Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports will be releasing NHL 15 screenshots from every NHL arena over the next few months. Today they have released screenshots of Honda Center and Xcel Energy Center.

Quote:
The power of the next-gen consoles finally allows the NHL franchise to capture every detail of an NHL arena. Unique arena elements such as 19,000+ seat capacities, dynamic lighting, player entrance tunnels and much more are all captured with a level of detail not possible on the previous generation. This summer, NHL 15 will make home games will truly feel like home.

Previously released arena screenshots:Your thoughts?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 drog1602 @ 07/05/14 03:02 PM
The Excel energy center scoreboard will be wrong, they are changing it for next season. http://msn.foxsports.com/north/story...-center-063014

Also,missing the lighthouse on the right hand side and the names on both sides,the glass is wrong, goal light is wrong, the banners look too big and not high enough and once again its too dark.

# 2 hawley088 @ 07/05/14 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
The Excel energy center scoreboard will be wrong, they are changing it for next season. http://msn.foxsports.com/north/story...-center-063014

Also,missing the lighthouse on the right hand side and the names on both sides,the glass is wrong, goal light is wrong, the banners look too big and not high enough and once again its too dark.
lol this community sometimes.....

# 3 drog1602 @ 07/05/14 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
lol this community sometimes.....
Yup, you better believe I hold EA accountable, when they use the word "authentic".
If I sold you an "authentic" NHL jersey and it had an ironed on letters and crest, would you be ok with that?

# 4 drog1602 @ 07/05/14 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Then I guess it's a no buy for you?
I base my purchase on how a game plays.

Is it wrong to point out errors, so that the game visuals can be improved?

# 5 spidertour02 @ 07/05/14 08:05 PM
Something something benches, something something 2K, something something true sim, will not buy!

Did I do it right?

# 6 kehlis @ 07/05/14 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
Something something benches, something something 2K, something something true sim, will not buy!

Did I do it right?
Not really, no one said they weren't buying it, they just pointed out inaccuracies.

The only people who make a big deal out of criticism are the one's complaining about people pointing stuff like that out.

It's really a non issue until other posters come in and try and make it one.

# 7 ERA @ 07/05/14 08:58 PM
I hope we see Wells Fargo Center next. I'm dying to see it!

And on the side note, people really expect way to much from a video game... I haven't seen any sports game coming out this year under so much scrutiny, yet it's arguably the best looking one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 8 Eman5805 @ 07/05/14 10:00 PM
Keep seeing them mentioning the seat capacity on next-gen like its some great feature. What am I missing? What did games do before? Fake the seating capacity of stadiums? Or are they just saying they are fully rendering each and every seat?

# 9 THESHAMISASHAME @ 07/05/14 10:38 PM
Everything looks great and guys be realistic arenas and promotions can change the look in a moment so as long as the Arena base is there thats all we can really ask for .
So other than 7 year old goalie mask designs , no real coaches and possible lack of real player faces Im ready for NHL 15 and will play the heck out of it till Batman Arkham Knight comes out in February !

# 10 intrepid @ 07/05/14 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
The Excel energy center scoreboard will be wrong, they are changing it for next season.

Whats wrong with the glass? The seamless glass was removed 2-3 seasons ago.

Why is there a press balcony at the top of the players bench side of the arena? The press balcony at the X is at the top of the penalty box side only. Previous versions of NHL have this correct, why is this version wrong?

As long as the gameplay is solid, minor details like the scoreboard and arena architecture can be lived with. But dont tell me arenas are authentic when they aren't. It just makes you wonder what gameplay details wont be as good as they can be.

# 11 drog1602 @ 07/06/14 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid
Whats wrong with the glass? The seamless glass was removed 2-3 seasons ago.
The stanchion for the glass are thicker and go right to the top of the glass.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/HcpXnMmccQg/0.jpg

# 12 Simple Mathematics @ 07/06/14 08:11 AM
Looks great! I can't wait to get the Revamped Rosters in here and see some gameplay videos. I really don't care about stanchion thickness.

# 13 Splitter77 @ 07/06/14 08:36 AM
how long are they gonna milk putting out arena pics?
lets see some gameplay

# 14 13whitebread @ 07/06/14 02:13 PM
I am buying it lock stock and barrel ! If the gameplay is better so be it for me there is enough in the presentation aspect and with the new commentary it will be much better at its core I think it fine just suttle changes needed. I only play offline and with my boys the online play as had too much lag and again with humans they can ruin anything and everything there will always be cheating so hopefully they will never get rid of the single player experience.

# 15 stevendah @ 07/06/14 04:10 PM
I'm buying my next-gen console based on which console NHL 15 will look best on. I know it's ridiculous, but it's the game I invest the most time into. Now, last gen EA Sports developers were using the Xbox 360 to make the games, and they were therefor visually (slightly) better on the Xbox 360 versions each year. Any news as to which console they're using this time around?

# 16 kehlis @ 07/06/14 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
People make a big deal because it eventually gets old wading through topics of pure toxic year in year out. OS didn't used to be like this. At least not to the level it's at now where 95% of the posts in any EA related game sub forum are full to the brim of XX series sucks because "insert nitpick here"

Some of the complaints are valid, no doubt, alot of them however reek of entitlement more often than not.
Please tell me what else you would like people to talk about then?

We have no gameplay to talk about, all we have is some screens.

It's a forum, people are pointing out inaccuracies with the screens, it's not a big deal. You've clearly been here longer than your join date indicates since you brought it up but OS has ALWAYS been this way.

And again, what's wrong with it? I haven't seen anyone say they aren't buying it because of the inaccuracies, I've seen only a few say negative things towards EA about it, it's just people discussing the few things we have to discuss.

Me personally? I don't care, as long as the gameplay is good and as long as the teams being on the wrong bench doesn't change the short/long changes (and there is no evidence that it does) then it has no bearing on me and is just aesthetics.

If however, these teams being on the wrong bench affect the changes that would be a significant gameplay factor so it's not as minor as some of you seem to make it out to be.

Again, doesn't appear to be an issue at all but that's with no gameplay evidence to back it up.

Banners being in the wrong place? Again, don't think anyone cares enough about it to say they wouldn't buy the game but pointing it out harms who?

If you are looking for a forum where everyone just comments on every screen and says nothing more than that is gorgeous you aren't going to find it.

# 17 LighttheLamp @ 07/06/14 06:30 PM
This is the first go at "next gen" wait until the game comes out, play it, and see whats good and whats not. I dont see the point in critiquing a photo. We dont play photos, we play games. Ya dig?

# 18 bwiggy33 @ 07/06/14 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Please tell me what else you would like people to talk about then?

We have no gameplay to talk about, all we have is some screens.

It's a forum, people are pointing out inaccuracies with the screens, it's not a big deal. You've clearly been here longer than your join date indicates since you brought it up but OS has ALWAYS been this way.

And again, what's wrong with it? I haven't seen anyone say they aren't buying it because of the inaccuracies, I've seen only a few say negative things towards EA about it, it's just people discussing the few things we have to discuss.

Me personally? I don't care, as long as the gameplay is good and as long as the teams being on the wrong bench doesn't change the short/long changes (and there is no evidence that it does) then it has no bearing on me and is just aesthetics.

If however, these teams being on the wrong bench affect the changes that would be a significant gameplay factor so it's not as minor as some of you seem to make it out to be.

Again, doesn't appear to be an issue at all but that's with no gameplay evidence to back it up.

Banners being in the wrong place? Again, don't think anyone cares enough about it to say they wouldn't buy the game but pointing it out harms who?

If you are looking for a forum where everyone just comments on every screen and says nothing more than that is gorgeous you aren't going to find it.
The reason he has been here longer than his join date is because he was previously banned for basically the same stuff you are talking about. Apparently the nitpicking and whining that he hates so much just keeps bringing him back. Unless you agree with him, you are basically an idiot for thinking differently than him. There's almost no point in even posting on here anymore because he is either A) Trying to stir the pot(check out his unnecessary first post in the PK Subban screen shot thread) or B) Hating on the people who point out things they don't like. I don't get why someone who continuously posts about how they hate the negativity on the site keeps coming back to post every day. That just doesn't seem worth it or make any sense but whatever. His attitude is the reason I've tried limiting my posts. I don't need him trying to call me out for the idiotic viewpoints I have. Anyway I'll stop now so I don't get banned.

# 19 ricky24 @ 07/06/14 11:06 PM
Screenshots look good. Can't wait for this game.

# 20 giantsharks @ 07/07/14 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
People make a big deal because it eventually gets old wading through topics of pure toxic year in year out. OS didn't used to be like this. At least not to the level it's at now where 95% of the posts in any EA related game sub forum are full to the brim of XX series sucks because "insert nitpick here"

Some of the complaints are valid, no doubt, alot of them however reek of entitlement more often than not.
Maybe that says something more about EA games then it does about peoples attitude. Im a huge sports fan specifically hockey and baseball. Every game is obviously not gonna please everyone in all aspects but there is a reason why this forum is riddled with complaints and the show isnt. The show has a really good base and seems to actually improve every year. People in the show forums might complain but have an overall positive view on the game. I would say its more of the quality of the game more then people seeming "entitled," whatever that means when it comes to a video game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.