# 131 BezO @ 06/30/14 11:15 AM
Quote:
...This team wants to appeal to all of this, but rest assured the gameplay is first and foremost and simulation is their goal. I know things like WR/DB interactions, better player movement animations, gang tackling etc... are coming very soon, but I'm just curious to see what you guys will be saying then about this team, when all along they planned on addressing these things.
The PS5 will hit the market @ $600 and other sports games will still be far ahead of Madden.

Quote:
Yeah, I guess some are saying never, but most folks are simply not happy about what's being shown today.

The improvment is too slow. By the time Madden get's what we've been asking for the past 10 years, we'll have a new list of wants based on the great things other sports games will likely have done.

And you're on record last year saying this would be the year. How much "I tolk you so" could you really spit?

# 132 BezO @ 06/30/14 11:20 AM
On a positive note, better interaction with the gunner at 3:01 & 3:05. Now if they can get both blockers to interact instead of one bailing...

# 133 jpdavis82 @ 06/30/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
Well, here's the thing. If it were mere presentation and minor gameplay issues like delayed controller responses or just a few game glitches that required fixing in Madden, that would be a significant cut to the ridiculously long list of issues. But, you need to consider the inherent problems of what Madden is trying to replicate, FOOTBALL. Anyone that knows REAL X's and O's football fundamentals will tell you why Madden is such a broken mess. No need to be a gameplay programming expert for that. There are plenty of people in the community that know the true ends and outs of REAL football that are more than qualified to voice their opinion on Madden.

Honestly, I could care less about the game looking pretty at this point. But, to be fair, it looks better but it's still not on par with TRUE next gen graphics. Hell, even an old title like APF 2k8 has minor cloth physics. M15 is still behind on that, All they did was add a bunch of industry standard normal mapped wrinkles to the jerseys with better lighting. The players sizes have been adjusted a bit but it's still the same stiff animations engine that distracts you from said improvements. In a perfect world EA would just trash that ignite crap and rebuild Madden from the ground up to match the new tech ot today's consoles.

But back to my point. For anyone who has ever played organized football, it is IMPOSSIBLE to ignore broken mechanics, improper techniques, smoke and mirrors line play and ridiculous A.I. that Madden tries to present as real football logic. And before anyone tries to give some speech about it being a video game that should have a few glitches and play a little arcadey. Let me go back to the statement Mr. Rex Dickson himself made at E3. He was adamant that they are making a football SIMULATION. So with that said, I don't see how it's unreasonable for those of us in the community that are simheads to expect exactly that. Unfortunately Madden in it's current state is nothing of the sort. And all the many glitches it does have only amplifies that fact. Again, it goes way beyond minor gameplay fixes and presentation. Lets get the football fundamentals and logic fixed first and foremost. Because in RL football there is no spamming money plays and running the same nano-blitz BS over and over. Players taking poor angles or DBs using the wrong stance in the wrong coverage. Little crap like that should have been eliminated from the game by now. Truly sad that an old game like APF got a lot of those nuances right. How many of you guys get frustrated when you see an O-linemen running as fast as a receiver or DB? Seriously EA? Player stats are meaningless and only for show. And don't get me started on the penalty system or lack there of. Seriously, I could go on and on about the list of problems. But I like many others just want the damn game fixed to accurately replicate the sport we love. If EA is going to be the only game on the block then I want it to make me forget past games like 2k5 or any other title from the past. As it stands, it's really sad that Madden has been in existence for 25 + years and all we get are roster updates, same stiff animation system, sloppy football physics and logic, and refurbished features from past games. Simply unacceptable.
You can't compare M15 to 2k5 graphically come on now!

# 134 Greenblood60 @ 06/30/14 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It is hard to understand how Madden's textures, models and lighting have improved so much, while the player movement and player interactions continue to look so dated.

Those areas of the game should be completely separate jobs for completely different types of employees, not a situation where your manpower has to suspend work on one element to work on the other.

From an outsider's perspective, it just seems like Tiburon either aren't hiring or aren't assigning enough people to work on those parts of the game.
That could be it, but way the game has been programmed ( essentially for the last decade ) could be what's holding back the animations. Think about it. The visuals have never really been a problem for Tiburon. The visual weren't the problem last gen. The visuals didn't take a step back when the 360 debuted in 2005. The animations did; the feature set did. We still ( to this day ) don't have the ability to set up formation substitutions in the pause menu, and we had individual defensive assignments only to have that feature taken out of the game. The animations took a nose dive as soon the 360 debuted, and they didn't get better from year to year.

Hey, maybe the animations will be fixed next year. Maybe they'll be fixed the following year. I just think that whatever Tiburon did to screw up the animations ( during the last console generation ) is something that couldn't be corrected in two development cycles. I want to at least give the dev team enough credit to assume that they're not happy with the quality of the animations. I also want to believe that it's at the top of their priority list.

Or the animations may never be fixed.

# 135 lana del rey @ 06/30/14 06:04 PM
Can anyone create Madden NFL 15 soundtrack thread? I can't

# 136 jpdavis82 @ 06/30/14 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
I look forward to seeing this exact post next year.

And the year after that.

And the year after that...
I'm looking forward to never seeing posts like this again

# 137 FBall Life @ 06/30/14 07:22 PM
Quote:
So far, that goes against your own track record.

# 138 DeuceDouglas @ 06/30/14 09:17 PM
I'm looking forward to the day where threads with 18 pages worth of posts that actually have to do with the topic.

# 139 MajorSupreme @ 06/30/14 11:29 PM
Quote:
Oh, the irony.

# 140 NicVirtue @ 07/01/14 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
animations and cloth animations between madden and that other game.
What is amazing, sad, and unacceptable is that the "other" game actually had animated jerseys that gave the illusion of there being jersey physics. 7 years ago.....STILL not and never have been in Madden. Hell you could even see the rain bouncing off the players helmets 7 years ago, and the actual real players with their real equipment on the sidelines, instead of African American Andy Luck with zero equipment and high socks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.