Home
EA Access News Post

EA has just announced EA Access, exclusive for Xbox One users.

Here are a few things that it will offer:
  • EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play.
  • Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store.
  • Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.
You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE. It is in beta right now, but should be rolling out for Xbox One users very soon.

Read the full press release below.

Announcing EA Access for Xbox One: The Best Way to Play EA’s Games

Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

Awesome Value – Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*

Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!

*Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. See www.ea.com/eaaccess for details.

UPDATE: EA just added their FAQ.

UPDATE #2: Here is the official response from Sony.

Quote:
We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer."

Game: EA AccessHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 charter04 @ 07/29/14 04:45 PM
Glad I got an Xbox 1. I will be spending 30 on this as soon as I can. I understand why PS4 owners would be a lttle frustraited but, both consoles try and get deals like this to add value that the other doesn't have. If everything was the same for both why have both? I will be streaming Madden 15 on twitch for those that can't play early. That's not meant to be snarky. I'm just letting it be known.

# 82 mestevo @ 07/29/14 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
Any chance the Madden for the 360 will come out early?
No indication of this anywhere.

# 83 UH53 @ 07/29/14 05:03 PM
Hopefully we could get good reviews from OS users that have XB 1. Since EA has been really hush about CFM and other features this could help me decide if I want Madden.

# 84 yardz23 @ 07/29/14 05:09 PM
It better not be a timed trial for M15. At least let us do play now for those 5 days...

# 85 DaSmerg @ 07/29/14 06:42 PM
Wow, looks nice. Shame that I, like millions of other gamers, chose PS4 over M$'s product this go around. Smooth move on that one EA!

# 86 juduking @ 07/29/14 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg
Wow, looks nice. Shame that I, like millions of other gamers, chose PS4 over M$'s product this go around. Smooth move on that one EA!
You make it sound like no one bought an XB1 which is wrong. A lot of people bought one, and is on an uptick in sales right now as most people who bought a PS4 around launch are starting to get enough spending money back to buy the XB1 which has become more desirable now with the price drop, refocus on games, and better services through the Xbox live gold program. I hate when people make comments like this claiming that Sony is the God of systems when for months I could have an did walk right into my gamestop, Walmart, best buy or target and buy a PS4 which was sitting right on the shelf next to the Xbox one.

# 87 mvb34 @ 07/29/14 07:15 PM
This helps me feel good about getting XBOX One next week..

# 88 btvs @ 07/29/14 07:22 PM
I knew XBOX was going to end up having something like this. XB1 is the official console of the NFL. So its no surprise they will get these extra perks.

# 89 Glenn33 @ 07/29/14 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Once again sony users get screwed. I mean content is one thing, but letting one consol play the full game five days early and not the other???? I know I'm gonna sound like a five year old here, but it seems a little unfair if you ask me.
Sony Users getting screwed? I have 2 words for you.... Destiny BETA.

# 90 charter04 @ 07/29/14 07:38 PM
It might be a hard thing to ask but, it would awesome if this thread didn't turn into yet another xbox v PS thread. Everyone likes different stuff. Both consoles are awesome. Yea gamers! Lol

# 91 UH53 @ 07/29/14 07:41 PM
Wow cry me a river XB 1 owners. Who cares about what consoles out sell the other. I have a PS4 by preference and it doesn't matter to me what gamers get. Some people like PS4 exclusives and what the consoles have to offer and other people like the XB 1 exclusives and what that console has to offer. So XB 1 owners get the game 5 days early... More power to you and enjoy! Just share your thoughts on the games like Madden if you do get it or I guess I could just YouTube a clip and probably find out what I need to know... Power to the gamers!

# 92 mestevo @ 07/29/14 07:46 PM
If you're part of the preview program you'll get a message to test EA Access at some point:

As a member of the Xbox One Preview, you are getting a first look at EA Access. You'll receive an Xbox Live message on your console with a code to download the EA Access Hub app, and there'll be some quests and surveys available in the Xbox Preview Dashboard app. (Note: While you can download and browse the EA Access Hub app for free, you'll need to purchase a EA Access subscription to enjoy all the benefits.)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 93 Skyboxer @ 07/29/14 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
That's disappointing games that are for both consoles shouldn't have exclusive things they should be available for everyone.
I'll gladly wait to play it on my PS4.

# 94 jmurphy31 @ 07/29/14 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
If you're part of the preview program you'll get a message to test EA Access at some point:

As a member of the Xbox One Preview, you are getting a first look at EA Access. You'll receive an Xbox Live message on your console with a code to download the EA Access Hub app, and there'll be some quests and surveys available in the Xbox Preview Dashboard app. (Note: While you can download and browse the EA Access Hub app for free, you'll need to purchase a EA Access subscription to enjoy all the benefits.)

How do you become part of the program?

# 95 charter04 @ 07/29/14 08:19 PM
Just got my massage and I'm now downloading FIFA 14. I never got that game or Battlefield so it will be cool to play those games. The access hub is pretty cool

# 96 Glenn33 @ 07/29/14 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

Thank you sir! I am enjoying the fruits of these benefits as we speak.

# 97 jmurphy31 @ 07/29/14 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Just got my massage and I'm now downloading FIFA 14. I never got that game or Battlefield so it will be cool to play those games. The access hub is pretty cool
Where do you download it from?

# 98 csamuelsvt @ 07/29/14 08:30 PM
Got the early access too....however I own 3 out of the 4 on ps4 so no need to pay to play the sports games. You have to sign up I believe to download these games. Cool nonetheless tho...can't wait for new games like Madden, NHL, and FIFA 15 to come out and I'll definitely pay the 4.99 fee

# 99 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/29/14 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You also get early access to new games.
Ya, but in the fine print it says some new games will be limited to 2 hours of game play only. So that is why I'm not buying until EA confirm which games are limited to 2 hours only. But if Madden is playable for the entire 5 days nonstop. Then I'm in, but if not then sorry I ain't buying it.

# 100 charter04 @ 07/29/14 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Where do you download it from?

I just went straight from the message. I did have to enter the code manually because it didn't enter right when it auto entered it. Then everything just downloads for you

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.