Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

As mentioned back in June, Scott O'Gallagher (AKA OG) left the NBA Live team. There was a very strong rumor leading up to today, that he was indeed heading to 2K Sports to join the NBA 2K team.

Doug Veney of GoodGameBro noticed a slight change in OG's twitter profile and it is now confirmed. Scott is now a Gameplay Producer for the NBA 2K series.

Hopefully Scott can chime in from time to time, with NBA 2K details, just as he did with the NBA Live series. Let's all wish him the best of luck.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/09/14 07:38 PM
I hope the defense improved a lot . Something's are so easy to abuse in the interior. Also charging shouldn't "suck you in " . Hope to see more misses on contested inside shots .

# 42 The 24th Letter @ 08/09/14 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Something I would like to see from live is the interior defense.when your strategy was to play zone and stop pip lovers it worked because Durant wasn't dunking on 3 of your defenders every time. 2k has had a paint scoring ease issue for years but it improved on nextgen 14.

Almost forgot the default online game speed of NG 14 is like playing sonic the hedgehog with the excessive recovery speed of defenders on the perimeter

Which version of Live are you referring to? Live 14's interior defense was horrific...forget KD...Mario Chalmers could dunk through 3 defenders...the rotations were on point...but it didn't really matter because there was no contact inside 50% of the time..

Completely agree with the 2k game speed....anything 50 above felt awful to me...straight cockroach mode...

# 43 SPRINGS03 @ 08/09/14 08:41 PM
Hmm,i dunno much about this guy. But the fact that he actually has basketball experience is gonna mean a lot. Finally an actual bball player will have some input on the core gameplay. Could be a big plus.

# 44 thedream2k13 @ 08/09/14 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Which version of Live are you referring to? Live 14's interior defense was horrific...forget KD...Mario Chalmers could dunk through 3 defenders...the rotations were on point...but it didn't really matter because there was no contact inside 50% of the time..

Completely agree with the 2k game speed....anything 50 above felt awful to me...straight cockroach mode...
Live 10 interior defense

# 45 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/09/14 08:59 PM
I hope alleys are toned down and the fadeaway floater shot isn't as automatic. Hopefully he looked into all that

# 46 The 24th Letter @ 08/09/14 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Live 10 interior defense

Gotcha.

Only issue with Live 10's (and 2k11's) highly praised interior D is that they were papered by some heavy two man animations...there were times where guys would literally stop and start and animation at the rim...

# 47 24 @ 08/09/14 10:05 PM
Another step in the right direction for 2K. Last year was the first time I didn't purchase a basketball game in my life. What I'm seeing so far will make me buy a copy again.

# 48 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/09/14 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Gotcha.

Only issue with Live 10's (and 2k11's) highly praised interior D is that they were papered by some heavy two man animations...there were times where guys would literally stop and start and animation at the rim...
Yeah I think that might be worse than what we have. Some good contest animations are there they just don't miss at times

# 49 kevmasood @ 08/10/14 09:24 AM
I see a lot of hate with ppl. cuz he made a decision with his life, its not about LIVE, its about whats the right situation for him... far as Live goes, OG did all he can do with that series in his short time, All that team specific defensive, and offensive ***. Thats his work., Maybe they wanted to go a different route, and OG wasn't feelin it, nobody knows what happen, but them.

Live lost somebody with that type of knowledge, will hurt them, dont think Live will recover in 15, maybe one day, just not this yr.

Now what he is doing, i hopes a little bit of his picks he wants, makes it in 2K15, but with a new game cycle in NBA2K16, OMG no telling how much impact that crew at 2k is a beast now, Leftosa, Mike Wang, Bedswardroy19, and Scott OG, This is a Team, fot the future, we straight far as we concern.
Im happy for thr bro. #SimNation #WinnersWin
Dont speak bad about ppl , if you dont know them personally.

He did LiveStreams last yr, at least 4 of them before that game drop, interacting with the communnity, He is a Good, Solid , down to earth, Humble Bro. So ppl , Go ahead and hate, while he prosper
Big Kev #SimNation

# 50 jersez @ 08/10/14 03:26 PM
2k has made some excellent decisions bringing in guys from the community with beds, OG and leftos and they still work with czar. If you've listened to any of the sim nation radio shows featuring OG, you should already know he's all about realistic basketball, and his understanding of basketball fundamentals and strategy is on another level, since he'd played professionally. I was and am still excited about OG being in the industry period. I think 2k15 will be the true showcase of what 2k will be able to do on these next gen consoles.

# 51 Leftos @ 08/10/14 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
...he's all about realistic basketball, and his understanding of basketball fundamentals and strategy is on another level, since he'd played professionally. ...
Quoted for truth.

# 52 thedream2k13 @ 08/10/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Quoted for truth.
Hope he has had input on gameplay as well as what you are working on. I want to see masterpiece this year!

# 53 2_headedmonster @ 08/10/14 04:41 PM
if 2k15 starts with ps3/360 2k14 as a base the defense will be more than adequate. as ive said it actually has more defense animations than the ps4 edition.

# 54 videlsports @ 08/10/14 11:55 PM
Fix the double jumping big men (after falling for a pump fake) also fixing the charges so its realistic too. People take more charges than a credit card on 2k14

# 55 Sundown @ 08/11/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
Quoted for truth.

So the return of an enhanced Defensive Settings?

Please please please please.

# 56 JBulls @ 08/11/14 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoti34
He's been there a week, 2 weeks at best. OG can't fix bugs in code....
He's more like a basketball expert/consultant with some knowledge of animation.

# 57 King_B_Mack @ 08/11/14 01:47 PM
Quote:
He's been there a week, 2 weeks at best. OG can't fix bugs in code....
And you know how long he's been there how exactly? You're aware Leftos works for 2K Sports right?

# 58 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/11/14 07:22 PM
Quote:
zero knowledge of 2K's Animation engine unless 2K is also powered by Ignite...

Not trying to say this isn't a big win for 2K, but to think that he's making a significant impact on this year's game is absurd.
Quote:
You won't have to wait until 2K16. He has already helped me immensely with features I've worked on. His basketball knowledge, understanding of how basketball video games work and willingness to help have been invaluable. And I can't speak for others, but I'm pretty sure his contributions are all over the game considering how hard I've watched him work with everyone here since the first day.

He has an amazing passion for the game, he's driven and he never says no when you want to throw an idea against him and discuss it for hours, nor does he shy away from bringing up and working with us on all the ideas he has.

An incredible addition to the team.
Yea, I think I'll take Leftos word

# 59 Leftos @ 08/11/14 07:46 PM
I might know what I'm talking about, at least as far as how much he has helped me. :P

# 60 LD2k @ 08/11/14 08:01 PM

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.