Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports today released a new trailer for NHL 15 showing off the graphical improvements in the player models, which have been completely revamped from the inside out. EA also posted a new blog on the improvements. Check out the trailer above and the screenshots below!
  • Layered Player Models add a new level of detail that wasn’t possible before. In addition to the body, each player now wears individual pieces of equipment that live below the jersey. The result is skaters who now look and move like living, breathing athletes.
  • Dynamic Cloth technology on the jersey adds an extra layer of realism, reacting to the skater’s movements as they explode up the ice, helping bring the speed of the game to life.
  • Powered by the same technology that brought the most realistic representation of the athlete to EA SPORTS UFC, NHL 15 delivers groundbreaking visuals to every aspect of the skater. From the skates, to the pants, to the stick – every aspect of the player has been captured to the finest detail.
  • All-new user-controlled celebrations allow for more variety after putting one past the goalie. Join with teammates for a group hug or select from a slew of new individual reactions.

NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jaiman @ 07/09/14 12:17 PM
Player faces look much better in this video. I'm excited!

# 2 Sparkles @ 07/09/14 12:32 PM
Those celebrations were flawless. Plus toews' reaction was sweet. Really looking forward to seeing player emotions

# 3 huntt26 @ 07/09/14 12:35 PM
Going to be a loooong 2 month wait for this game...

# 4 Pezell04x @ 07/09/14 12:49 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

# 5 wolfsjetta12 @ 07/09/14 12:50 PM
Yes! This video just makes me wish it was September already. I've been reading on the EA forums and people over there are complaining about a lack of gameplay. Just be thankful they gave us what they have so far. These videos are more to get you excited for the game then to show off gameplay. I for one am excited and can not wait. Also form the video and these screenshots the gear-heads should be happy. Looks like they have added in the old Bauer helmet people have been asking for.

# 6 Simple Mathematics @ 07/09/14 12:53 PM
Cool video. But don't call it gameplay if it's not gameplay. With that being said, the game looks outstanding and I hope it plays outstanding as well.

# 7 m_maclean24 @ 07/09/14 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Cool video. But don't call it gameplay if it's not gameplay. With that being said, the game looks outstanding and I hope it plays outstanding as well.
I'm in the same boat as you, the player models look outstanding, but I am anxious to see the game really in action - all in time I suppose.

# 8 Edmontonoilersfan70 @ 07/09/14 01:08 PM
Game looks really good, I love the jersey detail and player animation. Graphics look unbelievable so far and I really like the celebrations and emotions in the player faces. I honestly think that every player I've seen so far has AT LEAST looked 80% like they do in real life so I think EA is doing an outstanding job with the player faces!

# 9 sticks323 @ 07/09/14 01:28 PM
Not even a hockey fan but this game looks really good

# 10 dlxsf18 @ 07/09/14 01:36 PM
https://scontent-1.2914.fna.fbcdn.ne...19777889_n.jpg

Dan Girardi's unprecedented likeness

# 11 bigwill33 @ 07/09/14 02:14 PM
Cannot get over how dark the upper portions of the arenas are! They don't look like that in real life! The lack of nameplates makes the updated jerseys look poor, unfortunately. And this game needs an online jersey and mask designer/download share so that Club and the masks aren't so stale.

Hard to take much else from this video, not much was shown. Looks like 3 man group celebration is the max. Goalies look really stiff again. Crowd looks good. Absolutely nothing in terms of game play has been shown, 2 months til release. Wonder if my club character can come out averaging over 3 points per game from the start again this year because all of the same shots work for scoring as they have for the past 5 versions of this game?

# 12 adayinthelife @ 07/09/14 02:23 PM
Not the gameplay I was hoping for, but I do have to say that visually that seemed to look nicer than some of what we've seen thus far.

Also for gear guys: that screen shot of the Jets "group" celebration it looks like Little is possibly wearing the Bauer 4500 helmet? Would love to see it back in the game considering how many players wear it.

# 13 drog1602 @ 07/09/14 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Wonder if my club character can come out averaging over 3 points per game from the start again this year because all of the same shots work for scoring as they have for the past 5 versions of this game?
I would think you will probably do a little better this year, they have added new deke moves to go along with these new celebrations. Gotta show off all that hard work they put in, so I expect you to be up a few more this year!

# 14 nddurst @ 07/09/14 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
https://scontent-1.2914.fna.fbcdn.ne...19777889_n.jpg

Dan Girardi's unprecedented likeness
This is the part of the video that really bothers me. He's just staring at the puck, skating backwards while the attacker skates in for a shot. No defensive tactics on display whatsoever.

# 15 TerminallyOdd @ 07/09/14 03:24 PM
There is no doubt I will be buying this and overall I think it looks really nice, but I can't help but complain a bit - it seems whenever a developer tries to incorporate cloth movement, it becomes this twitchy, paper-thin silky material that is constantly moving. That doesn't describe a hockey jersey.

The shot at around :35 with Karlsson skating towards the camera is brutal, especially since the voice over is talking about jersey physics at the time. A small section of his jersey is spazzing out while the rest is motionless. It just looks odd, especially since they're stressing all the work that has gone into making the models realistic.

# 16 thedudedominick @ 07/09/14 03:48 PM
I still want to hear some kind of confirmation that EASHL still exists. I know it would be stupid for EA to cut this mode, but the lack of information and zero pre-order bonuses for it have me wondering.

# 17 bigwill33 @ 07/09/14 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
For the 150th time. Framerate. You're not going to be able to render all those fans, and the players on the ice, 4 refs, and the AI that goes along with it at 60fps without a better video card in either system. While they have more ram this gen the video cards are both the equivalent of a 3 year old ATI part. The PS4 Eqiv would be a AMD HD 7850 the Xbone a 7870 with some cut backs.

Or if you're talking what either would be compared to in Nvidia speak, about a 580 to mid 600 series and that's being generous.
Why are you talking to me as if I am a child, first off?

Everything is still being rendered up there, it is just in the dark. It isn't like they skipped out on putting the fans in those seats or banners hanging from the ceilings. They just feel as though the light would create shadows up in those areas, which they simply do not to the extent that this game represents. It isn't a huge deal, it is not like you can see those areas when playing from most gameplay cameras anyway, but during off action shots it really takes away from the ambience of the rinks.

# 18 Mgbleu1986 @ 07/09/14 04:01 PM
I was a little skeptical when they fist released Burgeron's face since it looked nothing like him but after seeing RNH and Iggy, I'm a little less worried.

# 19 grodbetatted @ 07/09/14 04:09 PM
when they say gameplay they mean it is not CG.. It is actual in game play... I know what you guys are looking for though. You are looking for people actually playing the game. I just want to clarify what game play means to developers though. Like Sizzle trailers are gameplay that highlight specific aspects of the game, but that does not mean it isnt game play.

# 20 giantsharks @ 07/09/14 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminallyOdd
There is no doubt I will be buying this and overall I think it looks really nice, but I can't help but complain a bit - it seems whenever a developer tries to incorporate cloth movement, it becomes this twitchy, paper-thin silky material that is constantly moving. That doesn't describe a hockey jersey.

The shot at around :35 with Karlsson skating towards the camera is brutal, especially since the voice over is talking about jersey physics at the time. A small section of his jersey is spazzing out while the rest is motionless. It just looks odd, especially since they're stressing all the work that has gone into making the models realistic.
I feel the same way. Trailer looks great but i swore it said gameplay series and this is more of the same stuff thats been released. Karlssons jersey looked really bad just fluttering on one side of the stomach really weirdly and right before that the bottom of dan girardis jersey is freaking out. Also at the start it looks like the bottom of crosby's jersey is blowing in 10mph winds and hes barely moving. I dont know, the trailer does excite me but how in the world do they not see this and if they do see it why do they bother putting that crap in the trailer?

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.