Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

IGN has posted some NBA 2K15 gameplay footage.

In case you missed it earlier this morning, there are some more gameplay videos here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 squadron supreme @ 08/14/14 09:41 AM
We as gamers need to evolve from the 'it looks the same as last year" stuff. Are people expecting an overhaul in graphics? Tweak the player models, animations and work on improving gameplay and online. The graphics have been the least of my concerns for NBA2k for years.

# 42 Vni @ 08/14/14 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squadron supreme
We as gamers need to evolve from the 'it looks the same as last year" stuff. Are people expecting an overhaul in graphics? Tweak the player models, animations and work on improving gameplay and online. The graphics have been the least of my concerns for NBA2k for years.
I agree, I don't know what does people expect. It looks a lot different to me.

# 43 tsbmolina @ 08/14/14 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squadron supreme
I think some people won't be satisfied until they can smell the players sweat through the tv.

# 44 Da_Czar @ 08/14/14 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
I think some people won't be satisfied until they can smell the players sweat through the tv.
LOL! 4D FTW!

# 45 Jakeness23 @ 08/14/14 10:12 AM
That Wade (I think that's who it is) shot at about the 1:10 mark is rough, I've always hated when you tried to take a quick 1 step pull up that they wouldn't dribble or the ball morphs back to your hand when it's half way down.

Wish they could get rid of the 2 back court guys coming up court together.

Players don't know how to react after scoring. It's like they score and then slide 3 or 4 strides, then back peddle, then they sprint down to find their man. Would be nice if they just knew to turn and get down court from the get go.

Transitions after turnovers or timeouts would be nice too, hell even a cutscene would be better than everyone just stopping and staring off into the distance for 5 seconds. I'd also like to see the bench greet the guys from the court after a timeout or end of quarter.

Just a couple of small things that I saw and a couple of things that I'm hoping for in the future. I'm honestly just happy to finally have some gameplay, though!

# 46 Jakeness23 @ 08/14/14 11:04 AM
Still looks like the guys with long hair (Josh McRoberts) have it stuck in place instead of it moving. I think last time that was in was 2K7. It's a really small detail, but one that I think would be appreciated.

# 47 setis @ 08/14/14 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
That Wade (I think that's who it is) shot at about the 1:10 mark is rough, I've always hated when you tried to take a quick 1 step pull up that they wouldn't dribble or the ball morphs back to your hand when it's half way down.
This! I was hoping that it would be solved at this point.

# 48 Beluba @ 08/14/14 11:37 AM
It always depresses me that these gamescom vids are the first taste of the game you guys get. Old build, stripped down presentation/audio, pro/default settings, no plays, inexperienced users... it's just a shell of what you're going to see in October. I've been saying this before I even got in the industry but it's a mistake to judge the final product based on watching snippets of footage. For any game really. Feel is so important and you get none of that from watching these clips.

Still I'm glad these videos are tempering your expectations. Being overhyped for anything just leads to disappointment. But I will say that we've made big strides in gameplay this year and with experienced users on the sticks the game can look beautiful. As always you'll just have to take my word on that for now.

# 49 Goffs @ 08/14/14 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
It always depresses me that these gamescom vids are the first taste of the game you guys get. Old build, stripped down presentation/audio, pro/default settings, no plays, inexperienced users... it's just a shell of what you're going to see in October. I've been saying this before I even got in the industry but it's a mistake to judge the final product based on watching snippets of footage. For any game really. Feel is so important and you get none of that from watching these clips.

Still I'm glad these videos are tempering your expectations. Being overhyped for anything just leads to disappointment. But I will say that we've made big strides in gameplay this year and with experienced users on the sticks the game can look beautiful. As always you'll just have to take my word on that for now.
Same song every year lol I'm just confused that some of these users have been here for awhile now should know better. Bunch of short termed memories we got here.

So...left hand right hand layup controls back? I hated that it was turned into Euro step....

# 50 tsbmolina @ 08/14/14 11:46 AM
Quote:

With all that you just said it actually has heightened my expectations because even with all of what's stripped out and inexperienced gamers on the sticks I'm still loving what I'm seeing! You guys at 2K are killing it with NBA 2K and don't even get me started on the WWE game! One day I hope and pray for the return of NFL 2K, sorry I just had to say it

# 51 JasonWilliams55 @ 08/14/14 12:07 PM
Quote:

Beluba, do you know if 15 is gonna be playable at PAX at the end of the month?

# 52 Sundown @ 08/14/14 12:12 PM
Beluba, you need to have a talk with the marketing department.

Actually I think the game looks quite good, in some ways markedly improved from 2k14, aside from some sliding issues here and there. Movement looks and feels a lot more realistic, and I totally get that the game looks less than stellar with players pushing the ball full tilt constantly, playing terrible defense and taking terrible shots. The game does look totally different when I play vs when my friend constantly spams the paint or chucks threes with Harden and Lin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Same song every year lol I'm just confused that some of these users have been here for awhile now should know better. Bunch of short termed memories we got here.

So...left hand right hand layup controls back? I hated that it was turned into Euro step....
Er, it's been hand layup control since next gen last year. Mike brought it back at the end though it didn't make the last gen cut.

# 53 Beluba @ 08/14/14 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs

Yes. Back Left/Right for Euro. Left/Right for left or right layups. Toward hoop = AI chooses finish hand.

# 54 Beluba @ 08/14/14 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Beluba, do you know if 15 is gonna be playable at PAX at the end of the month?
no idea. ronnie or LD might know

# 55 Beluba @ 08/14/14 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Beluba, you need to have a talk with the marketing department.

Actually I think the game looks quite good, in some ways markedly improved from 2k14, aside from some sliding issues here and there. Movement looks and feels a lot more realistic, and I totally get that the game looks less than stellar with players pushing the ball full tilt constantly, playing terrible defense and taking terrible shots. The game does look totally different when I play vs when my friend constantly spams the paint or chucks threes with Harden and Lin.

Er, it's been hand layup control since next gen last year. Mike brought it back at the end though it didn't make the last gen cut.
Believe me, bro... it pains me. We even have guys in the office who can manage to make the game look gross to me. But that's just the cost of putting so much control in the user's hands. The good news is... most of the guys who are used to cheesing or playing unrealistically are really struggling with 2K15.

# 56 coolcras7 @ 08/14/14 12:30 PM
Quote:

Thanks for posting Mike, the level of redundancy of the comments after the first videos are releases is simply ridiculous, especially all those it looks like the 2k14, none of them have held the controls and refuse to accept that it of a older build and that the final product is going to look and feel different.

# 57 eko718 @ 08/14/14 12:36 PM
Quote:
Yes. Back Left/Right for Euro. Left/Right for left or right layups. Toward hoop = AI chooses finish hand.
Excellent. I liked this control scheme the best. Seems to make the most sense for the eurostep.

# 58 Vni @ 08/14/14 01:02 PM
Quote:
2K should let a few guys record a few official gameplays from gamescom every year. Youtubers could be usefull for once. Or even guys from OS like DaWolf. It would be better publicity for the game than theses shaky, stolen videos of randoms who have never played a basketball game before.

Gameplay is gonna leak either way, might aswell control it and make the game shine.

# 59 King_B_Mack @ 08/14/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Believe me, bro... it pains me. We even have guys in the office who can manage to make the game look gross to me. But that's just the cost of putting so much control in the user's hands. The good news is... most of the guys who are used to cheesing or playing unrealistically are really struggling with 2K15.
Any way you can pull some strings and let them get some video of you playing at some point? I wouldn't mind get two or three vids throughout the course of the summer of you or Erick or one of the guys playing against the AI or each other in like a minute and a half, two minute clip just to get us a better look at how things are coming along from guys that can show the way this thing can look.

# 60 turty11 @ 08/14/14 01:16 PM
Quote:

why dont you guys just have ronnie/ld play a quick 5min quarter or something then rather than making us watch scrublies?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.