Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released player and team ratings for the entire AFC and NFC North divisions. Click here to see the complete list of player ratings for both divisions.

AFC North
Cincinnati Bengals - Overall 86
Baltimore Ravens - Overall 84
Pittsburgh Steelers - Overall 78
Cleveland Browns - Overall 75

NFC North
Green Bay Packers - Overall 88
Chicago Bears - Overall 84
Detroit Lions - Overall 80
Minnesota Vikings - Overall 76

Previously released Madden NFL 15 player ratings:

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 The JareBear @ 08/03/14 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanchus
Ravens fan here (probAbly can tell by my avatar) ratings are very fair... Kinda dissapointed cj mosley didnt have better awareness but oh well hes a rookie no complaints

But my one gripe is that they gave flacco a 63 deep throw accuracy... Thats ridiculous, he has one of the best deep throw touch and acc in the league... Smh thats just makes no sense to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I expected better than 64 pursuit, 63 play recognition, and 59 awareness from the 8th overall pick and the 1st corner back drafted in the 1st round. I never mentioned which specific ratings in my previous post no reason to act indignant over some assumed bias.

At least, on the positive side, those ratings are pretty easy to raise in CFM, unless EA fixed the system

# 62 Madwolf @ 08/03/14 09:11 PM
So this is already starting out good:

Teddy vs Johnny

Throw power: Johnny by 2 points. - Correct me if I'm wrong, but Teddy was considered to have the best arm out of the 3 QBs, and he has a weak arm in this game by Madden's standards. Okay.

Short Accuracy: By the numbers Teddy was hands down the best short thrower. However, they both have the same SAC.

Medium Accuracy: Seems about right. Teddy has the higher MAC, being 7 points ahead of Johnny Football whose sitting at a 75. Out of the Top 3 QBs, Johnny had the worst MAC by far and Teddy the best, by the numbers.

Deep Accuracy: Johnny is rightfully rewarded for being the best deep thrower out of the top 3, coming in at an 82. Bridgewater, whose numbers were less than 1% below the average comes in at a 69! Are you serious? Looking at the metrics Johnny should be punished more for his MAC than Teddy should for his DAC. The numbers say Bridgewater is a little off on his deep ball, and Johnny is WAY off on his MAC, and Teddy ends up with a 13 point difference between his deep ball and Johnny's deep ball? On the other end Johnny is only punished by a 7 point difference for his MAC compared to Teddy. Can they seriously just fire Donny Moore already? I'm so tired of him half assing ratings. Quit guessing you turd.

# 63 mmorg @ 08/03/14 09:32 PM
Yeah the accuracy ratings for Manziel and Bridgewater shocked me. I expected Manziel to have a high 70s short accuracy, a low 70s to high 60s medium accuracy, and a high 70s maybe 80 deep accuracy.

The deep accuracy rating on Bridgewater is obnoxious in my opinion. I don't see a reason for a deep ball rating that low.

# 64 underdog13 @ 08/03/14 09:43 PM
Cutler only 85 toughness? Don't care how good or bad you think he is but he is tough as nails.

# 65 reyes the roof @ 08/03/14 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Cutler only 85 toughness? Don't care how good or bad you think he is but he is tough as nails.
I always feel like he gets short-changed in speed ratings. I won't go as far as saying he is athletic as Rodgers, but I think the gap is closer than the ratings indicate. I can remember him running the option when he was in Denver

# 66 Dr. Poe @ 08/03/14 09:54 PM
How in the world is t-Suggs not a top player for the ravens.

# 67 gator3guy @ 08/03/14 10:31 PM
Defensive linemen speed ratings seem out of control.

I also need to stay away from reading the comments in these threads. All the homerism is making my head hurt.

# 68 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/03/14 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
So this is already starting out good:

Teddy vs Johnny

Throw power: Johnny by 2 points. - Correct me if I'm wrong, but Teddy was considered to have the best arm out of the 3 QBs, and he has a weak arm in this game by Madden's standards. Okay.

Short Accuracy: By the numbers Teddy was hands down the best short thrower. However, they both have the same SAC.

Medium Accuracy: Seems about right. Teddy has the higher MAC, being 7 points ahead of Johnny Football whose sitting at a 75. Out of the Top 3 QBs, Johnny had the worst MAC by far and Teddy the best, by the numbers.

Deep Accuracy: Johnny is rightfully rewarded for being the best deep thrower out of the top 3, coming in at an 82. Bridgewater, whose numbers were less than 1% below the average comes in at a 69! Are you serious? Looking at the metrics Johnny should be punished more for his MAC than Teddy should for his DAC. The numbers say Bridgewater is a little off on his deep ball, and Johnny is WAY off on his MAC, and Teddy ends up with a 13 point difference between his deep ball and Johnny's deep ball? On the other end Johnny is only punished by a 7 point difference for his MAC compared to Teddy. Can they seriously just fire Donny Moore already? I'm so tired of him half assing ratings. Quit guessing you turd.
From ESPN:

"2. Downfield passing
After Bridgewater’s pro day, questions emerged about his accuracy and velocity on downfield passes.

Bridgewater’s statistics in his final college season confirm the scouts' concerns. He completed 39.1 percent of his passes thrown 20 yards or farther downfield, the second-lowest percentage of the top 10 QB prospects ranked by Scouts Inc.

The issue is arm strength. As noted above, Bridgewater is one of the most accurate quarterbacks in the nation on intermediate passes, but when he has to throw it farther downfield, the ball tends to hang in the air."

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...dy-bridgewater

So that's probably why his arm strength and deep accuracy weren't great. Manziel doesn't have a great arm in terms of strength either, but they probably had to bump it up a bit so that he could make the deep throws because in Madden, a QB with low throw power tends to underthrow on deep balls even if they have high accuracy.

# 69 GarrisonGrant @ 08/03/14 11:31 PM
Some of these ratings are brutal, and really stupid. I was anxious to see how my Jags are gonna look. Not so much anymore.

# 70 Find_the_Door @ 08/03/14 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Just a few examples:

UDFA TE Colt Lyerla (GB) - 68 OVR, 35 AWR, 87 SPD, 91 ACC, 76 CTH
6th rd pick CB Demetri Goodson (GB) - 66 OVR, 43 AWR, 91 SPD, 92 ACC, 83 MCV, 77 ZCV
UDFA TE A.C. Leonard (MIN) - 66 OVR, 36 AWR, 89 SPD, 91 ACC, 75 CTH
7th rd pick LB Brandon Watts (MIN) - 60 OVR, 92 SPD, 91 ACC, 76 TAK, 43 AWR, 68 MCV, 75 ZCV

That's only two teams and four players. Those in online leagues: these are the players you get for cheap, keep for cheap, and they make a big impact.
Well with Colt's cocaine charges/habits it makes perfect sense there lol. The rest IDK

# 71 Madwolf @ 08/04/14 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
From ESPN:

"2. Downfield passing
After Bridgewater’s pro day, questions emerged about his accuracy and velocity on downfield passes.

Bridgewater’s statistics in his final college season confirm the scouts' concerns. He completed 39.1 percent of his passes thrown 20 yards or farther downfield, the second-lowest percentage of the top 10 QB prospects ranked by Scouts Inc.

The issue is arm strength. As noted above, Bridgewater is one of the most accurate quarterbacks in the nation on intermediate passes, but when he has to throw it farther downfield, the ball tends to hang in the air."

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...dy-bridgewater

So that's probably why his arm strength and deep accuracy weren't great. Manziel doesn't have a great arm in terms of strength either, but they probably had to bump it up a bit so that he could make the deep throws because in Madden, a QB with low throw power tends to underthrow on deep balls even if they have high accuracy.
I would love to know why ESPNs stats don't match up with Rotoworlds stats.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...back-conundrum

# 72 HingleMcCringleberry @ 08/04/14 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Defensive linemen speed ratings seem out of control.

I also need to stay away from reading the comments in these threads. All the homerism is making my head hurt.
Madden's Speed ratings in general are out of control. It seems that near everyone is rated 90+ speed these days.

# 73 friscob @ 08/04/14 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HingleMcCringleberry
Madden's Speed ratings in general are out of control. It seems that near everyone is rated 90+ speed these days.
They gave Adrian Peterson 97 speed (yet again). These ratings are basically just a popularity contest for the most part. It's pretty funny seeing some of the ppl they have him as being faster than

# 74 CT Pitbull @ 08/04/14 04:56 AM
I must repeat what was already said..The speed ratings in this game have skewed the gameplay on the field for YEARS now in this series..

Like I said FBG to the rescue please! Hopefully both PS4 and XB1 can get a couple teams together on here to enter the ratings into the game as soon as possible after M15 releases

# 75 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/04/14 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I would love to know why ESPNs stats don't match up with Rotoworlds stats.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...back-conundrum

Could be that one of them is measuring how far passes are from the line of scrimmage while the other is measuring how far the pass physically travels in the air, and could also be that maybe ESPN didn't account for drops in theirs. Idk. Or maybe passes that rotoworld thought were drops, ESPN disagreed on.

# 76 seanhazz1 @ 08/04/14 08:17 AM
I hope Madden placed more importance on intangibles awareness and play recognition and players being in the right position to make a play over the straight line speed/agility so many of us have used as a a measuring stick for years.

# 77 LBzrule @ 08/04/14 08:18 AM
Quote:
Ravens fan here (probAbly can tell by my avatar) ratings are very fair... Kinda dissapointed cj mosley didnt have better awareness but oh well hes a rookie no complaints

But my one gripe is that they gave flacco a 63 deep throw accuracy... Thats ridiculous, he has one of the best deep throw touch and acc in the league... Smh thats just makes no sense to me
Agree except for Jimmy Smith. Smith was better than Webb down the stretch last year. I'd at least think that Smith should have garnered somewhere between an 85 - 88 ovr. His man coverage and accel should be higher.

Thing I don't like about the ratings is really for online connected career. Brandon Williams and all those guys have terrible ratings LOL and they are starting this year. What Donny needs to do is at least swap ratings once he sees who wins training camp battles. He can already swap Brandon Williams and Cody now. Cody might not even make the damn team, yet he's rated higher than the guy who is going to take his position and it aint even close. Terrance Cody 73 ovr with 97 strength LOL. He's not that strong. Brandon Williams on the other hand is a tank and benches 550 with no problem. What's his strength? 90. He's a 67 ovr with 90 strength. At least make Williams a 73 ovr with 97 strength. Watch Cody get bounced from the league and Donny will still have him at 73 ovr LOL

# 78 BFem09 @ 08/04/14 08:33 AM
Quote:

Mosley is like a top 10 Madden LB out of the gate. those coverage ratings are ridiculous.

# 79 huskerfan4life @ 08/04/14 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
uhhhh....manziel catching is a 65 and his carry is a 60 did i read that right?

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
why would they rate Manziel's catching higher then his carry skills because I think that his carry should be around 75 and his catch around 50 because I do not remember him catching a lot of passes in college.

# 80 LBzrule @ 08/04/14 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFem09
Mosley is like a top 10 Madden LB out of the gate. those coverage ratings are ridiculous.
Agreed. I don't have any issue with our linebackers. I just have an issue with Jimmy Smith and guys on our defensive line. I get that they are going to need to prove themselves this season, but some things should already be evident from physical standpoint. Terrance Cody is hanging on by a damn thread to make the team, has a 97 strength in Madden. Since when did this guy ever show that kind of strength? Never did. Not even close. He's just fat. Brandon Williams on the other hand, Bench Presses 525 http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-14671dca3116 there is evidence to show that. Why can't he get the appropriate strength rating in the game for that? I know why, because then he'd be stronger than their favorite guys. Well he is.

This guy will be starting for us this year, not Cody and already from a physical standpoint he should be rated better than Cody. Hell with limited time as a rookie, Williams did something that Cody has not since he's been in the league, namely register a QB sack. Anyways...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.