Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA released a pretty hilarious video declaring the start of Madden season. The video features Kevin Hart and Dave Franco and has some rather funny moments. Check out the official PR below and watch the video above:

"Today EA SPORTS officially kicked off Madden Season with a humorous ad campaign video featuring Kevin Hart and Dave Franco. The video demonstrates how friends become frenemies during Madden Season, when rivalries heat up and you’ll stop at nothing to get the win. The full video is available here.

In addition to Hart and Franco, the spot also features cameos from other up-and-coming celebrities and young athletes including Colin Kaepernick, LeSean McCoy, Dez Bryant, Von Miller and Damian Lillard. Even the guys from the popular YouTube show, Epic Meal Time, join in on the fun. In a first for the Madden NFL franchise, the spot makes its debut online several days before it will hit broadcast television."

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 fballturkey @ 08/15/14 09:42 PM
Huh. So Dave Franco can't even get the lead in a commercial.

# 42 Cowboy008 @ 08/15/14 09:55 PM
I thought it was funny.

# 43 ODogg @ 08/15/14 10:53 PM
Loved it...my favorite part is...let it burn.....LET IT BURN!!!

# 44 TexasFan2005 @ 08/16/14 12:47 AM
Do fries come with that shake?

# 45 loccdogg26 @ 08/16/14 11:22 AM
I guess I'm in the minority of saying this commercial was corny.

# 46 friscob @ 08/16/14 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
Can I join your minority? Have no idea what I just watched, the rap part was pretty funny but Kaep looked awkward lol

# 47 Armor and Sword @ 08/16/14 02:20 PM
let it burn!!!!

Had to day that again and I found plenty of great humor in this video. Hillarious stuff.

# 48 ODogg @ 08/16/14 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
It's supposed to be...guess you don't see the sense of irony in the commercial..

# 49 loccdogg26 @ 08/16/14 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's supposed to be...guess you don't see the sense of irony in the commercial..
I guess its just me getting old.

# 50 Sausage @ 08/16/14 07:38 PM
I have watched this too many times today. Gets funnier each time.

# 51 Reejer @ 08/17/14 09:03 AM
The question should be: Does the commercial itself make you want to go out and buy Madden 15, and to subsequently play it? Put yourself into a FPS gamers shoes, do you think that this spectacle would make you want to go out and try Madden?

To me, the commercial really had nothing to do with playing Madden, and I found it to be a waste of time, money, creativity, and effort that would have been better spent on game improvement. And I feel that a demo would have created a more positive buzz, and produced more new Maddenites than this commercial.

# 52 Jerros @ 08/17/14 09:57 AM
This commercial is no different than all the celebrity driven CoD commercials over the years. Just more hype to push a product that has been the same broken mess for years. And to the dude that said something earlier about not understanding why someone would say they should spend that money on the game, well maybe it's because the game has yet to change in 9+ years. Still no WR/CB real interactions. Oline play is still the same hybrid generic nonsense as ever. Still the same EXACT animations and physics of that old broken engine that should have be ditched once next gen consoles hit. Makes no sense that they didn't spend the money to rebuild the game and fix that crap. Oh wait, they don't have to. There's no competition and people will buy the game anyway no matter how broken it is because its arcadey and fun! Yeah, same game, different year. But if you guys enjoy it, more power to you.

# 53 mestevo @ 08/17/14 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejer
The question should be: Does the commercial itself make you want to go out and buy Madden 15, and to subsequently play it? Put yourself into a FPS gamers shoes, do you think that this spectacle would make you want to go out and try Madden?

To me, the commercial really had nothing to do with playing Madden, and I found it to be a waste of time, money, creativity, and effort that would have been better spent on game improvement. And I feel that a demo would have created a more positive buzz, and produced more new Maddenites than this commercial.
You can construct any context you want to slight it, but which madden commercials in the past have had several page threads about it here, been plastered and re-plastered all over social media and even covered by many of the major sports news sites? This goes along with past efforts like Lewis vs Rudd that are more about awareness rather than 'look, the new defensive controls...'

It's obvious it's designed to be an absurd spectacle of a spot, not a comprehensive Madden sales pitch.

#letitburn.

# 54 Reejer @ 08/17/14 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
You can construct any context you want to slight it, but which madden commercials in the past have had several page threads about it here, been plastered and re-plastered all over social media and even covered by many of the major sports news sites? This goes along with past efforts like Lewis vs Rudd that are more about awareness rather than 'look, the new defensive controls...'

It's obvious it's designed to be an absurd spectacle of a spot, not a comprehensive Madden sales pitch.

#letitburn.
You are right that it has created a buzz, but what are the factors that you judge the buzzworthyness (threads or sales), and I might be wrong and sales could increase, possibly in part because of this commercial but only time will tell.

My point is that I feel that this commercial will do nothing to attract new customers, or bring back any of the old disenfranchised Maddenites. Because my son (who primarily plays strategy, and FPS games) won't be drawn in to buy Madden because of this commercial. And I guess I am just getting old, but I base my purchases off of what is in the game.

# 55 iLLWiLL9105 @ 08/17/14 03:39 PM
My girlfriend didnt even like this commercial and she liked Soul Plane lol. I understand they're marketing plan is to go after the pop culture teenage crowd though which they suceeded greatly at. It kinda made me want to just wait a month for the bball games though.

# 56 ODogg @ 08/17/14 03:46 PM
Quote:

Yes it gets me hyped and that's who they are targeting IMO, long time Madden players...this isn't a commercial made for someone who has never played Madden..

# 57 ODogg @ 08/17/14 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL9105
My girlfriend didnt even like this commercial and she liked Soul Plane lol. I understand they're marketing plan is to go after the pop culture teenage crowd though which they suceeded greatly at. It kinda made me want to just wait a month for the bball games though.
I'm 44 years old and this is not a teenage geared commercial in my view...to me it looks like a satiric take on said commercials.

# 58 iLLWiLL9105 @ 08/17/14 04:14 PM
So its geared towards adults? It felt kind of SNL'ish but I dont see anyone over 21 going and buying Madden because of this commercial. It might go over teenagers heads but as far as marketing purposes goes i think it was geared towards the teenage Twitter/Instagram crowd that will see familiar faces and be drawn to that. I didnt even know about it until my girlfriend saw it on Twitter and im only 23.

# 59 kehlis @ 08/17/14 04:19 PM
Quote:
The question should be: Does the commercial itself make you want to go out and buy Madden 15, and to subsequently play it?
Dude, this isn't a commercial. It's 3 and a half minutes.

This is the beginning of their ad campaign and this is obviously and overdone preview of the actual commercials we will see but lets hold off on judgement until we actually see a commercial maybe.

# 60 loccdogg26 @ 08/17/14 04:28 PM
I'm 38 and bought Madden every year up until Madden 10. I may be tempted to buy this years version.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.