Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has continued to reveal NHL 15 player ratings today with the top rated right wingers, along with new screenshots of each player.
  • Corey Perry - 92 Overall
  • Marian Hossa - 91 Overall
  • Phil Kessel - 90 Overall
  • Patrick Kane - 89 Overall
  • Martin St. Louis - 88 Overall
Let us know what you think!

Previously released NHL 15 player ratings:

NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 spidertour02 @ 08/07/14 04:48 PM
Oh man, people are going to go berserk over Kane being rated "only" 89 ...

# 2 Al_Tito13 @ 08/07/14 04:49 PM
I also saw centers ratings, but they seem to have been taken off since.

1. Crosby 96
2. Stamkos 93
3. Toews 93
4. Datsyuk 93
5. Getzlaf 92

# 3 Simple Mathematics @ 08/07/14 08:19 PM
Marian Hossa a 91??? Good thing I'll be using the Revamped Rosters.

# 4 Al_Tito13 @ 08/07/14 08:24 PM
Hossa is probably the most complete winger in the NHL. He is good offensively and he is great defensively. It's good to see his solid two-way play being rewarded this year. I fully agree that 91 is way too high though, but ratings in general are too high anyway.

# 5 canucksss @ 08/07/14 09:03 PM
Sorry if I will sound like stupid.....but these ratings will only be good if

1. You can see the difference between players ranked 85-90+ and a player ranked 70-75.

2. That these players will play like their real counterparts.

Because if not, then THESE ARE USELESS!

# 6 Trevelyan @ 08/07/14 09:14 PM
Phil Kessel is rated higher than Patrick Kane. Everyone take a moment and think about that.

# 7 KNTTWD @ 08/08/14 12:43 AM
I wonder if Kessel has a higher overall than Kane because maybe he has higher speed, strength, acceleration, checking, shot power, and aggressiveness attributes? I don't know lol. This is why i feel that EA's overall system is somewhat flawed. Any NHL GM out there will probably pick Kane over Kessel.

# 8 Majingir @ 08/08/14 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
Phil Kessel is rated higher than Patrick Kane. Everyone take a moment and think about that.

# 9 Ryan97 @ 08/08/14 07:39 AM
To those of you that think Kessel being higher then Kane is a joke.......You have no idea. Only one guy has more points in the past 3 seasons and that's Claude Giroux. Patrick Kane ? he is 11th on that list. And this is looking at the past 3 seasons. Not just one. Only Stamkos, Ovechkin, and Perry have scored more goals in that time. Kane is much further down that list. Among many other things........ In my opinion you could make an argument for Kane being heavily over rated for a guy who only averages 25 a year on an outstanding Chicago team.

# 10 Gagnon39 @ 08/08/14 08:47 AM
Quote:
That's just plain stupid. For Kaner not to be at the very least in the 90's is just dumb.

# 11 Trevelyan @ 08/08/14 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan97
To those of you that think Kessel being higher then Kane is a joke.......You have no idea. Only one guy has more points in the past 3 seasons and that's Claude Giroux. Patrick Kane ? he is 11th on that list. And this is looking at the past 3 seasons. Not just one. Only Stamkos, Ovechkin, and Perry have scored more goals in that time. Kane is much further down that list. Among many other things........ In my opinion you could make an argument for Kane being heavily over rated for a guy who only averages 25 a year on an outstanding Chicago team.
The biggest thing that ever happened in Phil Kessel's career is being traded to Toronto and Boston going on to win the cup. Thats the guy rated higher than Kane.

Theres more going on during games than just point totals.

# 12 Gagnon39 @ 08/08/14 03:56 PM
And Hossa is higher than Kane!? Seriously? Not a chance.

# 13 Ryan97 @ 08/08/14 04:03 PM
Quote:
The biggest thing that ever happened in Phil Kessel's career is being traded to Toronto and Boston going on to win the cup. Thats the guy rated higher than Kane.

Theres more going on during games than just point totals.
Sorry, I disagree. Points, goals etc are a result of your actions on the ice. I'm not saying Kane is bad or doesnt deserve a good rating, I'm just saying laughing about Kessel's rating and using that as a barometer is just ignorant.

He has more points then everyone in the last three years except one guy, that is saying ALOT considering the lack of support he gets in Toronto.

Plus minus and defensive capabilities would be the evening factor here where Kane is concerned. Kessel is still not where he needs to be in that regard. They are pretty tight all things considered.

Name Pos GP G A P PIM +/- PPG SHG GWG G/GP A/GP P/GP
P Kessel F 212 94 120 214 65 -18 24 0 16 0.443 0.566 1.009
P Kane F 198 75 115 190 70 25 22 0 14 0.379 0.581 0.960

The rating system EA uses has been a disaster for a lot of years. You have to take it with a grain of salt. Some categories for attributes are more heavily weighted then others. They do this to try to achieve some sort of placebo player personality. The result is you get wonky ratings. Every knew a guy on your team was the fastest guy in the lineup for example yet EA gave him a 60 rating for speed ? crap like that is what Im talking about. They are all rated to get the devs desired result.

# 14 Dolphins88 @ 08/09/14 08:22 AM
Ya bad call on Kane.. I think he's Better than Crosby in a lot of areas- stick handling , agility, backhand shot, passing about par... But if I know EA players will almost play near the same anyway w the same moves.. They need to make each player play to their ability and w unique moves

# 15 Sheba2011 @ 08/11/14 02:54 AM
Quote:
Yea I am still laughing over that one. What is even more absurd is Patrick Kane not being one of the top 10 players in the game. I actually hate the Blackhawks but I have the utmost respect for Kane.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.