Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports is currently livestreaming Madden NFL 15, detailing the presentation and graphics. (Note: As of 3:30 PM EST, the stream has now ended. We'll effort an archived version soon!)

UPDATE: Click here to watch the archived stream. (It takes some time to load...)

Here are some thoughts on the stream today:
  • The halftime show is definitely improved and of good quality. The problem will be most will find it perfectly skippable, but there aren't any real cases where a halftime show is must-see TV, even in real-life. It's sponsored by Verizon, so there's that.
  • Commentary was ok, you didn't hear much of it due to the dev commentary over the gameplay, but it seemed to flow a bit better. We won't know anything about that until a later date.
  • Coaches have unique body types and head models, so they do look better. Coaches we saw today (Reid, Tomlin mainly) were definitely a step up.
  • Celebrations and such definitely are smoother/more aware of the context they're happening in since they happen within the gameplay itself and not a loaded cut-scene. Still some wonky instances but overall better.
  • The developers talked about equipment a bit. The new uniforms for each team are going to be in, and uniform/helmet degradation are in as well.
  • Switching of cameras was very smooth, definitely a huge improvement there.
  • Sidelines are much busier now, more people on them, etc. They still don't look perfect, but from where we were to where we are now, huge improvement.
  • Overall the presentation is quite good in-game this year, it definitely has a new layer of polish on it that wasn't there last year. It's not perfect, but clearly its taken yet another leap ahead this season.
What did you think of the stream?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/30/14 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I just really, really, really hope that the tourney players they surround themselves with and invite in to provide gameplay feedback didn't convince them to make the QB inaccuracy less effective than originally planned. This happened a couple years ago when revamped zone defense was touted new feature, I remember reading feedback updates from a GC on another site where he said he told the devs it should be toned down after one of his visits to try the game out, said it was too good. Heaven forbid.

I guess all I can do is just wait and see. They've been HAMMERING us from a PR perspective that the Sim Gamer was being represented this year. I hope so.
You know that probably is what happened. Same thing happened last year with NCAA 14. In the demo of NCAA 14 the QB and general ball carrier AI was deadly. And so was the stiff arms. Then those GC'ers and tourney guys went down there complaining it was too good and when the retail version came out, the QB scramble logic and ball carrier running logic went back to being dumb again and the stiff arm was nerfed.

Hell same thing happened with Madden 25 and true step. Tourney guys complained and EA weakened it to appease online players.

# 82 jmurphy31 @ 07/30/14 03:56 PM
I watched the replay on EA Twitch page, but it seems like the end of the second quarter, haftime show, and the rest of the game got cut off. Is this this happening for everyone.

I wanted to rewatch the halftime show and the CPU play calling with under 2:00 minutes left in the half (Check their time outs andf play calling)

If its gone, thats pretty weird

# 83 bxgoods @ 07/30/14 03:57 PM
I must be in minority compare to people here, I thought the game looked really good in this video. I saw a lot of new animations, especially in the pockets with QB animations.

# 84 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/30/14 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I watched the replay on EA Twitch page, but it seems like the end of the second quarter, haftime show, and the rest of the game got cut off. Is this this happening for everyone.

I wanted to rewatch the halftime show and the CPU play calling with under 2:00 minutes left in the half (Check their time outs andf play calling)

If its gone, thats pretty weird
I can see the whole broadcast on there.

# 85 Cowboy008 @ 07/30/14 04:02 PM
I mostly liked what I saw during the live stream. In the Steelers vs Chiefs game the Chiefs had the ball inside the 20 with around 10 seconds left and they call their last timeout. Instead of kicking a field goal with 10 seconds or so left they tried to get a touchdown. I'm hoping the reason we didn't see a lot of inaccurate passes was because the QBs that were used.

# 86 The JareBear @ 07/30/14 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I mostly liked what I saw during the live stream. In the Steelers vs Chiefs game the Chiefs had the ball inside the 20 with around 10 seconds left and they call their last timeout. Instead of kicking a field goal with 10 seconds or so left they tried to get a touchdown. I'm hoping the reason we didn't see a lot of inaccurate passes was because the QBs that were used.
There was also a general lack of pressure from the cpu pass rushers, so I am sure that didn't help.

# 87 iLLWiLL @ 07/30/14 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
It was going to happen sooner or later.

LOL!

Our boy Chip needs to start eating better himself, though.

# 88 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/30/14 04:07 PM
Quote:
I'm hoping the reason we didn't see a lot of inaccurate passes was because the QBs that were used.
If anything we should have seen a ton.....Those 4 QBs weren't what I would consider highly accurate QBs...

# 89 The JareBear @ 07/30/14 04:07 PM
I do feel like one valid concern I can have, without being labelled a crybaby or a Chicken Little, is that it seemed like the CPU doesn't use the new coverage adjustments (protect the sticks, shade outside, etc). Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't seen it yet. If there is a case of it in there let me know the minute mark.

# 90 jmurphy31 @ 07/30/14 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I can see the whole broadcast on there.
How long does your broadcast say. Mine says 1:03:44.

Right at 29:59 mark Alex Smith Completion it goes black and picks up at 30:00 with them talking about which team they will play with next

# 91 therizing02 @ 07/30/14 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
How does spending $60 turn into "hundreds of dollars"?
That's an easy one...

$60 x 9 years of basically the same thing = $540

Make sense?

# 92 bad_philanthropy @ 07/30/14 04:13 PM
The whole animation sequence during the replay starting at 22:00 exactly is horrible, and exactly like the jittery and shabby looking past iterations. Also appears to completely eschew physics.

# 93 SageInfinite @ 07/30/14 04:14 PM
Where can I go to watch the archived stream? I go to the twitch page and it just says offline.

# 94 bad_philanthropy @ 07/30/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Where can I go to watch the archived stream? I go to the twitch page and it just says offline.
http://www.twitch.tv/easports/b/552815490

# 95 jmurphy31 @ 07/30/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Twitch Ea Home page then Past broadcasts.

# 96 Khanchus @ 07/30/14 04:19 PM
lol man like someone said the was taken out of me with this video..

I think they need RG to do most videos because these guys were so lame

the out route open almost every time, the come back route open 8 out of ten times (just like M25)

the graphics were very nice but looked just like M25 gameplay wise...

I was a huge M25 fan but man the upgrades they were talking about i rarely saw

the defensive coverage didnt improve from what i seen

i think i will still be going thru the season with a 75% + completion looking at the gameplay

sometimes i feel like they will highlight a feature that main stream may not have noticed and try to make it look like a big improvement

the matte black/colors of the jersey was just horrible...i hope it was because of lighting or because the jerseys were bleached out because of the sun (LOL)

i notice the after play emotions nice touch but seems overly done...too many exaggerated reactions

there are improvements but the negative out weighed the positive in this video so it leaves a bad taste in my mouth

# 97 Khanchus @ 07/30/14 04:21 PM
has taken the breath out of me**

to edit the first sentence of my post ^^^

# 98 bad_philanthropy @ 07/30/14 04:27 PM
From watching this again, I think part of the disjointedness of Madden these days is the how the gameplay runs so much faster and twitchy than the action/interaction animations. Like the running animations are fast and erratic, and then contact seems to occur at a speed and level that defies physics in the way is allows player models to warp into position and slow down in tackles and collisions.

# 99 The JareBear @ 07/30/14 04:27 PM
Well, the coverage in the Steelers vs Chiefs footage is a lot better than the Jags vs Eagles footage, I will give them that. Smith's one errant throw seemed caused by pressure. EA has gotta get the pressure going from CPU teams. New in-game camera angles on replays are a step in the right direction

# 100 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/30/14 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
How long does your broadcast say. Mine says 1:03:44.

Right at 29:59 mark Alex Smith Completion it goes black and picks up at 30:00 with them talking about which team they will play with next
Yeah you are right....it does skip....weird...Guess EA edited it out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.