Home
Snow News Post

A surprise sports gaming title was announced today (we don't get to say that often enough anymore), with SNOW being announced as a free to play PS4 exclusive title on Sony's European blog.

Snow is being developed by Poppermost Productions, an indie studio straight out of Stockholm, Sweden. The goal for Poppermost is to develop a free-to-play, open world, winter sports experience. The goal is to never restrict a player, but empower them to play the game however they want.

You can either free roam mountains or participate in events. The first open world mountain available in the game, Sialia is 8 square kilometers and contains over 20 unique areas handcrafted for gameplay. The entire environment is built with interactive physics in mind, and players can mold their world by adding jumps, rails, and other features.

There will be an in-game replay and photo mode system which, when combined with PS4 share, will probably end up being a huge hit. Characters are fully customizable, from helmets and goggles, to skis and boots.

For now, skiing will be the only sport featured, but snowboarding and other winter action sports are coming to the game very soon. There is no word on a PS4 launch date, but expect it to be sometime closer to Winter, because why not?

Does SNOW sound intriguing to you?

SNOW screenshot gallery - Click to view SNOW screenshot gallery - Click to view SNOW screenshot gallery - Click to view SNOW screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: SNOWHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 0 - View All
SNOW Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Ziza9Noles94 @ 08/13/14 04:30 PM
This looks interesting. I will definitely be keeping it on my radar.

# 2 DBMcGee3 @ 08/13/14 04:51 PM
Meh, I'd play this once they add snowboarding. Hopefully it's priced like the other indie games are.

# 3 inkcil @ 08/13/14 05:23 PM
I'm interested bc not since AMPED have we seen a decent snow game based in reality. I know it's just skis in the trailer, but the guys skis read "snowboarding is cool" so it seems snowboarding will be added. Could be fun if the physics are decent and if each discipline feel different.

# 4 monegames @ 08/13/14 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Meh, I'd play this once they add snowboarding. Hopefully it's priced like the other indie games are.
The goal for Poppermost is to develop a free-to-play, open world, winter sports experience.

right in the article. f2p.

# 5 Sheba2011 @ 08/14/14 02:19 AM
This game looks promising, I always loved the snowboarding games of last generation. But the free to play model, especially on consoles always scares me. Still need more details on this one such as how much of it is "free" to play? How much will it cost for new mountains, ski's, characters, snowboarders etc.

# 6 bukktown @ 08/14/14 12:44 PM
I always love Winter Olympics type games!

# 7 lynkraid @ 08/14/14 02:30 PM
This could be interesting so long as you can actually walk, or say ride a snow mobile around the mountain area. Interested to see what direction this game goes in.

# 8 Tsuki @ 08/14/14 05:47 PM
Wake me when SSX next gen arrives.

# 9 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 08/14/14 10:24 PM
Really excited for this! I enjoy playing games from time to time that have no real objective. Was really considering buying the pre-alpha version on steam but I'll just wait until it gets released as a f2p which I hope is soon.

# 10 VDusen04 @ 08/16/14 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
This game looks promising, I always loved the snowboarding games of last generation. But the free to play model, especially on consoles always scares me. Still need more details on this one such as how much of it is "free" to play? How much will it cost for new mountains, ski's, characters, snowboarders etc.
I must admit my ignorance. What is the free-to-play model? Will the game be of the same quality as a standard $60 release? Will the cost associated with new add-ons eventually greatly out-price a $60 price tag?

Either way, I love the idea of an open world winter sports game. I just hope it's well done. Beautiful to watch thus far.

# 11 Wfhilliam @ 09/06/14 08:20 PM
. I will definitely be keeping it on my radar.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.