Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports today released a new trailer for NHL 15 showing off the graphical improvements in the player models, which have been completely revamped from the inside out. EA also posted a new blog on the improvements. Check out the trailer above and the screenshots below!
  • Layered Player Models add a new level of detail that wasn’t possible before. In addition to the body, each player now wears individual pieces of equipment that live below the jersey. The result is skaters who now look and move like living, breathing athletes.
  • Dynamic Cloth technology on the jersey adds an extra layer of realism, reacting to the skater’s movements as they explode up the ice, helping bring the speed of the game to life.
  • Powered by the same technology that brought the most realistic representation of the athlete to EA SPORTS UFC, NHL 15 delivers groundbreaking visuals to every aspect of the skater. From the skates, to the pants, to the stick – every aspect of the player has been captured to the finest detail.
  • All-new user-controlled celebrations allow for more variety after putting one past the goalie. Join with teammates for a group hug or select from a slew of new individual reactions.

NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 CaptainSuperman @ 07/13/14 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
I'm pretty sure a lot of gamers have been asking EA to fix retreating AI because it's been one of their biggest problems of the series when talking about gameplay and they haven't delivered. A lot of gamers have been asking about replacing robotic and they-are-all-the-same goalies (which been there for ages) but they haven't delivered. Instead they've been focusing on aspects that look good but have no effect on gameplay itself.

One thing that bothers me year after year is the "it's authentic" talk. When they say that jersey will move like real one and give authentic experience then I'm assuming it will do that. When they say that arenas look authentic I'm assuming that they will be really close to real ones. But what we've seen so far is not authentic. You have to understand that fans will notice stuff like benches on the wrong side, banners at the wrong place, printed logos on a jersey, wrong colour hair on a certain player etc. If EA markets their game with "it's authentic" then it should be no surprise if they have complaints about things that are not authentic as promised.

To be honest I think it's a little bit naive to say that EA is trying it's best. EA is a big company that wants to sell as many products as possible with certain sum of money to been put for the work. I'm sure that team will try to do good work with resources that have been given to them though. And yes there are some really good ones along this year like lifelike-broadcast, updated arenas, improved puck physics and seperation between upper and lower body. I'm personally happy for the improvements but will still continue to point out errors (with my own style) if I see one. Because critic drives for changes.
But for every one person criticizing gameplay, there are 10-20-30 more people complaining about graphics, goalie masks, sticks, helmets, and now arenas, goal horns, benches, lighting, this, that, someones face from 2009 instead of yesterday, no wonder they only fix the graphics!

Do you expect EA to say "This year we overhauled every arena in the league to be authentic as possible to real life...but we only got it half complete and you will have to wait until next year to get the complete package of real life arenas"? NO! Cause then they would be thrown under the bus by all the same people saying they are lazy asking why they just couldn't get it done for this year, or why include it at all if it's not complete. Well, it's the first year of next gen and they are putting in what they can.

And EA is still a business. What is the purpose of a business? To make a profit. Spend as little as possible and gain as much as possible. That means regardless of how big the company is, they want their separate studios to be as small as possible while still putting out a good enough game to rake in more money than what they put into it. But let's not act like EA NHL over the past 6 years or so hasn't been one of the best sport games out there. They set the bar so high that us fans have definitely started to feel entitled. We've seen vast improvements to the game in a few short years from, say, '07 to '10. So we expect quite a lot out of them, but it just so happens that they hit the nail on the head with what they did in those years, so you can't just keep fixing what isn't broke, expecting more out of it (for the good features) and also expect EVERY other aspect of the game to raise in standards as well.

# 62 andayaman @ 07/13/14 04:30 PM
I've loved this series since I started playing it in 09. I going to love it even more now that EA was able to incorporate Cuban shirts into the game.

# 63 peter21 @ 07/15/14 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
If you only knew, seriously. Software development is NOT a cakewalk anything you do or change can affect everything else. And given the budget and yearly cycle that compacts the whole process.
This is why I've been calling for a while for some company, any company, to break with this annual cycle. I understand it's a good profit model for them, but honestly, with the rise in earnings they get from in-game perks (HUT, boost packs, etc.) there's some marketing person smart enough to figure out how to do this. It will allow developers more time to develop robust modes and get gameplay right.

And as a consumer, I'd be down with paying a slightly lower purchase fee and then pay for upgrades (graphically/gameplay) as they become available.

I mean this is the way it's headed, they just haven't figured out the way to make the most money off of it yet.

# 64 baseballboy13 @ 07/15/14 04:07 PM
Cannot wait for this game!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.